Troubleshooting to update your drivers for your graphics card or to try to make directx work

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by astaregod, Sep 19, 2004.

1. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Glad to hear it!

2. FriskyKomodo

FriskyKomodo New Member

Cant run sims 2?

So i recently got sims 2, which i have wanted for a very long time and after i installed it and it says Failed to find a directx 9.0 compatible graphics adapter. and when i do the dxdiag in run its says i have directx 9.0 and through all the system requirements i seem to meet all of them. And i updated my drivers and reinstalled sims 2 it still does not work. Here my computer's information:
    Windows xp
    pentium 4
    directx 9.0
    Intel 82865g graphics controller
    2.80 GHz
    If u need additional information tell me, plz help.

3. swmeek

I don't believe the graphics chip is up to par is why you're getting the message.
    It's not powerful enough to play the game.

4. FriskyKomodo

FriskyKomodo New Member

still sims 2 problem

Ok, i did a check in canurunit.com and i seem to meet all the requirement except i need to enable direct 3d HELP

5. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Are you attempting to run Expansion Packs as well?

6. SimsAddict42877

SimsAddict42877 New Member

I'm Having Direct X Driver Isuues Too

I recently got a new video card because our computer came with an awful onboard video chip that was not handling the Sims 2 well and would not support Sims 3 when it was released. :shocked:

I have had it a month and the Sims 3 was running great...(Except for bugs that are totally game issues that I plan to call EA about :mad:) and I hadn't attempted to play the Sims 2 until today. I got the same error message as everyone elese. I downloaded and installed the dirver update and still no luck. :confused:

I can't find a way to get my computer specs. But this is what I know. My PC is a Compaq Presario SR5610F. It has an AMD Anthion X2 4800 Dual Core Processor and ther onboard graphics chip that came installed was a Nvidida GE Force 6100 SE. I bought a I bought a Nvidia E Force 9800 PCI Express Card because it was one of the cards listed that would work for Sims 3 (plus it was on sale which was great cuz it's an expensive card). :eek:

Can you please help me? My games have become very nice dust collectors on my shelf and I am really upset. :depressed:

7. swmeek

Did you make sure that he power supply in that Compac was powerful enough for that card?
    What you can do to post your specs is go to the start menu and in the search box type in dxdiag.
    Let it run a minute and in the bottom of the pane is save all information, click it and save it to your desktop.
    Now you can either attach it to your reply or copy and paste the contents of the text to your reply.
    Attaching it is the easiest way .
    The dxdiag will not show you what the power supply is rated for.
    Maybe you'll simply need to reinstall the latest Nvidia display driver for it in case the old one has gotten corrupted.