Spore What creatures are "good" and "bad"?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by suomalainen, Jun 13, 2005.

1. K.Kraden

K.Kraden New Member

Well, that's the thing. GIR is a robot. Robots don't need to breathe or drink, or even eat its cupcakes; GIR does that because it wants to. As for defending itself, well, since the game populates you with an ecosystem you can live in, I think the most fearsome creature on a GIR planet would BE a cupcake.

2. HolsteinCow

HolsteinCow New Member

Just because it's an ecosystem you can live in doesn't mean you're the top of the food chain. You're going to have competition, and if that competition is limited to cupcakes then I have lost all my faith in Will Wright. :grumpy:

3. K.Kraden

K.Kraden New Member

Nah, when GIR is involved, everything's a'ight (yes, you have to say it like that too). If GIR was ever on a planet that was not entirely inhabited by cupcakes, GIR would leave. Huh? You say GIR needs an interstellar drive? Nonsense. GIR will use his special GIR powers to GIR himself away to cupcake land.

*Disclaimer* If the preceding paragraph made absolutely no sense to you, congratulations. You are a healthy, mentally stable human being.

4. HolsteinCow

HolsteinCow New Member

Well, in the Children's, series, Gir didn't leave earth, even though it was not inhabited entirely by cupcakes.

Christ, I'm turning into an Invader Zim fanboy. After all that show was just a ripoff of L. Ron Hubbard's Mission Earth.

5. K.Kraden

K.Kraden New Member

Does Mission Earth have anything to do with Battlefield Earth? I absolutely love that book... though the movie downright sucked. L. Ron Hubbard is easily one of my favorite authors.

6. HolsteinCow

HolsteinCow New Member

Mission Earth is actually ten books. A dekology. A satire dekology. The main character is the incarnated form of everything Scientology loathes trying to stop an Officer/Prettyboy from introducing a more efficient energy source to Earth. Oh, and the main character is comically unlucky; nothing good ever happens to him.

7. Noir

Noir Guest

hmmm,things i want in the game?i will write down stuff i want on my planet^^

good:
    dragon like flyers
    manny lizards, and a kinda prehistoric feeling
    not to manny mammals

bad:
    well,walking penises and stuff like that
    pokemon(only good when they are on other planets so u can blow em up^^)
    as good as all cartoon creatures and stff like that

8. Mullvalen

Mullvalen New Member

Lo Noir! :bouncy: Why not register?

Good:
    Really wierd, twisted and original creatures. As mush that as possible. Something that no one have thought about before.

Bad:
    Humans and eaven creatures on earth that allready exists (The atmosphere kinda breaks if there is cats and dogs and bunnys...)
    All creatures that are meant to break the atmosphere (penis creatures and so on)
    Pokemons
    Cartoon caracters(Simpsons, Invader Zim...))

9. K.Kraden

K.Kraden New Member

You just know that if bunnies do exist in this game they are going to be a bunch of genius warmongers that try to conquer the galaxy. Because of this I would not like bunnies in my game, because I don't feel like having to slaughter them just to be able to get a full night's rest.

10. El Cid

El Cid New Member

Natural selection my friends. Natural selection.

11. Astrodog

Astrodog New Member

GOOD:
    Wacky,twisted creatures.
    Pokémon that aren't very well known,like Mantine.

BAD:
    Walking dicks.
    Creatures with exadgerrated breasts made by perverts with no lives...
    PIKACHU.
    Normal Earth animals.

12. master genesis

master genesis New Member

I have a question do you think Will will (odd) put in different bodies for that race. Ok you probbaly dont know what im talking about, im talkin about like how termites have warrior, nurses, queens, drones, workers. That sorta thing each made and shaped for what they do. :confused:

13. Mullvalen

Mullvalen New Member

Yeah you got a point there. Specially between two sexes. Or maybe the race have three different sexes. It could be cool to choose that, still kind of grows. :laughing2:

14. leech10

leech10 New Member

I like that idea, as long as it doesn't get to the point where perverted people can go crazy with it.

15. Astrodog

Astrodog New Member

Really. Just nothing where the race has HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE breasts or penises. It's just :banghead:

16. El Cid

El Cid New Member

I'll make some just to bug you guys.

17. Astrodog

Astrodog New Member

Then I'll know you made them and kill them all just so you can find that out that in the Multiverse reports.

18. psyco88

psyco88 New Member

Good and bad

Good
    Lunatic's- swarms of them attacking bigger creatures (very amusing)
    Random Creatures
    Tenticles
    Fish (no one is talking about sea creatures)
    Rediculously Large creatures that wont naturally fit into the spaceship (easy amusment)
    Abnormal/deformed creatures that just dont look like it should be possible to live (ex: Robin Williams creature that just looked depressing)

Bad
    What weve seen before
    lacking creativity
    walking sexual organs (a pair of walking legs might be cool tho just legs)
    Pokemon- killed in mass quanities, not to extinction so you can do it over again

19. imported_Mike

imported_Mike New Member

I'd like to make a slug. A Nice Big slug with no legs, :D Just squelching along.

20. Miina

Miina New Member

Filters

I was thinking for the filter maybe they should implement something like whenever you start up the game again and enter, like you get a list of the creatures that other players made and you can decide what to have and what not to have in your universe or is that a little too much to ask? :confused:

And wouldn't it be very laggy if you were playing and downloading content all at the same time? :laughing2:

Anyways just wondering what you guys think of this