weddings

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by JulzSC, Dec 20, 2004.

1. MangoOrange

MangoOrange New Member

This is off topic for weddings, but has to do with the weird jealousy thing.

Megaera and Sullivan are the parents of Adonis and Leonato. Leonato once woohoo'd with a girl named Claire (way back in college, she was #1 of 20 woohoos for Leonato. Needless to say, she caught him cheating a LONG time ago.)

Adonis later married Claire. They live with Megaera and Sullivan and now their 2 little boys, Apollo and Aries. (I'm using your names, SBW, sorry about that, but I did already kind of have a theme going :) ) Leonato lives in a different house with his wife.

So the entire family is in one room together just by chance, and Claire and Adonis kiss. Megaera and Sullivan both freak out, and instantly hate Claire. I could kind of see why, since she used to date their other son, maybe they feel that she's cheating on him. Even though neither one is in love anymore and everyone was at their wedding and had nothing to say then!

But their son Apollo also freaked! And now he hates his mother, apparently for kissing his father. What in the world? "Mom, you're a sleazebag because you used to date uncle Leo, and even though that's over now and you married Dad and had 2 children with him, how dare you kiss him!!!!!"

2. Ruthie_Faye

Ruthie_Faye New Member

I think there should be some type of time limit on that jealousy thing. It's just crazy how they handle it. I've had a female I was trying to get jealous so she would break the engagement with this other guy. The guy had moved on and was living with another woman, even had a baby with her. I guess the first woman was so PO'ed at him that she just refused to give the ring back.

Then I've had times when a couple dated and broke up, no engagement. The female remarried, she was the player sim and her former boyfriend was an NPC. Years down the road, after marriage, babies and grandbabies another player sim married her former beau. Everytime she would see them kiss she got LIVID! What's the poor guy supposed to do crawl off in a hole and die? You've moved on and now it's his turn to move on. Let it go! LOL

Ruth

3. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Go ahead and steal, Mango. It's not like I made those names up!

I'm a little worried, myself. Little Ivan Gorey has two moms, Jane and Allegra, but his daddy James lives in the same apartment building. Ivan is a toddler now (a pretty cute one, too) and all of his wants center around his biological mother, Jane, and James.

I'm wondering what he's going to do the first time he sees Jane kiss Allegra. I guess we'll find out ...

4. HillsAngel

HillsAngel New Member

Thanks Mirelly, sorry I've taken to long to get back to you, been away and then really busy at work so much time for fun. Anyway once I got the chance I found that she was still engaged to another guy so I got her to break off that engagement and her new fella proposed to her. All seemed to be going well, she got pregnant again and they bought a wedding arch so that they could marry before the "bump" appeared. Guests were invited and then the couple got together under the wedding arch but all of a sudden the "bump" grew before the ceremony started and she suddenly appeared in normal "maternity" clothes. So I started the whole "get married" thing again under the wedding arch and she changed into a wedding dress complete with "bump". Then all of a sudden he gets a look of astonishment on his face and decides to do a runner (literally ran right off the lot). Needless to say she is devasted and the relationship meter on her bio for him is minus about 30.
    Anyway the baby was born, mum and dad sleeping in seperate beds for now, but I'm working on getting them to fall in love again and maybe the wedding will take place eventually. Will keep you informed.
    Seems Sim men don't seem to be able to take their responsibilities seriously, much like their human counterparts.
    :rolleyes: :mad:

5. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

I have never seen that happen! Never had a sim left at the altar, and some have been quite pregnant. Even had a pregnant bride and groom once (curse those telescopes, anyway). Not sure I've ever had one "pop" right there at the altar, though.

What was their relationship score? Mine are always in the 90's or at 100 when they get married.

Was the "runner" a player sim?

6. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

I had it happen once, early on. I was kinda hoping it would happen to Selsey ...

Selsey was torn between Mark Hanale (a dormie) and Luke (who is a born in game sim). Both males are a bit of a moose so there wasn't much to choose between them. So Selsey "decided" to have a child by each and choose the one with best parenting skills as the one to marry. Mark was first and boy did he suck as a dad. He would step over his baby rather than hold it ... let alone feed/cuddle/change .... :( Unfortunately Selsey left it a little late with Luke; he married someone else, but they still had feelings for each other and one thing led to another (whom they named, Jenie :rolleyes: ) Suddenly there was a distinct lack of elegible males so she married Mark ... who, unfortunately, didn't run away screaming. So Selsey resorted to Plan B and paid for Mark to have some plastic surgery ... well a lot of plastic surgery ... well a totally radical physiognomical overhaul .... Luke visited the other day because it was Jenie's birthday and after the fun, when Jenie was tucked up safely in her cot, I caught Luke tenderly stroking her head before taking his leave. Awwww!

I think Mark might have an mishap with the never before unwrapped science station. Selsey's dad is a mad scientist but her Mom won't let him play with scientific apparatus at home. Maybe if Selsey lets Mark play (he's not very good at science :cool: ) and if she keeps the cellar door locked with a carbolic soaked blanket over the door for good measure ....:devious::devil:

7. Lynet

Lynet New Member

I'm thinking the little stories in this thread would have worked (with a pic or two) in the "We're Jealous..." thread. It's like a short story magazine here, which is what I was anticipating under the one Mirelly started. :)

8. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

LOL, me too, Lynet. I'm beginning to realise that maybe sims on free will aren't any more prone to diversion than we, their masters and mistresses. Just because a path exists does not mean either sim or mortal flesh is under any sort of compulsion to use it. Don't go "off topic" and "keep off the grass" and "please don't run halfway to Academie Le Tour to put down that thinking cap on the little side table by the mail box cos you should know by now that your husband is also planning to use that to put the bills on before he pays them and if you get there first you'll totally screw my carefully laid plans!" are all equally ignored because they are vain and fussy and picky ... but mostly because it is such fun to take a rule and smash it into tiny pieces.

Grrr ... and then people wonder why mods are needed ... I see they even have them over at MATY ... now ;)