SimCity 4 Vista

Discussion in 'SimCity Legacy' started by kudou, Sep 5, 2007.

1. kudou

kudou New Member

Vista

Is Simcity 4 Deluxe Edition compatible with Microsoft Vista?

2. nemmy

nemmy New Member

yes it is. ive installed it on my laptop (vista) and it runs beautifully

3. Judhudson

Judhudson is a Hi-Tech Redneck

Same here, works like a charm :)

4. sykodelik

sykodelik New Member

i have a problem when scrolling around with the right-click making my smokestacks have black square-ish blobs through them and any type of zoning tool active makes whatever tile it's on have the same effect in red for example with the bulldozer in completely clear flat land...i've tried changing the compatability to XP and every visual option in-game but nothing is working...what should i do?!? :confused:

5. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Did you install any mods?

6. sykodelik

sykodelik New Member

i have installed mods...but they are the same ones i had on my laptop which ran on XP and there was no problem like the one i'm currently having...

7. sykodelik

sykodelik New Member

i hate double posting but i just remembered now that i did add a few new-to-me mods to the small collection i have right now...any idea which ones could possibly cause this error?

8. sykodelik

sykodelik New Member

now i'm triple posting (sorry) but i think i figured it out...i went through and changed every individual video setting and found out that there's no problem when it's on software for renderer but if i use hardware (which makes the game look 10x better) then i that's when i have my issue...but how can i correct it without running the game using software rendering?

9. da_maya22

da_maya22 New Member

You bet, I'm using Simcity4 w/ Vista right now!