What did you think of X-2?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Templer, May 6, 2003.

1. Templer

Templer New Member

What did you think of X-2?

So this is my first thread and I just wanted to know what you guys thought of X-Men 2?

2. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I thought it was pretty good, more of the main characters got to make an appearance, like Colossus, Kitty, Jubilie... they had Hank McCoy being interviewed on tv in a scene... that gives me hope they will bring him in as the Beast in some future movie... They had Gambit's name show up in a computer database, again giving fans hope of a future appearance.

I loved the ephemeral effects of Nightcrawler teleporting! I was surprised he wasn't slightly fuzzy but had angelic symbols on him instead, but that wasn't too bad of an adjustment. (I have a Kurt crush... it was great to see the "fuzzy elf!" ;) ) It was nice to have this movie be less Rouge and Wolvie-centric, and maybe it was just me... but it seemed like all of the main actors did better jobs of getting in CHARACTER... maybe they actually read up a little on the characters background or something.

The special effects were great, but I was really impressed with the expressions conveying emotions in the characters. :D Magneto seemed lost, drained... finally defeated in his attitude, all his expressions and body language... until he got his chance to escape! Then it was like he just lit up and came alive!

OK hope this hasn't ruined the movie for anyone who hasn't watched it!! There's my 2 cents! ;) :whitekitty:

3. Simzer

Simzer New Member

I'm gonna see it soon.

4. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

Ahhh, too many spoilers! :cry: Kidding. :p

I haven't seen the movie yet.... I'll probably just wait until the DVD comes out, since my theater is over-priced for what you get. :)

5. Templer

Templer New Member

The special effects were great and I am looking forward to the entrance of Gambit into the plot. Gambit is really cool and probably one of my favorite X-Men. :D

6. hataz_gon_hate

hataz_gon_hate Be Nice

i didnt see jubilee! i saw siryn though...the one who screamed and broke everyones ears!

7. hataz_gon_hate

hataz_gon_hate Be Nice

where was jubilee?

8. Colonel Froggie

Colonel Froggie Lord of the Frogs

Yeah, i just saw it today...at the end I was like :eek:, but I wont give anything away....

9. Templer

Templer New Member

Jubilee was in it she was one of the kids Stryker took to the dam. Colosus was also pretty cool to see there.

10. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

the way they did nightcrawler was cool...

11. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Jubilee was the girl with dark hair and the BIG hoop earrings. :D She was kind of in the background in a couple of scenes.

12. hataz_gon_hate

hataz_gon_hate Be Nice

which scenes? and in the dam, howd u know it was her?

13. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I knew it was her because she had the right kind of face and hair, plus the type of clothes she was wearing, and mostly the BIG hoop earrings... plus at one point someone called her by name and that made my guess a SURE thing then! :D

14. Templer

Templer New Member

Yeah. She was the one wrpped in the blanket in the sewer like place.

15. hataz_gon_hate

hataz_gon_hate Be Nice

oh...then she was too young there, i guess...

16. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

... how old is Jubilee in the current comic book timeline?! The Jubilee I knew was a young teen runaway living in a shopping mall! 13-16 age range... did they let her grow up in the comics lately? I haven't kept up with the comics since about early 90s... so I may have missed a LOT!

I agree the way they did Nightcrawler was VERY cool. ^-^ I think he will suddenly be a really popular character for a while now!

17. hataz_gon_hate

hataz_gon_hate Be Nice

what could jubilee do again?

18. hataz_gon_hate

hataz_gon_hate Be Nice

her powers i mean...in the tv show, i think i remember her makin fireworks or something like that...

19. hataz_gon_hate

hataz_gon_hate Be Nice

20. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Yes she could make fireworks explosions, that was her power. :)