The Sims1 - out of curiosity

Discussion in 'The Sims 1' started by PlayLives, May 3, 2006.

1. PlayLives

PlayLives Member

The Sims1 - out of curiosity

Okay, don't laugh.
    I'm curious about the Sims1 as I've never played it before or even seen it. I was thinking about purchasing the "Complete Collection" that comes with all 7 expansion packs for $38. I know this is a good price but is it worth it to buy out of curiosity? The Superstar, Unleashed and Vacation aspects are really intriguing to me and I want to see what all the love/hate is all about.
    Or should I leave well enough alone and not bother wondering about what once was? :rolleyes:

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

For me it would be like watching TV in black and white on my grandma's old round cornered TV compared after being used to hi-def widescreen LCD. No genetics, no growing up, no contest. Save the $38 for the next EP ;)

3. mEtAlHeAd

mEtAlHeAd O RLY??

Not worth getting,the sims 2 is like a big block of chocolate compared to a 5 sent lollypop lol.

Really even when ts1 came out,i still found is boring,but i still played coz im dedicated to Sim games lol:D :D :D :D

4. Gallagher

Gallagher New Member

Sims 1 - is still a very entertaining game.

It might not have "graphically enhanced" features...

What you will get out of the Original Sims, is a lot of entertainment. Mostly due to being able to get online and download new lots, people, sets, and even objects to test out in the game... is so worth the experience.

Fortunately, find a few webpage owners who have made up their own editing software to help create your own NPC's ( Non Player Characters ) and learn how you can alter the skins to design your own heads / clothes in the game. The Macintosh users don't really get a chance to be in total control as the P.C. users can.

Hacked items such as the "Fruit Smoothie" as an example, would help to keep your sim active for a bit longer. Other hacks by other designers help give Sims 1, a needed boost of interest and excitement.

Although on the final Expansion Pack, Makin' Magick - a child sim will learn the receipe to grow up into an Adult Sim. You do after all, and most importanly understand how relationships between Sim Characters are affected by the quality of Enviroment and Personalities.

Sims 1 - might lay the groundwork for anyone who've never thought about wanting to create their own things - to get their hands dirty.

The actual gameplay - is so rich with Sim Character Interaction, you might end up discovering a story or two - that reveals itself.

T. Gallagher

5. djrules5454

djrules5454 Wiivolutionary

I might suggest not reviving long-dead threads, as you have done several times today. It helps you make friends with the people at the top at this site!;)

6. butterflygnz

butterflygnz New Member

sims 1

i think you should buy the first one and enjoy it too.sims 2 is said to be much more addictive but i think you should see the first one too.i recommend it...:)

7. Odinmoon

Odinmoon Creator of organised mess

If you have a good computer. Dont waste time on the dead.
    I have played since sims began on pc and playstation. I would buy The sims 2 without doubt for PC.:D

8. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

Heed this dude's advise. It's pretty good. :winks:

This thread is pretty old and it's very likely that the person that started this thread, will never see either of your replies. Sad, I know, but you'll get over it. :classic:

9. Odinmoon

Odinmoon Creator of organised mess

Lol . what is a threads used by date?????:D

10. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

One hell of a kind. *LOL* :slaphappy: :silly: