Walking down the aisle

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by jupitershana, Sep 13, 2007.

1. alliekat

alliekat Insert quirky comment

Worn out!! Am currently cleaning house for the party, and I mean cleaning. It's a long weekend in good old Melbourne this weekend and I'm wasting it on housework :eek:!!
    Other than that I'm doing ok. Ash just went and organised all of the food he had to order, I still have to go and get ties, but I think that is it. Plus do some extra nibbles from the shop, chips, lollies, etc. I really probably should take my dress in to be taken up too. Must get on that.
    So far, the weather says mainly fine and 24C (75F I think). Then again it is Melbourne, the city of 4 seasons in 1 day :rolleyes:. We'll be fine with anything but wind I think.

Only 5 days? I think we'll be good.

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Allie....

POST PARTY PICTURES!!!!!!!

3. alliekat

Lol, what was that Josh, I didn't quite hear you!

4. ManagerJosh

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::hissyfit::hissyfit::hissyfit::hissyfit:

5. Devluvsdogs

Devluvsdogs Current Simmerr.

hope you have a great and fun engagement party!! :D

6. alliekat

Well, the house is clean finally! It only took 3 days lol :eek:. Everything is clean though, windows, curtains, skirting boards etc. It's nice having a clean house. Even the dog is clean :D.
    Ash suggested we move to a hotel until Saturday so it'll stay that way. I'm thinking it's not such a bad idea.

3 days people! Hey would you look at that, the nerves just kicked in :nervous:.

7. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

2 days now!!! I bet you can't wait till Saturday! I'm so excited for you Allie!

I second the idea of going to a hotel. Give yourself a nice break from home before you get married!

8. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

OMG TWO DAYS!!!!!!!! I can't imagine how excited, nervous, worn out and happy you must be. Have a wonderful time, Allie!! It's going to be great.

And I agree with Josh, post pictures! Or you're prolly going to have a horde after you with Josh and Muffin in the lead. :rolleyes: :eek:

9. jupitershana

I'm fighting for first place in that race too...watch out Josh and Muffin.... :cool:

10. alliekat

Now now now behave yourselves or I'll have to get out the fire hose :D.

I'll post photos I promise, but it may not be til late Sunday. Give me some time to relax I think.

11. jupitershana

I'll excuse that. ;) It will probably be over a week before I'll have pictures to show from our wedding since we're leaving on our honeymoon the next day and won't have access to get to the computer first! So I guess a day will be okay!

and also...................

1 day left!!!!

:D

12. jupitershana

Two months left! Things are getting closer. A Warning: this is going to be a long post.

Right now I'm attempting to find a new location for us to shoot the professional pictures indoors as our other location is no longer going to work as they've implemented a policy that only the Bride and Groom can have their pictures taken there and for no longer than 30 minutes...what's up with that... So I'm hunting for new locations and There is one indoor park that we can do it at but I think we have to pay $75.00/hour just to take pictures there. I have to call on that tomorrow.

Our centerpieces are coming along. We're doing iced branches and we just started "icing" them the other day. If you're interested in what that looks like click on the picture for the slide show; from the start to what it looks like finished.

[​IMG]

Premarital counseling is still going fine and honestly I think our relationship has grown 200% better since starting it. I'm now a BIG supporter of pre-marital counseling. Our minister is slightly odd (75 year old gentleman) who sometimes is a tad forgetful, but we're confident he'll do a great job.

Almost fitting into the dress, for those who remember I had about 4 inches to go...just about 1 more inch until it fits. 1/2 an inch and hopefully it can be taken in. I'm down 53lbs overall!

Cake has been ordered: buttercream frosting, top layer is chocolate with chocolate icing, middle is marble with a chocolate moose, bottom is white with lemon filling, sheet cake is chocolate with mint moose...all to die for!

Invites will be sent out in about 3 weeks time; we're going to put them in the mailbox the same day as the bridal shower which is December 9th. I still have to get those all printed up, although the invite itself is made, just not the printed part.

Our guestbook has been ordered and arrived with the pictures of our engagement photo shoot in it...love it!

All dresses have been ordered and should be arriving soon. Flowers are all made. Cute story about one of our flower girls: Meaghan is kind of a tomboy already at age 3.5; she LOVES hockey. We weren't sure if she was going to be excited about being a flower girl or not. Well her mom (my cousin) has really been talking it up to her. About a month ago Meaghan was playing outside and my cousin looked out and saw her with a bucket and she was putting leaves in it. She then stood up and walked very slowly dropping the leaves on each side of her as she walked down the pretend aisle! I almost teared up when I heard that, it's just so darn cute!

Brandon's ring has been found and we're paying it off right now; it's two tone with the white gold in the center surrounded by the yellow gold. My wedding band is paid off and safetly stored.

Wedding party individuals have really stepped up, including the MIA maid of honor. She called and apologized about how she had been blowing me off and how awful she felt...it's all good now.

