u can drive in the sims 2

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by simsamgrl16, Jul 28, 2003.

1. FinalFantasy4ever

FinalFantasy4ever Oh where in the world...

yeah it sure seems to

2. katrina

katrina New Member

I'm sure if Maxis was going to introduce something as big as being able to drive cars they would have mentioned it by now, that's a pretty major thing. Dance together certainly makes more sense to me.

(I've given up asking if anyone can tell how how to change my signature)

3. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

Some things I've read suggest that s2 will go to stores for specialty items. Do you think they will walk, drive or take a taxi?

4. katrina

katrina New Member

I think it will probably be like Old Town. Some kind of bus or tram. But that's just my guess

5. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I think it would be fun for them to walk and then come home carrying a bag of groceries... but since all the other versions of the game have had something pick them up that's what I'm expecting to happen in this one. I just don't know if it will be like a bus or a trolley or taxi or what.

6. katrina

katrina New Member

That would be cool. They'll probably have that by the sims4. Will Wright said in an interview he'd like to be able to control a whole neighbourhood at once. So I think, in a few versions later, when our computers are all faster and and better, they'll probably be able to do that and then you'll be able to walk places and maybe even drive cars. That's just what I imagine happening. I hope they at least have a bus though. Who ever actually rides in trams nowadays?

7. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Sims 4!!!??? :eek: Wow THAT is thinking ahead! The thing about controlling the whole neighborhood at once makes me think of the cancelled simsville... maybe it will actually get made someday after all, just in a different way -3D! ;)

8. lilfaeriegirl078

lilfaeriegirl078 New Member

maybe we should focus our attention back to the sims 2.... heck it aint even out yet and yall are tlaking about a 4th?!!? kerazzzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeyyyyyyyyy

9. katrina

katrina New Member

what is simsville?

10. suitemichelle

If I remember right it's a cross between sims and sim city. The idea was scrapped because of lack of interest? Lew, Fae, Josh? Am I way off base?

11. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

That's what I heard in the TheSims' chat about Simsville. A few people were saying Maxis thought it wasn't that fun or something and there wasn't that many people overly interested in it.
    I could be wrong. :-/

ADDED: As for the driving part of The Sims 2 I also think that Maxis most likely would have announced it seeing as how many people seem interested in a feature such as that one.

12. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

yeah I think that's a good description of simsville suitemichelle :) The little promo movie they had for it on one of my other sims expansions showed a little neighborhood and people walking around and I think firetrucks... I think maybe the later expansion packs that had places to go like Downtown for Hot Date and then later adding more neighborhood in Unleashed might have come from changing their focus from working on Simsville to working the ideas for it into expansion packs instead, if that makes sense. :)

13. lilfaeriegirl078

lilfaeriegirl078 New Member

i really wanted simsville! it look so much better than simtown.... but now i have sims 2 to fawn over *sigh*

14. katrina

katrina New Member

hmmm... yeah I can see how that might be harder to get interest in. What would be the point in it? I mean with the sims you feel close to your sims and get attached to them and it's like a real close up thing, and with simcity it's like a real far off view where you get to play a world leader or God or something. I don't see the attraction in playing inbetween that, it would be like dealing with mundane tasks without being able to feel close to your sims. Am I way off there? Why did you guys want it?

15. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I guess I wanted it, or at least wanted to know more about it, because it looked like I might be able to take my sims families into other neighboring houses to visit each other at home. :p And walk down the street, to the grocery store, etc. I didn't really get that it might have a lot less personal control/involvement in individual sims lives, but if that was the case I can see why there might not be that much attraction to it.

16. katrina

katrina New Member

I bet sims would have been able to drive in that one... :)

17. amethyst_88

amethyst_88 New Member

hehe i just noticed from that pic that there's a mat for the door that matches the rug :)

18. bobandbob

bobandbob Guest

i couldn't read what it said i could only make out hug and damce together *sob*

19. TheFuzeMan

TheFuzeMan New Member

20. suitemichelle

Very interesting. According to this I will need a new graphics card. I wonder if I will be able to convince my hubby?

Congratulations on your first post and Welcome to WSF.
    It might be better posted in Game Information and News, tho.