Variables for best friend/enemy/loves?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by schlottjl, Feb 15, 2005.

1. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

False. This is purely myth. In the stock code, there are REFERENCES to this, but all of these have been stubbed out and replaced with 0x32. I'd know: I've been working on a mod targetting this exact field, and as it turns out, there is zero sim attraction code. Sexual orientation doesn't matter. Fitness or fatness is irrelevant. Mule-like donkey features are irrelevant. Clothes or lack thereof are irrelevant. Nothing affects the innate sim attraction scores. Nothing. Not even zodiac.

What people are observing when they think that some sims are "instantly popular" is a confluence of personality effects: Some personalities are more inclined to attempt easily accepted social interactions, and not attempt interactions that immediately produce negative effects. Combined with other personalities, this can produce a synergistic effect in socialization that results in more +signs floating. Zodiac compatibility, however, has little to do with this beyond the fact that zodiac signs often indicate a compatible set of interests in CAS sims, which results in fewer bad conversations initially.

Basically, in the standard, unmodded game, there is zero attraction code whatsoever. The "Attraction" response from other sims is purely in response to a "Me So Sexy" emitter(that is its actual name) which Romance sims produce, that Sims with the appropriate sexual orientation will respond to. This should not be mistaken for an actual attraction bonus of any kind, nor should it be interpreted as a belief that sims have any real preference or repulsion towards various genders: The sexual orientation variables have no effect on the outcome of interactions. Sim attraction code and acceptance of romantic interactions is strictly determined by relationship and current mood. Nothing else matters. All claims to the contrary are completely false, and utterly unsubstantiated by an extensive code probe.

2. Flameangel

Flameangel New Member

:eek: Whoa. OK, That is good to know. I was gonna waste my time getting matching zodiac sighns. etc.....

3. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Ah yes, Flamey (I do hope that you appreciate that being called Flamey is a compliment ;) ... ) the dear old crusty burgher: That Great Fish Meister, J M Pescado, can always be relied on to come up with the definitive insights into the game's mechanics. It is why he is such a hot and prolific churner-out of ace game mods.

4. Flameangel

Flameangel New Member

LoL, yes J.M Pescado always has the technical answers noone can make heads or tails of, LOL. I'm ok with being called flamey. Tis my middle name LOL:D

5. Angelyne

Angelyne New Member

Once again JM shines a flaslight in the darkness that is TS2 :D

That makes me wonder however ..... could attraction be modded ???

6. Flameangel

Flameangel New Member

LOL. Do you really wanna waste half your sims life trying to find another sim same look level?! It would take forever! I prefer it WITHOUT attractions.

7. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

Yes. And I happen to be doing so as a side project.

8. schlottjl

schlottjl New Member

friend enemy etc

I got the book ( Prima's Official Game Guide) and it is great! I got the book at Barnes and Noble while I was out the other day. (Jacket says $19.99 US/ $29.95Can/ UK 12.99)

But you all have been just as helpful. It interesting hearing the different experiences and impressions others have.

It is also good to remind myself that this is a simulation. Just a simulation.... onder:

Now I have much to keep myself busy while we wait for J.M.'s attraction mod! Woo hoo (Pun not necessarily intended :p (If you sell or give those out to the public anyway. No Pressure ;) If you do, do you peddle via this site or another? Anyone know?)

9. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

10. Angelyne

Angelyne New Member

If they aren't all there I want to know, because I collect them! No seriously JMP's mods are definitively my favorite. Lots of people have written incredible mods that do amazing things. And that's why I don't use them lol. Lots or hacks out there essentially consist of super cheats; they fundamentally change game play. JMP just fixes what needs fixing but without making TS2 a different game. Now that I have them, I don't think I could play this game without his hacks.

11. Angelyne

Angelyne New Member

So don't hold out on us. What are you planning?? It sounds pretty intriguing. I'd love to have attraction in the game. LOL, I thought it WAS in the game till you destroyed that particular illusion :D

I would love it if my simmies would throw a wrench in my well-laid plans, by falling in love with the wrong guy. It would add a whole new level of realism if the Sims had more definite tastes and preferences.

12. schlottjl

schlottjl New Member

Oh- good to know. I prefer the tweaking mods to the Over done mods. I amd off to check out the web site now!

thanks again!