What are some of the new things with OFB?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Ruthie_Faye, Mar 2, 2006.

1. Ruthie_Faye

Ruthie_Faye New Member

What are some of the new things with OFB?

For those of you lucky enough to already have the game what comes with it? New objects, socials, clothing, hair, etc? Are your business ideas working as you planned?

Ruth

2. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Running your own business is so much fun ... I've got to get back to my game!

3. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

There are quite a few new hairdoos and more hats, for the mascots. There are more clothing options as well in that regards. There are more objects, one of the cool things are shelves, which can be used in your business to display your items for sale, or just within your own house. There are also smaller dressers now. One of the cool things as well is that the wedding arch, when sims use it, allows you to get married in something other than just the standard dress/tux set. You just have to use a dresser first and plan your formal outfit. You now get married in your formal outfit. I thought that was pretty cool.

There are also new socials, mainly gears towards management stuff, but also new socials for kids. Once is adorable, which allows a sim child to dance with anyone else, if it's a teen or older they dance on the older one's feet...so cute. They can also now show off, play rock, paper scissor, and children and tease toddlers with toys and blow bubbles.

You can have any teen or older sim bring a toddler to a mirror now to change their appearance, very cool.

New build modes, including split levels and awnings and elevators!

A couple new cheats as well; listed in the Prima guide, exactly as listed below:
    (All start with ctrl + shift + c of course)
    • Addneighbortofamilycheat [on/off]: With this cheat activated you can shift + left click on an NPC to add one to the current household. This won't work on service NPCs engaged in their jobs (i.e. maid cleaning, gardener gardening, etc.) but will work if that same sim is visiting socially or hanging out after finishing tasks. You can even add sims in excess of the customary eight-Sim family limit. Won't work on special NPCs like the grim reaper or Mrs. Crumplebottom.
    • Forcetwins: With a pregnant Sim selected, using this cheat transforms the pregnance into a twin birth.
    • Plumbbobtoggle [on/off]: makes the overhead plumb bob invisible.
    There is also a cheat other than moveobjects on to place more than one object on the same wall space. Select the object you want to place and hold alt + ctrl while selecting where to put it.

Also, there is new food, and if a pregant sim eats a lot of cheesecake, it increases their chance of having twins!

Hope that is helpful to some people, SBW, I thought of you when I read the plumbbobtoggle cheat, I know you had asked about that before...now it's possible!

4. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

I am so about to declare war on the US of A ... not for holding out on the rest of the world but for rubbing our noses in it. :disappointed:

LOL those two cheats are so overdue. I think that for The Sims 3 Maxis should consider releasing the game in the style of Microsoft. TS3_Pro come with all the expansion packs up front but (obviously) costs a mint, TS3_Poor comes in instalments like we are used to and still costs a mint but you get to spread the cost over a year or two :rolleyes:

I don't like waiting ... yeah I know, y'all got the message already :p

5. Ruthie_Faye

Ruthie_Faye New Member

Are there any new life time wants that have to do with businesses? Also I've seen pictures of sprinklers with children playing in them and kites. Did those make it past the final cut?

Ruth

6. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Don't hold your breath, Ruthie. I shan't post anything at all tomorrow out sheer spite :rolleyes:

7. jupitershana

No new lifetime wants, but yes, those are new objects that your sims can make on "The Crazy Fun Toybench from 'Crafting'It!' Industries" They can make: Sir Bricks-a-lot, Little heroes fire truck, clown-in-a-box, Brinks' Kite, Twirl, Spin and Wobble!, and Wet n' Wild Water Wiggler. You also have the option to rename those when they craft them.

There is also a robot crafting station, which makes: Toy Tobot, Clean Bot (cleans) HydroBot (waters gardens and puts out fires) SentryBot (fires a stun ray at any intruders/burglers or anyone stealing a gnome/newspaper or kicking a garbage can or gnome), MunchieBot (goes and gets pizza/chinese/ prepared if a sim is hungry) and of course Servo who becomes a playable robot.

And also the floral workstation, which you can create bouquets of the following flowers: Daisy, Wildflower, Tulip, Mixed Flowers, Rose and Snapdragon.

Edited to say: Can anyone tell that I brought the Prima Offical Game Guide for OFB with me to work today? Lol, we've been so slow this week, I actually got to go home early yesterday and Monday. No such luck today, but still slow enough to read the guide.

8. Ruthie_Faye

Ruthie_Faye New Member

I heard that one of the flower bouquets does something "special". They posted a link to the TS2 BBS but I can't access that site so I couldn't read the post. Any idea what that special something may be? Do the snapdragons bite? LOL

Ruth

9. jupitershana

It doesn't say anything except that "if the bouquet is 'broken' the viewing sims get a reduction in all needs and a nasty odor." (this is just with the snapdragon.) It doesn't say anything with other bouquets. Toys however have "evil" versions, which are randomly made when crafting that specific type of toy. Sims who are buying aren't able to tell the difference even though we can.

The evil version of the kite is metallic with red eyes. Behaves like a normal kite, but it attracts lightning.

The Clown in a Box in evil form is black with red flames and it haunts the dreams of children All sims cry and receive a bad memory when playing with this one, except mean sims, they clap.

The fire truck has no evil version, nor does Sir Bricks-a-lot or the Twirl, Spin, and Wobble!

The Wet n' Wild Water Wiggler has an evil version, but it's not that exciting, it is a bright red squid that leaves puddles and spawns weeds when used outdoors.

10. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

ALRIGHT, someone with the Prima guide (Shana) please tell me how to make the stupid elevator work, and how to make Sims learn how to push the stupid cash-register buttons!!!! I get the little "something's in my way" thought bubble when I tell them to use the elevator. I used the elevator shaft to build the top floor, and then put the elevator on the bottom. Wasn't this what I was supposed to do? :rolleyes:

Okay, except for that, I was lovin' the whole hour I got to play it last night, even with the CEP not working.

11. jupitershana

Okay; here's what the guide says:

"Building Elevators

Tip: It's always easier to build the lower floors first so you'll have the previous peice's marker as your guide for the next highest level.

To build an elevator:
    • First find an open space for the first car...
    • go up one level and place another elevator car (or a shaft if you doln't need access to the current level). Cars on lower levels leave a green marker on adjacent levels to guide placement of other cars...
    • Then continue to the top of the structure.
    Elevators can be constructed within a building or adjacent to its exterior wall.
    • To build an external elevator, place the first elevator on the same level as the floor. If the house is on a foundation, you'll need to buyild a 2x2 foundation for the elevation to match, If the house is build directly on the ground, the elevator can be placed on the ground too.
    • Go up one level. To place the next elevator door or shaft peice, lay down floor tiles on the top of the lower elevator peice. This isn't necessary on elevators build indoors, but an exterior elevator won't likely be cutting through an existing floor.
    • Place the next elevator piece, and so on.
    Once the elevator pieces are in place, it's time to decorate them to fit in with your Sim's home.
    • Use the Room tool to build a wall around the elevator care or shaft.
    • Next apply wall coverings to these new walls. Note that as well as with regular doors, the wall covering applies around the elevator doors.
    When a building has a useable room under its roof, you can build elevators to those floors too, as long as the roof is tall enough to accommodate the elevator car.

Tip: Be sure to build the roof BEFORE placing the elevators. If you do it in reverse, the Auto Roof tool won't be able to build the roofs.

When running an elevator to a room under the structure's roof, make sure you can place the elevator deeply enough into the room to avoid intersecting with the roofline.

Using Elevators
    Elevators are very simple to use.

Note: Only one sim at a time may ride in an elevator. Two sims can share the car to WhoHoo or Try For Baby, but they'll emerge on the same level on which they started.

• To use an elevator, go to the destination floor, click on the elevator, and use the Go To This Floor interaction. Sims walk to the elevator door on their level and ride solo to the selected floor.
    • Alternatively, if you click on any location or object that is on a different floor than your sim, the sim automatically uses the closest elevator to get to that point."

12. jupitershana

As far as the cash registar, sims with low or no talent badges will have a hard time using the cash registar...or doing any other sort of interaction. Just give them time. It tends to take them a long time to build that skill unless it's a sim you are playing. I found that went quicker.

There are 7 talent badges:

Cosmetology, Robotery, Flower Arranging, Sales, Register, Toy Making and Restocking.

And 3 badge levels; bronze, silver and gold.

It works just like skilling, the more you study the higher you get at cooking, mechanical, cleaning...etc...the more practice you have at sales, using the registar, flower arranging etc, the faster you do it.

13. alliekat

alliekat Insert quirky comment

This is not fair, you're all making me want OFB desperately. I still have to buy Nightlife yet!! Fortunately, I have just gotten a second job so I'm not just on 3 days a week anymore, Yay. So think of me here, jealousy growing with every word I read, and feel sorry for me.

Or, laugh at me, whatever :D

14. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

Wait a second. You need to go in a car to use the elevator...? What?

15. alliekat

alliekat Insert quirky comment

:rotfl: at Person. Elevator CAR is the thing you stand in!!!

16. Willow_Tara

Willow_Tara New Member

Oh, now I really want the game...I gotta buy it soon..
    Will this affect the Insim and Inteen and any other downloads I may have downloaded?

17. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Are you channelling JMP these days, Mirelly?

18. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

No, she's just mad at me. OK, not JUST me, but I didn't mean to rub her nose in it. :eek:

Anyway, here are some things I discovered:

Any age can now "hang out" except presumably toddlers (I don't have any right now). I had a child hang out with her adult aunt.

Children can initiate play with adults, like tag. And they can "play/show off "three things: headstands, cartwheels, and somersalts. I put a picture of a headstand in my story thread, Porta de Luca.

You can now buy all the stuff you need for your house (furniture, art, whatever), provided there's a store that sells it. You get a "shopping cart" on the rewards menu. I haven't tried it yet but I assume that's where you put your stuff. Of course, you can get it the old-fashioned "magic" way too.

Also, when you shop for clothes you can add a bunch of things to your bag, which magically appears, and pay for them all at once! Everyday, PJs, whatever combination you want.

Oh, and shopping is suddenly a lot more like RL. My practice business owner has a clothing store and she hired four employees for it ... I had another sim visit as a customer and the employees had all switched jobs! And the numbnuts who usually works as barista was working the register, and man was he slooooowwwww ... I had to wait in line, just like RL. People were looking at their watches, very funny.

One more thing: I bought a wedding dress at pronup sims and my sim got to wear it through the entire ceremony. I don't know if the mesh is hacked or if the game has changed to let you pick, however.

One bad thing: despite following Mirelly's excellent pre-installation advice I ended up moving my sims out of two houses that became buggy after installing OFB. But the good part is I moved them into smaller homes so they'd have more money to buy a business.

In fact, I'm going to go start a flower shop right now.:p

19. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Inteen and Insim are not topics which are appropriate for discussion on this (or the official site) forum. For those types you'll need to ask in the forums where you found them.

However, there is another thread on this site which has information about which hacks/mods (of the ones which are ok to discuss) will/won't work.

20. DuzzyGirl

DuzzyGirl **sigh** Downloads ...

I ran across a new LTW last night. I put a new CAS in college as a fortune sim and his LTW is to own five 5 star business. :D