Welcome to Knox Patch

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Chee-Z, Jan 29, 2006.

1. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Really cool...Franz has a baby. Can't wait to see if it looks like him. :cool:

2. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

Arg! I'm on the edge of my seat here Chee-z! You really pulled me farther into this story with the last few posts...Franz has a past...I love the twist you're taking with it!

3. nectere

nectere New Member

oo story number 3 to keep up with! very nice!

4. Chee-Z

Chee-Z The Go-Kart Mozart

Ack I've been having problems playing Sims today. On my desktop it backed out on me for no reason. On my laptop it had an internal video card error and backed out on me. I hope I'm not losing my game...:(

5. Chee-Z

Franz and his family sat around on the floor of the bedroom. Virgil tried to play piano to take his mind off things, but then sighed and sat next to Franz on the floor. Sophie had a hard time sitting there with the baby in tow, but she managed fine.

"So...I guess it was several weeks later when that Kiara woman came to the house to ask if Virgil had changed his mind about her...he kept to himself and seemed quite depressed..."

He bought himself that god awful coffin that resides in Don's old bedroom now. He stayed in it when the sun was up, and moped around the house at night until the sun came up again. He studied. He lost his job. Things were going downhill.

"Darn it, brother, won't you call that gypsy and buy the potion already?"

"Eh." Virgil sipped from his beverage and turned the channel to the Llamas playing soccer.

"You can't sit on that leopard couch forever, Virgil. You either need to get yourself cured or deal with it."

Virgil looked hard at Franz for a while. He stared at his eyes. He then looked over at the alien baby playing on the floor.

"Let me think about it." Virgil walked outside for a long time. Franz watched him from the window, wondering what his brother would decide to do.

6. Chee-Z

It was settled then, that night. Virgil noticed me in the window, and he gave me a wink. He waved and mouthed "I'll be back someday, not sure when," and just like that, he flew away into the night sky.

"Great...just great..." I said, turning away from the window as soon as Virgil flew toward the moon. I sat down on those horrid leopard cushions, and put my head in my hands. "I'm a single father without any help from my only family."

"Daddy!" Orion walked up to me and looked up from the floor. "Why Daddy sad?" Little Orion was almost four years old, potty trained, could talk, and walk. I had grown used to him and even thought he was cute.

"Uncle Virgil's gone, son," was all I could say. Orion could not comprehend. I sighed and put the little tyke to bed. I fell asleep myself, lying down for a moment and once my head hit the pillow I was out for the count.

Little did I know that the idiot vampire who had a crush on my brother would come that night to ask if he had changed his mind. When she found that he was gone, she was royally p-oed. Instead of being rational and coming back later, she grabbed me by the neck and hissed "Where is he?"

It scared the pee out of me, and that was my only response.

"I guess he wouldn't mind if I kept a momento of him, then."

Before I could protest, the woman picked up my son, thinking it was Virgil's alien baby, and ran out the door. I guess a vampire couldn't carry that much in bat form. I ran after her, of course, but she called a cab at her home and drove away with Orion in her arms. I couldn't catch up with a moving car, and she did not have a rattletrap I could borrow...so that was that.

Needless to say, a shrink had to snap me out of it afterwards. The Curious sisters and Don tried to take care of me as best as they could. Finally they agreed on something that I did not have a word in edgewise about.

"You're going on a trip, Franz. There's a nice vacation home in a quite town called Knox Patch. You'll like it there."

I don't remember how I got to Knox Patch, or why I was sent there, since the nervous breakdown also took my memory. But moving here was a way for me to start anew. I became a scientist instead of a doctor. I was the only one here, all alone. I preferred it, actually, and was quite annoyed when my privacy was invaded by the Curious brothers next door. I realized that they moved here because they, too, became victims of the aliens that patrolled the outskirts of Strangetown.

Then Don came back in my life. He had gotten himself in trouble with the Caliente sisters that were fresh out of college. Chloe couldn't forgive him for messing around with them, and kicked him out of the rental property. The Caliente sisters followed him here, where he had sent me to recover from my problems. Nina was also angry with him for messing around with other women, and has never forgiven him since. Dina was just looking for another source of money to blow off.

