Tips for Getting Sims Through College

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by surprised_by_witches, Feb 6, 2007.

1. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Tips for Getting Sims Through College

A lot of people, including me, find sims university boring, so here are some tips to liven it up:

1. Your grades don't matter. So stop worrying. Unless your sim is a knowledge sim they probably don't care, either.
    2. You can just go to class and do nothing else. I don't know if the game's glitchier because I have all the EP's, or what, but I couldn't get kicked out of college, and I tried! I had a sim I wanted to flunk out, and she graduated! She didn't have the requisite skill points, she never did a term paper, she never did an assignment. All she did was go to classes (hey, I had seven sims, so she kept sneaking off when I wasn't paying attention). She graduated with a C- average, but she still qualifies for all the college jobs. Your results may vary, but you can always recover from probation, so don't sweat it.
    3. Get the college timer thingy, by Pescado. Once your sims' grades are good enough for your purposes, choose Take Final Now. It makes it go much faster.
    4. Skill, study, etc., in medium speed. Slow down only for social stuff.
    5. It's fun to manipulate. Have someone else do your term papers. Schmooze, date, even woohoo your professors, and you'll be amazed at your good grades. I have a romance sim who had a 4.0 average without ever cracking a book. (Yes, he went to classes.)
    6. Join the secret society. It's fun to rip them off. Buy stuff when you're on their lot and put it in your inventory. While you're there, hack your grades.
    7. Start a greek house, or join one and move in. You'll never buy food again. You can "visit campus" for more free pizza than you'd ever want. (It doesn't work if you don't live on the greek house lot, at least not in my game ...)
    8. Play more than one sim at once. Less boring!
    9. Set yourself some goals, like make LTW before you graduate (that romance sim did: he's permaplat, and still quite young) or become BMOC (he did that too).
    10. Try to concentrate on the sim's life and not so much on the classes. I send my sims to college to find a mate. They date around a lot sometimes before finding Mr. or Ms. Right.
    11. Repeat after me: Cows and coaches are for vacuuming. Always have a skillsvac handy! I've terrified many a nosy parker that way.
    12. Got OFB? Give every sim on campus a makeover. You'll graduate with a beautician's badge, and the dormies will be so much nicer to look at!

Anyway, hope this helps! Above all, have fun!

Feel free to add your own tips! How do you get your sims through uni?

2. Lynet

Lynet New Member

LOL, these are great. I only recently discovered how much fun it was to vaccuum the cheerleaders, coaches, cows and llamas. Hysterical.

3. Chee-Z

Chee-Z The Go-Kart Mozart

Autonomous Casual Romance by TwoJeffs. I've had a few slapfights because some Sim made out with another Sim in front of his fiance. Makes things interesting when I have multiple Sims in a college rental property and there are still Sims that need to be studying (with the college timer and rampage from Pescado) before I send the whole lot to finals. It only takes 8 Sim days to get kids through college now! ^_^ Though warning: it's a bit steamy, even though everything is censored. I'm now going "Ugh get a room!" to my own Sims now. :cool:

4. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Hey guys...Thanks for the great tips! I've got the latest round of kids just getting ready for the college thing, so these will be most helpful!