The Sims Deluxe - Why I bought it - Why I like it!!

Discussion in 'The Sims 1' started by RentechD, Sep 18, 2002.

1. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I think if you DID uninstall and then install deluxe that would work... because I believe they are making it so that people who DON'T have the game yet can get that to get started, right?? So you wouldn't have to worry about having sold your original sims to your friend. :) At any rate, if you get it it should come with installation instructions!!

2. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Both Deluxe and Unlesshed ar scheduled to Sweden for oct. 3rd.
    That's what the gameshop got anyway. Probably similar for the rest of Europe.

Want it, want it, want it
    lol

3. Gib24

Gib24 New Member

ok cool because i went to get sims delux at the start of semptember at electronics boutiqe the game shop here that handles games and they didnt have it in yet so now when i get money in october i'll get it since its out it's a toss up between sims delux and wwe smackdown 4 but i hear smackdown 4 dont come out till the end of october so i'll get sd and then wait and see how much money i have left maybe get hotdate

4. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Better get your stuff installed in order. Otherwise you may have a problem..

1) The Sims
    2) Livin' Large
    3) House Party
    4) Hot Date
    5) Vacation
    6) Deluxe
    7) Unleashed

5. RentechD

RentechD New Member

Josh is correct. The installation instructions say that if you already own the expansion packs then you should have them installed first, then install Deluxe. You do not have to have all the expansion packs or even any expansion packs or The Sims to install Deluxe.

They suggest that if you own The Sims and get an expansion pack after you install Deluxe you uninstall in order of release (skipping LL since you will not need that once you install Deluxe).

If you never owned The Sims and started with Deluxe you can still install the expansion packs. When you go to run the game it will tell you it has recognized an Expansion pack install and must run an update on it - which it will do.

6. Gib24

Gib24 New Member

thanks rentechd thats what i wanted to know hehe but i liked all the other input too

7. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

so... if you just had deluxe and NOT the original release of sims, you would uninstall it and then install the expansion and then reinstall the game if you got an expansion? whew!!

8. ManagerJosh

uninstalling isn't needed in the case of deluxe. Just treat Deluxe as an "expansion pack".

9. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Better still to have all the other exp.packs installed (if you want them) and then install deluxe. I think so..

10. Wolf

Wolf New Member

in Germany, Sims Deluxe and Unleashed are both buyable on Oct.4th.
    So when I own both, should I first install Sims Deluxe and then Unleashed or vice versa? I have all expansion packs

11. ManagerJosh

In my personal opinion, I believe Deluxe should be installed first, primarily because in the US edition of Deluxe, there is an Unleashed Ad.

12. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Simmasters and Maxis recommends all exp packs first then Deluxe.That is if you have original sims and LL.

13. ManagerJosh

Who are we to challenge the SimMasters then :D

14. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Hehehe.
    Yeah. But it also has instructions in deluxe saying this.
    At least that 's what i've heard.:)

15. reniusa

reniusa New Member

Yeah.......its cool

At first I was so anti-Deluxe, but now I'm thinking of buying it. I'm really interested in the creator and thanks Rent for the info. I've gotten over my "Maxis is cheating us" with this one. I understand now it is a new package, not just a combo pack with some new stuff thrown in.

Now.....if I only had the money.

*checks couch cushions for spare change*

:p

16. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Yeah, I just showed Deluxe to my hubby and he moans, "I guess we have to get you THIS one too?" but it was teasing me kind of thing. :p Maybe I'll get it for Christmas.... :D

So... what's the opinion of the voices in your head Reni?? I'm going to go check out your site next....

17. reniusa

reniusa New Member

Hmm.....x-mas present, good idea.

I just might ask the hubby for the same thing, good idea...FaeLuna. ;)

Btw........the voices can never decide, they are always arguing. Usually it is about the quality of dryer lint......

<Nods head solemnly>

18. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

hmmm dryer lint... mmmkay.... :D Glad you like the ask for Christmas tactic. :) I'm just glad he didn't make me wait till Christmas for Unleashed!!

19. reniusa

reniusa New Member

Yeah, waiting for unleashed would have been awful. Originally I thought I was going to have to wait, because of money issuses. But I got a surprise check in the mail for about $140, which was enough to buy both Deluxe and Unleashed. But the hubby said no deluxe......he wanted to go golfing!! :( Well he does make all the money.........so hmmmm, lol, I guess he gets some say so in how we spend it. :D

20. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

But I HAVE to wait... buhu...

tiddelipom! ;)