SimCity 4 Update Patches Do Not Work

Discussion in 'SimCity Legacy' started by rallyin, Mar 6, 2009.

1. rallyin

rallyin New Member

Update Patches Do Not Work

I have recently bought a copy of Sim City 4 Deluxe, and I am having a problem with the update/patch which you download from the sim city 4 / EA website. All files update normally except two simcity.dat files which i have pasted in below from the patchlog:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PATCH Version 6.50 - RTPatch(R) Professional - Software Update System

DOS/16-bit Windows/32-bit Windows Edition

(C) Copyright Pocket Soft, Inc., 1991-2002. All Rights Reserved.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Applying MODIFY File Patch for 'SimCity_1.dat'

warning wpt0036: Old File not found. However, a file of the same name was found. No update done since file contents do not match.

Applying MODIFY File Patch for 'SimCity_2.dat'

warning wpt0036: Old File not found. However, a file of the same name was found. No update done since file contents do not match.

Has anyone else had this problem before? I am in Australia, i bought the game new instore but I guess it could have been an import, I don't know if this would make a difference. I have a pentium core 2 duo 2 gb ram win xp multiple hard drives pleanty of space on the hard drive for the game but windows is on a different drive. If anyone need any more info or can offer a solution I would be greatly appreciative. Thank you!

2. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Reading this page have you checked to see what version or bytes the file is? If it's a new copy it may already have the update applied on the disk.