Troubleshooting Thought I could get some help here, but no

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Jakethedane, Nov 23, 2007.

1. Jakethedane

Jakethedane Man of the world

Thought I could get some help here, but no

I posted a problem some days ago and got one response to it. Basically it recommended I did what I had planned to do, and as I suspected it didnt work.

My problem is, that the loading screen keeps jamming up/freezing. It always happens at the last of the seven boxes that loads. You know you have the text in the bottom and the music that indicates that the screen is loading, and then at the top of the screen there are seven boxes. It takes excactly the same amount of time to load, which for me indicates, that the problem is probably a scratch on the disc that I just cant see.

This, however, is not the reason for this post. Another member of the site had the same problem as me. I responded, because I thought it would show, that someone in here cared and maybe he and I could figure something out together.

Both of us searched the FAQ intenssly and I had to go back to 2004 to find a post that resembled mine slightly. I was recommended to update my graphics card and drivers, but it didnt do anything. Since then I have tried to get an answer to this problem, but because there is a FAQ, everyone is ust thinking: That idiot could just spend five minutes and find the answer him self. Well, no.

Not two computers are the same and not two problems have the same solution. I have not been playing the game for over a year, until I recently picked it up again. The site has undergone some work, there are a lot more features here and honestly, no one seems to care. Scroll down to see the amount of issues people have. Yes, most of them requires a look at the FAQ, but seriusly? Someone like me, who has absolutely no idea what a driver does, doesnt recieve the help I need. I am not sobbing or feeling sorry for my self, so stop wondering. I would just like people to start caring just a little bit. I paid good money for the game as you did, and if we cant help each other with minor issues, then what is the purpose of the site?

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Computers are like people Jake. Thousands of possible hardware combinations produces a variety of results. It even applies to computers built on the same assembly line. They maybe identical computers configuration wise, but they are totally unique machines and have their own individual personalities. I've witnessed that myself personally having designed two identical machines before using exact same parts for a client, and one was humming away smoothly while the other gave me an assortment of headaches and moaning/groaning/etc.

We're here to try to help Jake, but unfortunately there is a limit to our ability to help simply because we sooner or later will end up hitting a roadblock of sorts. I know its frustrating, but I do wish we were all tech geeks and can provide a comprehensive solution each time we get a thread requesting for help.

3. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Like I said in the other thread, 352 MB of RAM is woefully small.