Troubleshooting The Sims 3 - Getting a black screen and the game closes itself when started up!

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by PortiaAMC, Dec 23, 2009.

1. PortiaAMC

PortiaAMC New Member

The Sims 3 - Getting a black screen and the game closes itself when started up!

Hey,
    I've been playing TS3 fine for a while now, and last night, I installed the Awesomemod using the Helper Monkey tool.
    However, I THINK I installed it in the wrong place (not sure where).
    When I tried to start up my game, it got as far as the introductory video thing, and then the screen went black and the game closed.
    If I pressed a button to skip the intro, it just went black and closed straight away.
    I deleted all Awesomemod files that I could find through a search bar, on my laptop, but when I opened the game up, the same thing happened.
    I've tried everything; deleting the Awesomemod files, reinstalling the mod, uninstalling the Helper Monkey, uninstalling and reinstalling my game, and nothing seems to work; I still get the same problem.
    I can't find any more Awesomemod files, but when I redownloaded it and tried to install it properly, it asked me if I wanted to overwrite the file, so it must still be installed on my computer, but I don't know where.

I posted on here because frankly, the people at MoreAwesomeThanYou seem kinda mean, and I had no reply on Yahoo Answers, and you guys seem to be helpful and to really know your stuff!

Can anybody help by any chance?
    I know it's a long shot!
    And btw, as you can probably guess, I'm not all that technically savvy, so please try to explain things with minumum technical terms xD

Thanks a lot!
    Portia

2. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Portia your game files are going to be in whatever hard drive you installed it to.
    In your case it should C/program files/Electronic Arts/Sims 3
    When you uninstall the game it will not remove the files from that folder (at least it didn't when I tried uninstalling once before) so you really need to go into that folder and remove them manually.
    You may want to uninstall it again and then go into that folder and delete it if it's still showing up.
    I'm pretty sure it doesn't install anything into your Downloads folder but you might want to back up your copy of your custom content in that folder.
    Welcome to the forums and you're correct people over at MATY are rather asinine at times.

3. DannysBear

DannysBear Bear of Scotland

It will be the mod you installed. Not Monkey Helper. Remove the mod and you should be fine.

4. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Awesomemod is saved in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages
    aweconf.package
    awesome.package
    \Hacks
    aweconf.package
    awesome.package

MATY is useful, they just don't like questions that have been asked before. MOAR lurking is required before posting compared to other sites.