USA, Posible War

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by timz2rules, Sep 23, 2002.

1. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

The first part is very true Tim.
    *listening to "I cry for you/Saved by the bells"*

I don't fear death. But what makes me sad is to see all people that suffers. And especially my friends being sad and worried about so serious matters as this is. :cry:
    I want you to be happy.. to live a life without fear ... to live a life with no other worries than daily small stuff.

2. Jake

Jake New Member

only the ignorant live like that nina.. only the ignorant. i think that is prolly where the saying "ignorance is bliss" came from. unfortunately, some people are part ignorant and part educated. that can be a bad mix as it can result in some understanding, but not complete. thus the person is confused and more afraid of what they dont fully know. I'm not saying every ignorant person lives in bliss, and every person that is ignorant yet educated is living in terror or anything. this is just a generalization. although i did just think of a joke, funny how the brain works, eh?. I think that for the most part, the people that have been talkin in this thread have been mostly educated, and not so much ignorant.

3. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

so let's change it to this.....

Education is Bliss :D

4. Jake

Jake New Member

no no no...
    Knowledge is power/bliss :D :)

5. ManagerJosh

and strength :D

6. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Jake, what I mean is that I wish you COULD live a life like that. Not that you are or should as this planet really are in jeopardy.

But it's also true that knowledge is power and strenght. But only as long as you can use it to influence with. And then you have to realize that your influences can be of blessing or hurt others. So you must be willing to accept the full responsibility that comes with that power - and it's here the leaders of today fails. They're using their powers and is making impacts on other peoples lifes - but they doesn't take the responsibility for it. And that's dangerous.

7. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Here's a saying, made FAMOUS by comic books: :D

"With Great Power, comes Great Responsibility"

It's one of my favorites.

8. ManagerJosh

Spiderman :) :classic:

Saw the movie that's why I know :p

9. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

The statement is true - or should be anyway. :)

10. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

heh yeah, Spiderman made it the BIG saying, but it was the theme in a LOT of Stan Lee's comic books, he's the one who basically MADE Marvel comics and Spiderman was part of that. It's in Daredevil and X-Men as a theme too. I can't wait till the Daredevil movie comes out.... sigh.

11. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

I'm afraid I'm not that familiar with them although the mags are here in Seden too - translated of course.
    But a true statement never looses on being told over and over again. :)

12. timz2rules

timz2rules New Member

Marvel commics! woo! Spawn! alright, sorry...
    anyhoo heres another quote for you...
    "men willingly belive what they wish" -Julius Caeser

13. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

True too... :classic:

14. ManagerJosh

Vedi, Veni, Veci - Caesar

15. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

errr.... Is Spawn with Marvel comics now??!!!! They used to be an independent!! ak!!! When did that change???!!!

16. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

"What you're doing today, gives it's result tomorrow*

(Hard to translate.. but.. )

17. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

What happened to the sayings thread? Shouldn't this be in there instead of "USA Possible War"??!! :)

18. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

You're right about that Fae. On the other hand. I don't think I have so much more to say in this subject. Does anyone else? Well. Let's wait and find out.

19. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

*clicks uselessly around the bottom right corner of her screen where the option to close thread should be....* sigh

20. Jake

Jake New Member

I heard that from a friend once, forgot it til now tho. I think it means I can, I saw, I conqoured. but i'm not sure.