What do you think of The Sims 3?

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by ManagerJosh, Jun 2, 2009.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

What do you think of The Sims 3?

So what do you think of The Sims 3? :D

2. MegRen

MegRen New Member

I installed it as soon as I got home yesterday and forgot to eat dinner. I was on the computer until after 11 before I finally decided to go get sleep (I still have 2 more days of work left ::sigh::). My facebook status says "Sims 3 is lovely..."

I was a little confused at first, as Gamestop was sold out of the Prima guides (they only had TWO shipped to them - for real?) so I didn't get my reading in before-hand. I decided to just wing it. I never realized how dependent I was on the Prima guides before. It took forever to figure out how to switch the current family to my new sim-me. Graphics and social options are pretty good. I like how different people have different social options based on their traits. I really need to make an insane, klepto, pyro sim to see what he'll do. Should be fun. On the to-do list for tonight (I see a long night ahead of me).

3. Nyx

Nyx The Ever-Knowing

I love it! No problems for yet as of yet...unlike some people from the new forums...:biggrin:

4. kymera

kymera lurker

loss of control...

Looks great... only had one major issue. after spending a couple hours playing my first sim & her fat, inappropriate punk sister... she marries the neighbor & moves out... but then it won't let me play with the new couple... saved the game & tried playing the neighbors house, but it shows them as single... so their marriage only exists in the saved game which doesn't let me play with her because she is now just the neighbors spouse...:shocked::confused::eek:

5. Ruthie_Faye

Ruthie_Faye New Member

I thought there was a way to go from the house she was in and change families. Then start playing the house with her and her husband. Not having the game yet I'm just working from what I've read so I may be misunderstanding.

Ruth

6. Valagil

Valagil New Member

kymera, if you go to the edit neighborhood screen there is an option to switch active families. From there you can choose to play the husband/wife couple :)

7. luvisims

luvisims New Member

Cheat codes

There are some cheats for Sims 3 on ign.com. If anyone is interested.:rolleyes:

8. ManagerJosh

Or you could copy them here :D

9. qwertyuiop

qwertyuiop New Member

I'm loving TS3 the new neighborhood is such an improvement. I never used to go to community lots in TS2 because of all the loading. Plus the views are so much better than the crappy pixelated houses next door. Although it's a tad more difficult now to control multiple families without them doing their own thing. Overall its a great game.

10. Nyx

Nyx The Ever-Knowing

I was stumped for a while when a sim I was playing had a baby and then the real father says that the baby is their step-son...*facepalms*
    I think it was a glitch, but I also didn't do things like get medical advice, or read the pregnancy books...so that might be why...or that the baby was unwanted? :rolleyes:

I'm going to try again with a new family...*sighs*

11. k8mc

k8mc luvvly jubbly

Good and bad...

I've only played for a few hours so far... Love the new CAS and the open neighbourhood is a definite improvement, but I'm not sure about the interactions yet - the way you have to choose from funny, romantic, friendly actions etc. Also, the time controls are failing to ACTUALLY control the speed of time and I can't figure out how to create a neighbourhood, but overall, I'm pretty happy. The new system with books is cool as well :)

12. Ace

Ace New Member

Cheat list from IGN.com

Cheat: Cheat List During gameplay, press CTRL+SHIFT+C to bring up the cheats console. Enter the codes below for the desired effect.

