News The Sims 3 Revealed!

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by ManagerJosh, Mar 6, 2008.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

The Sims 3 Revealed!

The biggest change to The Sims 3 is that it takes place in a wide-open, constantly changing neighborhood -- a much bigger sandbox, if you will, and a much more complex simulation. The town and park you see on the cover image to the right (click to enlarge) exist in the same seamless space as your Sims' household, and what you do outside your home now matters as much as what you do within. (Yes, previous expansion packs added out-and-about activities, but they were always separate sub-games. Here, everything's completely integrated.) The game also sees a major shift in how Sims' motives are handled: Individual meters indicating bladder and sleep-deprivation levels are replaced by a new system of discrete moods, the aim being to get players off the treadmill of fulfilling primal eat-sleep-pee-repeat requirements so they can focus more on, well, going out on the brand new town.

Read More at 1Up.com!

2. Ruthie_Faye

Ruthie_Faye New Member

Wonder how much we'll have to up grade our computers for this game? Have they said anything about the specs needed for the game to run smoothly?

Ruthie

3. ManagerJosh

There's basically a news embargo right now until March 19th. Any news that's been released probably has been approved by EA's Public Relations people and they are probably watching all the major gaming and media sites to ensure not even a word is let out before it should be.

4. noodles1218

noodles1218 New Member

deng =/

i think it's kinda dumb how they won't just release info on the game. i mean no matter what day they give out details or announce things on all sims fans will still be on the edge of their seat awaiting the day it comes out... i hope that i t comes out on the day they say it will and not keep post poning it like they did with the sims 2..

-Nicole

5. ManagerJosh

Hi Nicole:

There is lots of information out there. However, we've been told that a lot more information will be made public on March 19th. That isn't such a long wait. It's only about a week away (depending on which time zone you are in at the time of this post).

I can tell you for sure that lots of major media companies have already extensively looked at The Sims 3, but they are all under agreements with EA to not discuss anything until March 19.

6. maria87

maria87 New Member

Oh, come on... I just spent all that money to buy the sims 2 and all the ep's and all the stuff packs less than a year ago and I was all thrilled and now the sims 3 will be out soon??? :cry: Anyways... I'm so exited!!!:hyper::hyper::hyper:

7. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Maria I would wait and see what's gonna happen in Sims3 first. It may very well be that your computer will not be able to handle the game for some unknown reason.
    Then again it could also be throwed back to an even later date than what they're saying. But from what I've seen I'm liking it also.

8. JohnEZ

JohnEZ The Mac Guy

Regarding upgrading computers...

Even after March 19, bear in mind that even after Maxis released the system specs for The Sims 2, they changed multiple times from the original estimation to the final release. So it's still impossible to say what kind of computer you'll need to run this game.

Suffice it to say, I don't think my desktop (of 2002 vintage) will be able to cut it no mo'. Time to buy an iMac and dual-boot...

-John

9. All they are going to do is update there graphics but still allow us to play the game on our current graphic cards, and then they are going to add a few new features like walking in towns, or create a new town, new walls, paints, and lots more new objects its still going to be like sims 2 but updated features and graphics so i don't think we will need to buy more stuff for our computers if we did EA will loose fans of the sims because with the market crash we cant afford all those extra stuff so i think EA games are going to be careful and make sure we can all play sims 3 on all os versions.

They would have to, the only thing we would have to buy is expansion packs for sims 3 like sims 1 and 2 i am sure they will throw in expansion packs because its more money for EA games no way they are giving up the expansion pack deal never.

10. fuzzy_ferret_luver

fuzzy_ferret_luver New Member

Looks cool, but I don't think I'll be getting it. I have a new(er) computer and my Sims 2 still doesn't run really fast. So I doubt Sims 3 will run much better!
    I wonder how much it will cost? TS2 cost $50 right? I can't really remember.

11. Judhudson

Judhudson is a Hi-Tech Redneck

More than likely it would still be $49.99 (US Dollars) as most new (full) PC games are along that price.

12. MurderScene.Doll

MurderScene.Doll Tamara </3

THAT CHEAP!?! when i bought pets it was $99 AUD (don't know how much in US:confused:) and that was an expansion pack, dam EB games they are taking my money!!!

13. ManagerJosh

99AUD is about 89USD.

14. MurderScene.Doll

MurderScene.Doll Tamara </3

thanks i was to lazy to convert it :D that and my twin sister was yanking out the internet connection.

15. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Was pets that version that you could buy with some computer mouse that had so pets design on it? Otherwise I don't know how they charged you so much. Wherever I buy EPs from they are always less than $50 AUD.

16. andrewmcdias

andrewmcdias SuperSimGuy

Awesomeness

The Sims 3 Seems Like Its Gonna Be Great Indeed the Only thing that bothers me is the System Requirements.another thing is there probally not gonna release info for awhile possibly because they want it private,want to suprize you,or really just dont have all the info at the moment.:D