How Do I twin cheats?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by idigvolleyball5, Jul 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sims2

sims2 New Member

Hmm but when it has gotten bigger on me...its just let me type it in over and over again and has worked..without keep pressing the ctrl c and shift button..it just went bigger and bigger but helped because the box didnt suddenly go..then sometimes it will grr LOL!

2. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

If you want it to stay open when you first bring up the cheat box type "expand" type "expand" again and it will make it smaller again.

type exit if you want to close the cheat box.

3. Zman1764

Zman1764 New Member

the cheat code "forcetwins" works for me... To all who are saying cheats dont work. shut up. they do. forcetwins is the code.
    Or just make cheesecake under the serve dessert option of your fridge (you need alot of cooking skill for this).

4. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

Please don't be rude to other members. It's a video game. There are bound to be little glitches and errors in it that won't be in yours. It's not their fault that a cheat doesn't work.

5. jupitershana

That and that cheat and the cheescake option is only available if you have the Open for Business expansion pack.

6. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

And from everything I've heard, forcetwins is a myth.

Cheesecake, or a hack, is the only proven method that I know of.

Having had five sets of twins in one generation, however, I'm not too eager to sample the cheesecake anytime soon ... :rolleyes:

7. jupitershana

pssttt...that one is a real cheat for Open for Business. It's listed in the Prima Guide. You have to have the pregnant sim selected and type Forcetwins into the cheat window. It transforms the pregnancy into a twin birth.

A little off topic as I'm reading the prima guide here, one of the other Cheats that I didn't notice before is "AddneighbortoFamilycheat on/off" Apparently if you have this cheat activated you can shift click on any NPC (unless they are a maid/gardner engaged in their job, but once they are no longer working it works) and add them to the family. It says you can even add sims in excess of the family limit of 8. It does also state that it doesn't work with NPCs like the Grim Reaper or Mrs. Crumplebottom.

8. Zman1764

Zman1764 New Member

cheesecake raises the chances of your sim having twins to about 90 percent...

wow that cheat is really cool! so I can add the maid to my family? thats sweet!

9. jupitershana

Yeah, of course you can add the maid to your family without cheats as well if you're good enough friends with her or romantically involved.

This cheats just allows you to move her in without having a high daily score. By the way, this cheat will probably also work to move in those teens that you don't want to send to college. I would think they would age normally after moving them in, but they probably start off at the very beginning of the teen years! If you want to speed up the aging process get the Insiminator...I won't provide the link for that one, but do a google search for it and you'll find it. There is an option to select ages for the sims then.

10. WAZLIBisourking

WAZLIBisourking New Member

Okay, maybe I'm being too picky...I don't know if there's a way to make this happen or not. I've gotten twins tons of times, but I really want twin BOYS. I got twin girls probably at least 5 or 6 times, and I got boy/girl twins twice. Is there any way to choose the gender of twins before they're born?

All my twins were born with the "forcetwins" cheat.

I tried typing in "forcetwins boys". It didn't have the invalid cheat code response, but it didn't work. My sim ended up having a girl. (no twins at all)

11. jupitershana

unfortunately no, there is no way to choose the gender of the babies...as of right now, maybe Maxis will include that as a fix later?

Anyway, save the game right before your sim goes into labor. If she has twin girls or one of each, exit to the neighborhood and don't save the game. Go back into the house and keep trying till you get twin boys. I've done this before if I needed a family to have a boy/girl for a storyline I was creating and they had the opposite gender. It's not a cheat, it's just not saving. The gender of sim babies are not decided until birth.

12. danom8

danom8 New Member

Okay you can force twins to be born just do the following:
    type ctrl, shift and c
    type: "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true" and press ENTER
    then go to your pregnant sim hold shift and click on them, you should see an option Force Twins, it works, I do it all the time!!

13. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

This type of thing only works if you have the right EPs. Until OFB came out, there were *no* cheats that worked (not even with boolprop) to make twins occur.

After OFB there was finally a real "food" way of causing twins (cheesecake) as well as a simple cheat: force twins (without the boolprop part) done while the pregnant woman in question was selected.

14. schwagster

schwagster New Member

Hire a nanny. She takes care of the kids and cleans the house. It will help alot.;)

15. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

If you only have the preOFB game/EPs, then nothing you do will increase the likelihood of twins. (See my previous post in this thread.)

However, if you have OFB then you can increase the likelihood of twins in one of two ways: use the cheat Forcetwins while you have a pregnant Sim selected or have your pregnant Sim eat the newly available cheesecake.

The Forcetwins cheat always causes twins, but the cheesecake just increases the odds of having twins. But you have to have at least the OFB EP to be able to use these.

16. sims_lover22

sims_lover22 New Member

?

hey i have tried some twins cheats to and only one 2 have worked so far but they werent consistant. one of them is to get your sims to have to lovers and when she is pregnant to whoohoo with the other sims she didnt get pregnant with. another one was u bring up the cheat box and type forcetwins its and ivalid cheats but its worked for me lol:D

17. sims_lover22

sims_lover22 New Member

try this

You could always make the babies all selectable then use the cheat testingcheatsenabled true then hold down shift and hit make selectable then do it again and then they are selcetabled then whenever something i down all u have to do is drag it up

18. joeySimzee

joeySimzee Hysterical Kangaroo

There's another way to have twins without OFB. There's a hack you can download somewhere (I don't remember where, LOL) which allows you to control the birth odds .. so you can adjust them and let your sims have twins, triplets and even quadruplets :D You just have to dig it up yourself - I'll look around a little for you too, if you want :)

19. skizicks

skizicks New Member

this is how i did it

I don't know if anyone had posted this or not, but when I open my cheat box and I want my sim to have twins I type in "Forcetwins" (becareful how you type most cheats are case and space sensative). I have used it a few times and it worked just fine. I have also heard that is you feed your sim cheese cake while pregnate (should only had to do it once or twice) that in increases her chances of having twins, I have tried this too and it worked.:knockedout:

20. Xela

Xela New Member

So, I think what we've established is that there is no cheat to get twins without some kind of a mod UNLESS you have Open for Business-- THEN you can do the whole cheesecake/forcetwins thing. With the base game or any other expansions, you'll need to download something.

Sorry, but the thread seems to be going around in circles. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.