Unleashed It out!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Bryan, Sep 24, 2002.

1. xanthist

xanthist New Member

Ok, a bit confused with all of this jumping around off topic but I can live with it.

First of all, I got my copy of Unleashed about a Moth ago. You have to go to a store and buy a pet unless its a parrot (by the way, parrots die really easily so you have to remember to keep feeding them).
    There is a choice of about 10 kinds of Cats and Dogs that you can buy (dont quote me on the numbers cuz Im not exactly sure) One of the colours is a kind of grey blue so I guess you could call it blue.
    You get a couple of new places that you can go to, the Pet store (of course) Old down town, a market garden and a few other community areas. One of which you can show off your pets in competitions if you want to.
    You have to train your pets, if you decide to plant crops you have to have cats so that they will kill gophers.
    If you leave your pets food outside everyone elses pets come over and eat it and roam all over your house.
    Your pet cant get upstairs unless you have a stair case. There are new spiral staircases in the new game.
    You have to play with you pets HEAPS and teach them tricks. You can also take them to the pet store and get a trainer to train them for you.
    Puppies/dogs pee all over the floor and cats will too if you dont get a litter box and clean it regularly.
    Ok, cant think of any thing else right now. Ill come back to it later if any one wants to know any thing.

I live in Australia (a City called Geelong which is about an hours drive outside of Melbourne).
    I was born in England and traveled to Germany many times with my family because my Mother was born there. My father is Polish.
    I have an Irish husband and we have two teenage daughters. (Dont even think about hitting me with any old lady jokes, I was a child bride.) **tries to look menacing but fails miserably!**

:)

2. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Lol Xanthist.
    I have a daughter that is older than many of the people here, and I was not a childs bride. :classic:

3. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

Xanthist: I always thought that Australia was very cosmopolitan. I can't place Geelong. I know that Sydney is on the bottom right hand bit (south-west), whereas Perth is at the other end - (south-east) - but Geelong?
    Is Geelong a big city, or a small one? Is it surrounded by scrub land? Is it full of snakes (Tiger snakes in Perth?)?
    I believe that there are none in Sweden and none to speak of here in England, but I expect you know that.

4. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

We do have snakes in Sweden. One venomous and one nonvenomous. Within them there are a couple of different types. The one with venom is related to the rattlesnake actually. All snakes are under protection here. It's not that dangerous unless you're allergic. And they don't get very big either. :classic:
    There is something special about snakes..... :classic:

5. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

That was very interesting, Nina. I would have thought that Sweden was too cold for reptiles. We have a viper (or adder) that is poisonous and can kill small children and small dogs if they are not given the anti-venom fairly quickly. It doesn't attack unless it is stood on, which is hard to do because it knows you are coming from several 'blocks' away. I have seen two, both in Pembrokeshire, Wales. Neither attempted to attack me. One just looked at me and I looked at it and it eventually went away into the gorse.

6. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Yes. Viper is the common name Philip. Actually they go into hybernation wintertime in holes. And the viper here is most likely very closely related to the one in UK. You do need antivenom if bitten. But to compared to other snakes it's not that dangerous. It's behaviour is the same as yours. Normal carfulness and high boots on in the terrain - your safe even if you step on it.
    This one is in 2 different colours. The most common is a greyishbrown with a black zig-zag band on its back. The other one is just plain black. But they aren't common at all anymore. :classic:

7. Bryan

Bryan Member

hmm...