So yes, Greg, everything is linked. Everything makes sense now. The nightmares that have been haunting me these past few days were of the woman who grabbed my neck and hissed sinisterly into my ears. The nightmares were of images of the son I never knew, and they haunt me all the time. I'm sorry you had never gotten to meet him, Greg. He reminds me terribly of Hans, and probably is a green version of him somewhere. Hopefully the witch took good care of him. That's all I ask for.

7. Chee-Z

"Aww, what a touching sob story."

No one noticed that a bat had flown into the room. Poof!

"YOU!" Virgil lunged, Greg and Franz had to hold him back.

"Virgie, what an awful way to greet your old flame. I thought you had more charm than that."

Paine and Sophie scooted back against the wall. If Sophie was not pregnant, she would have started a catfight right then. If Paine was not an old woman, she would've done the same thing.

"Let go! Let me at her! You ruined my life, Kiara!"

"Virgil, darling, how could I have done that? I gave you eternal life and you did not know what to do with it. I thought you were afraid to die."

"I'd rather die than be a vamp. I was struggling to get money to pay the rent, struggling to survive in the sun so I could keep my job, struggling to find love when all the women ran away in fear, struggling to find my way around the world, and that's what you call eternal life? I had my life ahead of me then! I fled from my brother because I was depressed and thought I was a complete failure! I left him alone and vulnerable, AND YOU TOOK HIS KID! HOW COULD YOU?"

"Silly me, I should've known there was a family resemblance." She turned from Virgil and looked Franz straight in the eyes. "Hmm I should've known. His eyes are yours."

"You *****," Franz spat. He may have been reaching his final days, but this moment was to face his nightmares and fears, and he felt like he did when he was in his 20's.

"Why, he's quite as charming as you are, Virgie! Why, he could even pass for your father now!"

"Shut up, you. Where is he? How'd you get in here."

"He's safe, my friend. Quite safe. He grew to be quite a looker. And it's not my fault you leave your **** doors open."

Franz scowled at her. The nerve! "Get out of here before I throw you out myself!"

"Peachy. I hope you've been working out. I think I'll save you the trouble." As she was walking away, she noticed Sophie. "Oh, you're expecting! Congratulations!"

"Get away from me!" Sophie refused to let the Kiara woman hug her.

"OUT!" roared Virgil and Franz.

"Fine, fine, be that way. Just so you know, the little tyke's living nearby. Virgil, I thought we had more than this." She casually walked out the door and down the porch stairs. She turned to face the house, and she saw mad faces peering down at her from the upstairs windows.

She winked and flew away into the night, toward the pink boarding house down the street.

"You think she was telling the truth about Orion?"

"I'm not sure, I can't trust her anyway."

"I'd think for the best, honey. In the meantime, let's get you ready for work. The carpool will be here in about an hour or so." Paine, quite shaken from the scare, led her husband down the stairs and prepared an omelette as best as she could. Sophie had almost fainted and needed to lie down. Greg had gone to work and come back and was standing there, thinking, in his work suit. Virgil retreated into his bedroom. He kicked at his coffin and tore it to shreds, in a fit of rage and despair.

"My Lord, what is he doing in there?"

"Best to just leave him alone, dear. I'll be back in a few hours. Get some sleep if you can." Franz kissed Paine on the cheek and went on his way. He looked all around him, hoping the woman wouldn't jump out of the overgrown bushes, or lunge at him from the sky. He shuddered and got into the car as quickly as he could. The driver looked at him funny, then drove him to work at the abandoned house in downtown.

8. Chee-Z

On a Thursday evening, as soon as Greg came home from work, Franz hosted a wedding ceremony and party at his house. He let Gregory invite who he wanted: his siblings and the Lotharios came. They had a little too much wine in the back yard, but otherwise things went fine. Gregory Hoffman and Sophie Miguel exchanged their vows in front of his family and friends.

Little did they know that they had a special guest there that day. He came in secretly, all dressed up, and no one noticed. Which suited him just fine.

Franz had a toast to the newlyweds. They served wedding cake inside, which gave the visitor a chance to leave as stealthily as he came. As soon as Franz had to go to work, the party was over, and the newlyweds went on their honeymoon.

