Spore What creatures are "good" and "bad"?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by suomalainen, Jun 13, 2005.

1. suomalainen

suomalainen New Member

What creatures are "good" and "bad"?

So what creatures you want see in game and what shall go in :censored: ?

2. strillor

strillor New Member

do you mean of Will Wrights creatures??

I love his TRIPOD :laughing2:

3. suomalainen

suomalainen New Member

^^ But no, I mean things like pokemon (they are good. I'm pokemon addict remember that) and simpsons (they are bad. Very bad.)
    So, tell in here wich famous characters are blah and wich yeah. ^^
    I tell some good:
    pokemon (few, not thousands)
    dragons (yeah!)
    griffin (oh, so cute)
    and all your own critters!

now the bad ones:
    Gir (uh oh)
    simpsons (exsample: homer)
    walking penises and things ( :mad: :grumpy: :yuck: )
    humans (without clothes)
    star trek "aliens" (humans with few addons like green face etc.)

I don't have any other baddies. ^^

4. strillor

strillor New Member

OHH now I see... :blush: sorry just didn't understand it all exactly :spin:

Goods :
    dragons!
    Pokemons (I'm a girl who know all the pokemons? :confused: )
    Snakes
    Bats (and mixes between those 2)

Bads :
    Walking Penises! (that would be such a waste of a great game)
    People... (I don't want huminaty into the game :spin: )

I'll be back with more.. My imagination just isn't working right now.. Because of my german exam :confused: but at least I got a B :D

5. suomalainen

suomalainen New Member

Im finland. We are "the people of north" :D

6. Kazatan

Kazatan New Member

hmm i would hope there was some way to filter out certain animal types, there should certainly be automatic filtering of nudism and profanity on the servers hosted by Maxis/EA. So i'd hope not to randomly find walking penis' in my game :rolleyes:

Im not anti-human, but im going to make sure they're not top of the food chain ;)

7. OverlordBill

OverlordBill New Member

Yeah. That's impossible. Did you see how Will Wright made creatures in the game? Now, think of all the possibilities for how you could make something. With no bones, fifty bones, fins, tentacles, reshaped arms... There's absolutely no possibility that even a filter with 50% effectiveness could be made. Now, in ten years maybe. But not now.

8. K.Kraden

K.Kraden New Member

That's exactly what people were saying about the possibility of making a game as large and dynamic as Spore itself. I think it is very possible, but regardless of HOW they filter, I have no doubt in my mind that they will be able to filter out all the bad stuff with pretty good efficiency.

Besides, when you are dealing with a gameworld as mind-bogglingly huge as Spore's, the chance of finding a nasty creature, even if there are some in your database, are very, VERY slim.

9. OverlordBill

OverlordBill New Member

Ah. But there's the difference. The Demo Scene has been procedurally generating things for a decade. With all the possible combinations for making something, it would be immensely hard to create a filter. Now a troublemaker could just slap a few arms or mouths onto an "improper" creature and the filter would be completely confused.

Let's make a bet right now. Twenty bucks on there not being an automated filter.

10. El Cid

El Cid New Member

What a foolish and narrow-minded view. With all the vast variety the game offers, there CANNOT BE a good or bad! There is no good or bad, good or bad has never existed. Ever. There is only difference and that in infinity.

11. suomalainen

suomalainen New Member

Please stay on topic. This topic is for famous characters ie: neopets.

12. strillor

strillor New Member

UGH.. I have another one..

I don't want walking cell phones, and.. toasters..

but I think that the classic E.T kinda alien, could be cool :bouncy:

13. Kazatan

Kazatan New Member

Slimer from the Ghostbusters.

14. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

I'd hate to see pokemon moslty because its something designed for little 6 year olds... ( I loved it when I was little but the teenagers who like it are wird in my opinion..)

I don't wanna see pikachus running around, I'd waste my day killing them all.. Pikachu I choose you... TO DIE! :mischievous:

15. leech10

leech10 New Member

I would like for there to be no creatures that are in cartoons or other stuff, I would rather want all the creatures to be just stuff that people have made up just for the game.

16. master genesis

master genesis New Member

Yeah but you know someone is going to do it but that is why Will made the blow up the planet gun. Imagine going to the pickachutheingy homeworld and blowing it up and then wipping the poke'guts off with your window wipers :D

17. 10-Neon

10-Neon New Member

You'd think that if you could afford planet busters that you would also be able to afford a decent shielding system that would keep the Pokeguts from hitting your ship in the first place.

18. K.Kraden

K.Kraden New Member

While I am hoping that I won't be finding 200 races of pikachus made by 10 year olds with no talent, at least it will give my race a job: Mass extermination of poor pop-culture brought to life by obsessed, noobish pre-teens with no sense of taste.

19. Dumdadum

Dumdadum New Member

Agreed. :D

Gir would be a good thing. All it would do all day is eat cupcakes.. what an awesome lifestyle.

20. HolsteinCow

HolsteinCow New Member

So all it does is eat cupcakes? How does it breathe, drink water or defend itself from predators? :confused: :angry: