Troubleshooting Uninstalling Custom Content Issues

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by Jerk, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Jerk

Jerk New Member

Uninstalling Custom Content Issues

Hello,

I signed up specifically in hopes to get some answers to my issue.
    I have an abundance of custom content installed, and it had been causing my game to lag so I decided to uninstall it. However everytime I try to remove an item through the launcher, I get this:

service initialization failed (ox6224dd27)

Any ideas?

2. Nyx

Nyx The Ever-Knowing

That happened to some people when installing/deleting their cc's trough the launcher. Try going directly to the downloads folder and removing them from there.

3. Jerk

Jerk New Member

I probably should have mentioned that I've tried that, and the cc is still showing up in the launcher.

4. Nyx

Nyx The Ever-Knowing

Does it still show up in the game? When I deleted all my cc's that way, it does show up in the launcher but not in the game.
    Also, any mods installed? Some of my cc's conflicted with the mods and caused the same error.

Other than that I suggest searching on the sims 3 forum or google for a solution, since I have not tried any other method myself.
    Here's one I found from the sims 3 forum http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/126336.page