9. Lynet

Lynet New Member

LOL, Franz in his pajamas at the wedding? Setting a new trend in formal wear.

And I saw Orion. What a cutie. He's got the nose! Can't wait for more about Orion.

10. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

And I thought Solange was an evil witch ... :rolleyes:

11. Chee-Z

"Hello Vidcund. I see you got that promotion afterall," Franz greeted his new coworker in the basement of the house on the hill. Three days a week to commute to Downtown. Not too bad, though he couldn't really take too much more of it.

"Indeed I did," Vidcund grinned and shook Franz's hand.

"Congratulations about your wife winning the election as well, dear," Trisha looked up from her work and smiled. Franz shuddered. Old age was not treating Trisha Elric well.

"Thanks very much...I hate to say it, but my house has turned into a Mayor's Mansion of sorts. Not as quiet as I thought it'd be."

"How's your son doing, Vid?" Franz lead Vidcund over to the lab station they had set up. They had a couple lanterns hanging from the dirt ceiling to illuminate the dirt walls and floor.

"I hate to say it, Franz, but I don't really approve of where he is living at the moment."

"Really? Where's he living, dear?" Trisha came over and sipped a cup of coffee that was left on the table.

"That Caliente appartments place. I swear, I do believe it's a ***** house."

"Now why am I not surprised?" Franz muttered under his breath.

"Vidcund Curious, don't say things like that! Now what on Earth would make you think that?" Trisha looked shocked.

"Well, I shouldn't really say that, since my nephew and his girlfriend are living there. But I had invited Enoch to stay with us until he got himself settled down. He refused, and hasn't found a house or a job since then. I'm afraid he's gotten quite lazy."

"Maybe he misses that girl you mentioned he was attracted to...doesn't she have a few years of school left?"

"Not really, just a couple semesters. I'm not quite sure that's the case. But I feel quite uncomfortable with my son living in a house filled with scantily clad, single women, who have had questionable reputations."

"Come now, Vidcund. He'll find himself a job and maybe he'll turn that place around someday. Doesn't he want to go into politics like his mother?"

"Lord I wish..."

_____

"Kiara, if you're going to follow me every where, could you at least drink this stuff? I don't really want you scaring people..."

"Come on, honey, this is my style."

"Kiara...either you do this or get out of the car. I mean it."

"Since when did you get all serious on me, sugar?"

"Since you threatened my dad and uncle. I really want to be with them again."

"Don't get started on that, darlin."

"I know you raised me...uh...decently. At least I graduated from high school. I know you have been struggling to find a job to support me and...uh...your...stuff...but this is my chance to bond with the family I never knew."

"Why the hell would you want to know them, sugar? They're BORING."

"Not from what I heard. Now drink this, or leave me alone when I get to the boarding house."

"Ugh...fine..."

12. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Sounds like Orion is really back.

13. Chee-Z

"Ma'am, are you sure you want that room? Here's a nice one over here..."

"This is fine, Ms. Caliente."

"Oh please, call me Dina."

"Psst. Isn't she weird? I told you she was weird..." Nina pulled Dina over to the side as the lady with the long hair and leopard print dress went into her room.

"Nina, do you need money or no? Don't discriminate against my boarders, please."

"YOU'RE the one that needs money, sister. You ALWAYS need money. I'm just looking for a ---hello! There's a looker."

"Nina, he's..."

"I thought you said not to discriminate."

Dina rolled her eyes and took another look at the guy. He was...well...he looked familiar...she just couldn't put her finger on it.

"Hello there. Is this room taken?" The fellow asked Nina as she walked on over.

"Oh, any room is open for you, honey," she winked and led him in.

"Quite cozy. How much is it?"

"Whatever cost you want it to be." She winked and giggled.

"Uh...is your sister around?"

"Maybe, maybe not."

Great, just my luck, he thought to himself.

"Excuse me, ma'am." He left the room and went upstairs. He needed a job and fast. But first he needed some relaxation...

"I can't believe there isn't a job out there for me," Enoch sat down in front of the chess set. It seemed to soothe his disposition. Enoch's new neighbor was sitting on the couch, studying a cookbook.

"What're you interested in?" the guy asked, pausing his reading for a moment.

"Politics. I might as well get in the family business. How about you?"

"Science," the fellow grinned.

"You don't seem very...uh...disciplined for that."

"It's something I've been interested in for a long time."

"I'd say. You look familiar. You know Dr. Hoffman? I've read his work, he's a genius in my opinion."

"Really? Why, yes, yes I have."

"You kinda look like him. But surely...nah...just a coincidence I suppose."

---

"Hey...you do look familiar."

"Hmm?"

"Are you...?"

"What?"

"Nothing...nothing...hey...wanna...go...with...me...?"

"I guess, I don't really have much else to do."

"Great...hey, it's my song...let's dance."

"Uh...ok...?"

---

"Say, are you related to...?"

"Hmm?"

"Oh nothing...you're quite distinguished for an alien. Most of them look like Mr. Curious over there, pardon me saying."

"He's quite a guy. Already starting a family with the missus, I heard."

"Yeah."

"Uh...were you going to ask me something?"

"Why yes, yes I was...would you like to go out with me, Mister...?"

"I'm Orion."

"Cute name. Suits you."

"Thanks Ms. Caliente---"

"Oh please, call me Dina."

"Hehe, alright then."

14. Chee-Z

"Sakura, that Pepe kid keeps calling for you. Sakura?"

"Coming Mom...hey you, looker." The twelve year old winked at the mirror, then blew a kiss at it and left her bedroom.

"You really need to answer the phone when we're at work, sweetheart," Yuffie Carr handed the phone over to Sakura. "The poor guy's been calling you all day."

"Sorry, Mom. That nanny you hired just won't shut up about her grandkids."

"Fortunately we won't be needing her anymore, since you've had your birthday," Sakura's father, Joe, called from the kitchen.

"Did you not like her, Joe?" his wife called back as she made her way through the living room.

"She was creepy, in my humble opinion."

"Oh Joe..."

Sakura rolled her eyes and uncovered the receiver to the phone. "Sorry about that. So, what's up, Pepe?"

"Sakura, would you like to come to my birthday party? I hate to say it, but you're the only friend I can think of that would appreciate being there with me."

"Aww, Pepe, why do you say that?"

"I'm new to private school...and...you're the only nice kid there..." Sakura could tell that Pepe was blushing from the other end of the phone.

"I'd love to come to your party. When is it?"

"Tomorrow. We still have cake leftover from all my aunts' and uncles' and my parents' birthday parties."

"Wow."

"Yeah, they're old."

"I bet they are. I'll be there then, 6pm, right?"

"Yep. I'll see you there then. Thanks a lot, Sakura."

"No problem. Bye Pepe." Sakura hung up the phone and smiled, then went into the kitchen to eat dinner with her mom and dad. Ugh...spaghetti again...gotta love having athletes for parents.

15. Chee-Z

Life went on in the singular dorm. People came, and people went on as they graduated with honors. Hans saved his bash for when he moved in with his girlfriend...hehe...

Andromeda and Prometheus Elric were one of the few graduates who did not move in with their parents or into the Caliente Boarding House. They combined their savings and moved into the previous abode of the Curiouses. Franz and Greg went over there one day to see how their new neighbors were doing.

Prometheus had become a desperate fellow. He paid several thousand dollars for a date that he immediately backed out of. He joined the military in hopes of building up his self esteem, and his broken wallet. When the Hoffmans came over, he greeted them joyously and showed them into his meager living quarters.

The living room was filled with instruments. There was a broken down couch and an expensive bookcase. They ate off of a card table and from a worn fridge.

Andromeda greeted the guests with a hearty game of hacky sack. She let the dye out of her hair and removed the sunglasses, yet she was still a giant oddball to the houseguests. When the phone rang, she dropped everything to answer it. Prometheus served chef salads in hopes of pleasing his first guests into the new house.

"Hello Barry! What? You are? Great! Swing by here, I'm ready to go!"

"Don't tell me you're seeing that guy..."

"Well I am, and he's just a friend."

"Fine fine..."

---

Andromeda did not realize that Barry would invite his mother, his aunt and uncle, and his cousins. His mother was a wild woman, and insisted on playing a game of cards at Rodney's in downtown. His aunt Lola and uncle Vidcund did not last very long and took a cab back to Knox Patch. Enoch drank...Cid and Barry were having the times of their lives, and joined Chloe at the poker table.