Things still to do: Meet with reception hall to finalize food and go over details. Meet with our DJ. Decide on photo shoot location. Finalize plans with limo driver. Print/mail invites. Print programs. Finish the rest of the branches (about 15 of 40 done so far). Make sure all the guys have gotten fitted for the tuxes. Find a dress for the bridal shower/rehearsal dinner/formal night for the cruise. Write our vows. Meet with friend who is the Day of Coordinator and go over all the details with her. Get Brandon's passport. Get marriage license....I'm sure there is more but I feel like my list has gone down quite a bit. I'm really start to look forward to the honeymoon so I can relax! Whew...I think that's the jist of all the updates I've got going on right now. I just needed to write that all down!

13. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

Looks like someone's been busy! :rolleyes: I just love "the making of the ice brances" album! It's so cute and they turned out great. That must have taken a lot of hard work.

14. alliekat

Not long now Shana!!!

I don't know how you're doing it all honestly. So much effort and organisation, but all for a fabulous day!! Have you any of your own hair left or is it pieces following you around the house.

Seriously big commendations to you, I could never have done it like that.

And yay, nearly relaxation time!!!!

15. ManagerJosh

How's the honeymoon btw, Allie? :D

16. alliekat

Honeymoons not til March, but the just after married life is pretty good. Except the whole changing name thing, whose idea was that anyway??? Just a real big pain in the bum and it's all my bum. Except when I complain and throw things, then it's Ash's bum :D.

17. jupitershana

My mom and I sat down and made a list of things I need to do the next 1.5 weeks and it stressed me out a little but still makes it easier having a to-do list of what needs to be accomplished each day. I'm lucky that I am very organized with this all and it is making it quite a bit easier. Plus the 16 month engagement kind of helps too... :rolleyes: Cute story: I had the list sitting on the counter so I would remember to take it to work. Brandon must have read over the list this morning since he didn't see it last night. He added something to the list: "Most important - Love my baby." Awww...warm fuzzies. He puts it all into perspective sometimes.

And so far all my hair is still in tact! I'm trying to figure out if I'll be able to make an appointment with my hair salon the morning after the wedding to get it all chopped off though...chin length. Right now it's below my shoulders about 2 inches. Not sure if I'll be able to finagle it though with having to be at the airport by 11:30am. I might be getting it chopped once we get to Florida but I would prefer my normal lady.

ROTFL...poor Ash! and also...ugh! Don't remind me about that whole process. That's another thing I need to do. Organize all the places I need to contact after the wedding to change my name. That's going to be a pain.

Hugz, you ever going to check in and let us know if any plans are underway? :p

18. Odinmoon

Odinmoon Creator of organised mess

Shana. It's getting close. :eek::p

19. ManagerJosh

SHHH!!!!! It's a surprise ;) :p

20. jupitershana

I know! 54 days to go!

Haha...I don't think I could be surprised by it. I've got a countdown in this signature, two of my calendars have a countdown on it, and I have a countdown on our wedding website! I'm fully aware that it's coming up...yikes!

And several quick updates:
    Photos: Hehe...I can't stop giggling about this. Brandon and I are still going to go to the first park where they only allow the bride/groom for 1/2 hour to take pictures. After that we're swinging back to the hotel to pick up the rest of the bridal party. We're then going to my grandparent's senior apartment complex to take pictures! They have a beautiful grand staircase in the lobby as well as other pretty nooks and crannys and an indoor greenhouse. Well Grandma is the floor representative (about 40 apartments per floor!) so you know she'll be telling EVERYONE at the meetings what's going to be going on. She's already asked the director of the building and the director is "thrilled" with the idea! Hehe...we're going to have a crowd of elderly people watch us take our photographs and I'm sure we'll be getting lots of stories of their weddings and marriage advice! It will be fun though, and I'm sure very exciting for those who come to watch!

Makeup and hair has been sorted out; I'm getting my makeup airbrushed on! How cool is that!

Hair is going to be cut the morning after the wedding! My co-workers partner cuts hair and she's willing to do it super early on the 27th. (I probably won't sleep much that night anyway!) So we're going to either meet at my apartment or theirs at 7am and cut it all off. This is a surprise so no one but my mom will know what's going to happen...not even Brandon! But he'll be happy, he actually prefers my hair short.

Next weekend is going to be crazy!

Saturday: 9:30 Breakfast with my dad's side of the family (they do this every Saturday, we join whenever we can) 11:30 meet with Our Ceremony/Reception site to go over details, determine the menu, figure out placement for ceremony and the reception to follow. Brandon also has patrol that night.
    Sunday: 9:30-11 premartial counseling, Bridal shower at 2:00, I need to be there by 1:30 for sure.

Sometime after we meet with the reception hall I also need to get the template for the invites ready; those need to go out next week already! I need to get those printed probably Monday AM next week to mail by next Tuesday! OMG! That's when reality hits that I'm getting married...realizing that the invites are going out soon!