Troubleshooting Updates?? HELP PLEASE!!

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by Soccershooter7, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Soccershooter7

Soccershooter7 New Member

Updates?? HELP PLEASE!!

When i click to open the sims 3 launcher to play it says i cant because its not compatible or something and it needs an update. but when i click ok it freezes and the launcher just sits there and i can not clikc updates or anything. then it wont even close or anything. how can i fix it? is there another way to get the update so it runs? please help me!!!!!

2. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

You can bypass the EADM crap program if you want to by just downloading the patches from www.simprograms.com
    Look at the top of the page and you will see a tab marked Sims 3 , click it and you will see patches and you can download them from there.
    Sounds to me like your firewall or anti-virus program is stopping you but then I've heard quite a few complaints about not being able to download or install patches from the launcher.
    I would suggest you uninstall the EADM program as you can do it's job manually by going there and downloading the patches yourself.