TheSims 2

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by coAdminAndy, Jul 24, 2003.

1. coAdminAndy

coAdminAndy New Member

TheSims 2

Electronic Arts has revealed some official details on the next installment in the Sims series. Perhaps the biggest change for the Sims series in The Sims 2 will be the addition of DNA. The sims can now pass on characteristics to their offspring, which will resemble and look like their relatives. In addition, not only will sims grow old with age, but their physical characteristics will change depending on which activities they're undertaking. For example, a sim that sits on the couch and watches TV all day will develop a slight weight problem, while a sim that exercises will have a different appearance. New facial expressions and body gestures (as well as a full 3D engine) have also been added to help give the game an even more realistic look and feel.

Of course, players will still have to take care of their sims so that they can enjoy a long and prosperous life. The game will give players an indication of how well they're doing with the life score feature. In addition, the sims will have to go through important events in their lives such as a first crush, marriage, and even their first steps as a baby.

"The sims, themselves, always have been the most interesting part of the game experience for me. Giving them DNA makes them even more lifelike and increases the personal connection between players and their sims," said Will Wright, chief game designer at EA's Maxis Studio, "The strategy of playing sims across a lifetime and experiencing their emergent traits and behaviors will give players a deeper and more realistic experience."

Your Sims will be more lifelike, more responsive, and more complex than ever before. You'll be able to control your Sims over their entire lifetimes, taking them from their first steps to their golden years. Guide them through "Life's Big Moments" and build their "Life Score" with every decision you make. And since every Sim will have its own DNA, their appearance and personality will be passed down through the generations. Life in The Sims 2 will take on a whole different dimension with our entirely new 3-D engine. They also working on countless details to make your Sims' world more dynamic, such as new lighting, objects, and animations; more complex relationships; and powerful new customization controls in "Create-A-Sim."

2. simsamgrl16

simsamgrl16 New Member

yup cant wait 4 new screens on the game! hope next simday they'll have sumtin bout the sims 2

3. lilfaeriegirl078

lilfaeriegirl078 New Member

sim day rarely has anything for the sims 2 lol

4. simsamgrl16

simsamgrl16 New Member

i like a lil tension in my life

5. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

I'm still trying to figure out how to send pix. please bear w/ me

6. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Are you having trouble posting pics here? Just go to the Post Reply button instead of using this Post Quick Reply box and it will have the options for adding a picture. :D

7. simsamgrl16

simsamgrl16 New Member

thankz i'll make a stickie note of it lol