Troubleshooting Video Graphics Card...

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by afropower234, Dec 5, 2003.

1. afropower234

afropower234 Truly Ancient

Video Graphics Card...

Josh in this link: http://thesims2.ea.com/about_system_specs.php
    it says that i need a nvidia GeForce 2 or better or ATI Radeon 7000 and on my comp. i have a Intel Extreme Graphics AGP. I have more than the amount of required memory on my hardrive and RAM and SC4 plays fine on it. Will Sims2 play fine on it too or will i have to by a new video cardtridge? What do u think?

2. Vchat20

Vchat20 New Member

if sc4 plays fine i dont see the problem. as long as you have anything above 2GHZ with that intel graphics, you should be good to go. a better graphics card is recommended, but you should be fine without.

3. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

What are your other specs? eg: CPU/Memory/etc.

4. afropower234

I have 40GB memory, Intel Celeron Processor, 2GHz Intel Graphics and I operate on a 1 year old Windows XP. (I plan to wipe my harddrive clean before I install the game so it will move as fast as possible.

5. Vchat20

Vchat20 New Member

umm. no. you got a 40GB hard drive and 2GHZ proccessor. from the sounds of it you got what ive got. is yours a gateway? if it is what ive got i can post complete specs.

2GHZ Celeron
    256MB PC2100DDR RAM
    40GB HD
    64MB shared memory intel graphics

those are pretty much the required specs for a game.

6. afropower234

Exact match!

7. BabyaSim

BabyaSim New Member

I also have Intel Extreme Graphics (my one is the 82845G)-it runs Simcity 4 and Simcity 4:Rush Hour OK-0-it should be OK with The Sims 2 (I have a Pentium 2.4GHz)

8. Vchat20

Vchat20 New Member

yeah. same here. my advice would be is if your computer runs Scimcity 4 well, you should not have any thing to worry about with ts2 unless you plan to make insanely large mansions decked out with every gadget imagineable.

9. afropower234

I got my computer upgraded with more than 64MB video memory (Not sure) and a very advanced card. Like a NVIDIA GeForce or something. It runs rush hour so fast I almost get whiplash watching it!!