Troubleshooting The Sims 3 Launch issue

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by Natalia, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Natalia

Natalia New Member

I have installed The Sims 3 on a laptop, which surpasses the requirements in everything but the CPU (which is 1.8GHz, but the requirement is 2.0GHz which I thought might slow it down, but shouldn't affect it too much, as I have played games on a wrong CPU before), and it installs fine, but when the disk Auto-plays it doesn't open the launcher for the game, as it should, it gives me Auto-play options (play in Windows Media player, open folder to view files etc...), and when I do press the icon to start it, the launcher takes a while (about 10 minutes) to load up fully and stops responding whenever I try to click anything, or just turns black with only the outline and Sims logo visible.
    The rest of the requirements are:
    RAM: 1GB (XP) 1.5 (Vista) - I have 2.9GB (Windows 7)
    Video Card: 128 MB Video Card, with support for Pixel Shader 2.0 - I have Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family (with 3D and Pixel Shader 4.0 and 1.3GB of video RAM)
    Free disk space: 6.1GB (plus 1GB for saves and custom content) - and I have about 22GB left.
    I was wondering if the problem could be with the actual OS, as I heard it's not compatible with Windows 7, but I tried changing the compatibility to Vista and XP and that didn't help at all.

The dxdiag is:
    ------------------
    System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 6/26/2011, 19:25:46
    Machine name: ALEX-PC
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110408-1631)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Acer
    System Model: Aspire 5332
    BIOS: InsydeH2O Version V2.05
    Processor: Celeron(R) Dual-Core CPU T3000 @ 1.80GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.8GHz
    Memory: 3072MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 3002MB RAM
    Page File: 1455MB used, 4546MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode