News [TheSims2.com] Download the Ford Fusion

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by ManagerJosh, Nov 2, 2007.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

[TheSims2.com] Download the Ford Fusion

Now your Sims can test drive the new Ford Fusion!:: Download Now!

More...

2. Devluvsdogs

Devluvsdogs Current Simmerr.

SWEET! Fun fun!

3. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Cautionary note. I've heard that this product overwrites the previous Ford offering: The Focus. :(

4. Leticron

Leticron New Member

I don't have nor do I want any of these cars...but if you're concerned about one overwriting the other..just check them in SimPE...in case both share the same GUID (the main reason for one object overwriting other ones)
    simply alter one and you should be all set (IIRC SimPE offers a method to generate a GUID based on the packet's HASH)

-le

5. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Good grief. I just checked and it's been removed. Doesn't Maxis have a single geek capable of tweaking a GUID before clocking off of a Friday?

This is just another reason why I won't be buying anything else from EA/Maxis on release. If we add together all example of this type of crap and shoddy quality control we arrive at the inexcapable conclusion that 9 times out of 10 they expect we the consumer to do their final beta testing for them.

I am now confident that I will not be buying Spore up front. I doubt I will even buy it ever. Remember that it will need online access to download other species for your creations to interact with. So turning off SeCraprom is going to be impossible.

Way to go, Will Wright. You have ripped heart of of the Golden Goose. :mad:

6. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Is that why I couldn't find it yesterday? Geeze!! You know, I downloaded a piano from a download site that over-writes the basic Maxis piano once. . . removed it from the download folder and the piano came back. My point is that I would expect something like this to come from a download site where an amature hobbiest has made a mistake with the GUID. . . but Maxis?? And I'm sure that Ford, being the sponsor for this little tie in, is not happy that the release of their newest Sim Car did not go well. They expect that their cars are driving around neighborhoods advertising Ford Fusions. If this happened where I work, my managers would have the responsible person's supervisor in their offices talking about accountability and documentation and making sure that everything was right before release because it was costing the company money! Someone's in trouble at Maxis when the boss comes in tomorrow morning, I'm sure.