"Come on, Andy, give it a shot."

"Hmm...I guess I have a little to lose..."

They laughed and gambled. Cid's eyes met Andy's across the table and he smiled. They retreated after Chloe won the game.

"So you're in college, eh?"

"Yes, I want to be a business tycoon."

"Ha! You don't seem the type..."

"I can try, can't I?"

"Hehe, I suppose so."

"Just like I can try dating a girl that's older than me."

"Well, I suppose that's possible too. Who'd you have in mind?"

"Well..." Cid winked and smiled.

"Ohh...I see..." Andy did something she probably should not have, yet did anyway. She kissed Cid in the bar. Sparks flew. Barry looked over and smiled in approval, then said to his mother, "C'mon, Mom, you're going to get us bankrupt..."

---

"Hey Pro? You know how you've been having women trouble lately?"

"Andy, how many times do I have to tell you? NO!"

"Come on, Pro, I brought an acquaintence home from---"

"The bar. Andy, you know that---"

"Pro, she's different. Besides...she's right here."

"Pleasure." The woman reminded Andy of a queen. She seemed unique enough. She certainly acted the part.

"Uh...Andy..."

"Vhat, dahling? 'Avent you seen a Countess before?"

"I'll leave you two be, I'm heading to bed."

"Andy..."

---

Andy had gone to bed, but she woke up and found the Countess standing at the foot of her bed.

"Uh...you can go now..."

"Hmph. It's almost 7am anyway." The woman stormed away and out the door. Andy said behind her, "You're weird, but I like you."

16. Chee-Z

And matching pictures. :D

17. Chee-Z

"Greg?"

"Yeah?"

"I've been thinking..."

"So have I."

"I'm hoping about the same thing."

"Well, what are you thinking about?"

"Greg...I'm not quite sure there's enough room in this house to raise a child."

"Huh..."

"Yeah...ever since Virgil invited his girlfriend to move in with him, it's become really crowded..."

"You have a good point there."

"Also, I've been having nightmares ever since that woman came into the house..."

"Sophie, she's not coming back. She knows better than to do that twice."

"What if she does?"

"Well, she'd have three angry guys against one vampire."

"Har har...honey...I really think we should have our own home...I know you wanted to live with your parents, but if they need someone to take care of them, Hans lives practically next door, and Lulu a couple houses down. Virgil even lives right here with them."

"But I wanted Dad and Mom to see their grandchild..."

"They can come visit us whenever they wanted, Greg."

"Yeah...I guess that's true..."

"Come on, Greg. I even have a house picked out. See this picture? The house is right on the coast. It's very beautiful right there."

"It is a looker...I suppose you're right Sophie."

---

Greg and Sophie packed up their things and moved several blocks down from the Hoffman homestead. Franz and Paine understood completely, as did Virgil and his girlfriend Arianna Warton, who was a college dropout with a want to start a family of her own. Virgil would have his hands full with her.

As soon as Greg and Sophie moved into their new home, and bought the new furniture (as much as they could afford with Greg's hypnotist salary), Sophie went into contractions on the house's sidewalk. So on a Monday afternoon, little Hector Hoffman was born in the new home.

---
    "Virgil?"

"Yeah?"

"Your nephew's wife...did she mean to leave this here?"

"I guess. Why do you ask?"

"It's quite fun to have a bowling alley in your side yard."

Attached Files:

18. Lynet

Lynet New Member

LOL, Chee-z, I like the picture of Andy dreaming of sunshine while being watched by the countess.

Your neighborhood is getting as complicated as Porta de Luca. I think you might need a who's who thread. Or pictures of the family trees. ;)

And Franz is still in his PJs. He's so funny.

19. Chee-Z

Yeah I like that picture, it seemed fitting. I was considering making a Who's Who thread since there are so many people that fit into the scheme of things. Franz seems to have taken a liking to pajamas in his old age, it seems...I can't seem to keep him in his everyday clothes for very long. :eek:

20. Lynet

Lynet New Member

I've downloaded PJs for my sim guys. There's some interesting designs out there, although much harder to find for elder sims. But Franz makes me laugh, anyway. :D