Spore Underwater Civilizations?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by ProtoSpore, Mar 31, 2005.

1. ProtoSpore

ProtoSpore New Member

Underwater Civilizations?

Just reading some of the information so far, it appears that 'fire' is a key to creating a civilization (or at least the early stage of one). Does this mean that we won't be able to creat an underwater civilization? I'm all about making an entire society of sea creatures if possible.

Off to go looking for more info. Thanks for the site :)

ProtoSpore

2. ConradSims2

ConradSims2 New Member

A Good question, we will have to get HEAT to answer, or remember to ask at the 1st chat event.

3. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

Obviously, there are things that i don't know...lol...i may know a little bit more than you guys, but i still don't know alot about it...

I heard that Will Mentioned that you'll have to go through land in some stage of the game....I still don't know if that means that you cannot create Sea-Based creatures....but iv'e seen some screenshots of underwater cities...so this is indeed a good question...

Based on what info? can you please quote?

Hope i helped :smile:

Heat

4. ProtoSpore

ProtoSpore New Member

Hmmm, I looked at a lot of stuff yesterday, I'm not sure exactly where I got it from. I think maybe the gamespy interview; I recall something about needing a fire to move into 'village' mode (not sure of the exact title they give that section).

I also later on read a thread at another website (gamesteve or something like that I think) that made it sound as if you had to have 'land dwelling' beings to make them sencient. Keeping my finger crossed.

ProtoSpore

BTW I don't think I've been this excited about a game ever. Usually I don't start desiring games until a month before they are due out :D

5. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

I never heard about certain Fire importance, but it may be possible..

Heat

6. XPDude

XPDude New Member

Hopefully it's true, cause underwater civilisations sound really cool.

7. ProtoSpore

ProtoSpore New Member

I like your theory, it makes sense. All though everything is conjecture now, it's fun to guess!

ProtoSpore

8. imb1987

imb1987 New Member

This is a game so maybe you won't need to have fire involved in your civilization, maybe there will be something else.........

9. Sash

Sash New Member

GamingSteve mentions that fire is a key aspect of the game.

But if you remember GameSpy's article, you can plop down an entire city using the UFO, on a planet without an atmosphere, and the city will be enclosed in a dome. Maybe this is what will happen underwater. There'll be an enclosed dome in which your creatures live, and maybe they'll somehow find fire in there.

I have to agree with what that Guest said. If your creature does not find fire, because they live underwater (assuming the above theory is wrong), then maybe they just won't have the knowledge of species which have found fire.

Then again, if you fight underwater, fire's not going to be much use, is it? And then the underwater creatures will have the advantage...

10. OverlordBill

OverlordBill New Member

Spongebob had a fire underwater. I see no problem here.

(Really. If there's a way of doing it, it'll probably be done. Just don't expect any genius story holding together all of the underwater technology.)

11. XPDude

XPDude New Member

But then again, marine creatures should have a weakness towards fire ... or it will be unfair.

12. Sapphire

Sapphire New Member

yeah...they sound really awesome :smile:

13. Dumdadum

Dumdadum New Member

Yea, I agree. It sounds so cool, I hope we'll be able to have them. :spin:

14. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

Are you sure that's underwater one? :rolleyes:

Heat

15. Sash

Sash New Member

Soz, that's a land one. It's just the quality of the picture makes it look blue.

16. Aphid

Aphid New Member

But... there are bubbles...

17. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

I don't see bubbles.... :confused:

Heat

18. OverlordBill

OverlordBill New Member

Those aren't bubbles. They're just parts of the buildings.

19. Aphid

Aphid New Member

[​IMG]

Bubbles :smile:

20. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

I'm not sure about the other ones, but that thing in the middle is the mouse cursor :laughing2:

Heat