• force service sim [x] - A specific service Sim will show up, where [x] is a name
    • Add to Household - Add the active Sim to the current household
    • constrainFloorElevation [true/false] - Force terrain adjustments regardless of objects, Sims, and other structures
    • Force Event - Click on a Career Building for a random career event
    • Force All Events - Click on a Career Building to display all events for the career consecutively
    • Force Opportunity - Click on a Career Building to force an opportunity
    • force visitor - Summon a visitor
    • set career [x] - Give the selected Sim a career, where [x] is the career
    • Set Career [x] - Give the selected Sim any career at any level where [x] is the career / level
    • shazaam - Gives 2,500 Lifetime Happiness Points to active Sim
    • enableLlamas - Enables llamas, obviously
    • jokePlease - Summon a joke
    • hideHeadlineEffects [on/off] - Hide all meters and effects
    • Modify Traits - Bring up Trait Modification window
    • quit - Quit the game
    • help - Lists all available commands
    • Make Me Know Everyone - Everyone in your town becomes an acquaintance
    • make happy - Gives household perfect moods
    • make motives [static/dynamic] - Makes motives static or dynamic for whole Household
    • make friends for me - Selected Sim knows everyone in town
    • slowMotionViz [x] - Slow motion, where [x] is 0-8 (0 is normal)
    • resetSim [x] - Resets the named Sim with neutral motives, no moodlets, and teleports Sim back home where [x] is first and last name
    • Set Age [x] - Set the age of selected Sim, where age is [x]
    • fps [on/off] - Toggles frames per second in upper right of HUD
    • Edit in CAS - Edit the selected Sim in Create-A-Sim
    • freerealestate - Turn off house costs
    • napObjectsToAngle [true/false] - Toggles 45 degree angle object snap
    • snapObjectsToGrid [true/false] - Toggles snap to grid for placed objects
    • fadeObjects [on/off] - Toggles object fade when camera zooms
    • testingcheatsenabled - Turns on Testing Cheats, for Sims (Shift click) and objects
    • disableSnappingToSlotsOnAlt [on/off] - Hold Alt to avoid object snap when toggled
    • kaching - While on the lot, this gives you $1,000
    • motherlode - While on the lot, this gives you $50,000
    • moveobjects on/off - Move anything (including Sims) in your Buy/Build mode

13. soul_scion

soul_scion New Member

yeh the time control is pretty whack - i mean i'm playing with one sim at the mo(keeping it simple til i get adjusted) and so when she goes to sleep it takes an AAAAAGE before she wakes up even on 'ultimate speed' *shrug* otherwise pretty cool.

14. ManagerJosh

What does everyone else think about The Sims 3?

15. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

I will have to admit that besides a few bugs, the way some things are set up this is a pretty damn good game!
    It could have been a bit better but maybe some things will get fixed in a patch or they'll let us have a neighborhood creator before long!

16. rockymm

rockymm New Member

ive only played 5 mins of it, :( as its not working...

but in that 5mins, it looks awesome...

hopefully ill get it working for maybe 10mins lol

17. ManagerJosh

I hope you got The Sims 3 working :D

18. sookielee

sookielee New Member

So far I really love the game. For me it is the ideal next step for the sims franchise. Going through build and buy modes myself I can understand why people were complaining about lack of content. That in itself doesn't bother me much because there's just so much new game play to explore. Between trait combinations, skilling, socializing, CAST and our old careers reinvented, it will take some time to fully explore all of it. By the time I finish this the first EP will probably be released.

19. debralee1968

debralee1968 New Member

I'm loving TS3. It does take me longer to build lots than TS2, but so far I'm ok with that. Anything that's really gotten on my nerves is more due to my old pc than the game. Hopefully I can swing a new pc within the next 6 months.

When I first saw TS3 I was upset because of how the sims looked, but since getting the game and playing in CAS, I love the new options and look.

20. buzaranha

buzaranha New Member

Hi! :)

I like it. Graphics and the seamless neighbourhood are great. CAST is great. Sims are cute. I always felt the sims in TS2 were a bit ridiculous and ugly. These new guys are really cute. And funny.

Bikes. I LOVE the bikes. All my sims have one. And this relates to some kind of glitch – I'm glad I gave them bikes because once in a while bikes disappear… so do cars… at least bikes are cheap.

Build mode is a dream. I can customize my stuff and essentially I can add plenty of colours to everything… in TS2 I would always be searching for colourful stuff for download. Now I actually look at my houses' plans just for fun, because they're beautiful and colourful. I'm having a great time with the RGB wheel.

What about the neighbourhood editor? I'm sort of freaking out a bit because there's no info about it and last summer there was – it was suppose to be released shortly after the base game. Now there's only silence about it. And the "shortly after" time won't last forever. I'd like to build my own cities :)

Anyway… for now, I have everything I need. It will be a while before I explore everything CAST and the RGB wheel, combined, have to give me – a lot of patterns in the game can be edited until they're entirely different, right?, you guys noticed that. Especially patterns with 3 and 4 channels can be reverted or/and some channels can be eliminated (by placing the same colour in more than 1) – this will create a totally different pattern. I think I'll be playing a long time before I feel any bored (comparing with what used to happen to me with the previous game).

Buz