What Do You While The Game Is Loading?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Mirelly, Jul 14, 2006.

?

What do you do while the game is loading?

Poll closed Jan 10, 2007.
  1. Drum fingers/tap feet/act generally impatient

16.1%
  2. Collect drinks and snacks from fridge

29.0%
  3. Phone all your friends

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yack on MSN or in a chat room

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Exchange text messages with friends

3.2%
  6. Go downstairs, have dinner, watch some TV etc.

9.7%
  7. Take a bath

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Take dog for a pee

3.2%
  9. Do some housework, homework, catch up on reading etc.

12.9%
  10. None of these ... (specify - especially if utterly gross :p)

25.8%
  1. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

You have a vast and amazing command of the English Language, Mirelly I so enjoy reading your posts! LOL, I thought that "froody" sounded familiar, but it's been years since I read Hitchikers...

Your wit and turn of phrase leave me gnashing my teeth in envy...

2. djrules5454

djrules5454 Wiivolutionary

I don't do anything, because I don't really have any downloads for the game. It only takes between 5 and 15 seconds to load. Now my SimCity 4 is a different story. It takes 2 minutes to load my largest cities because I have 1.24GB of plugins in the plugins folder for that game. I probably have another 0.5GB in stuff that installs itself.

3. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

:rolleyes:

Ah, yes .... You can't beat a long soak in a hot ... BITH??? Is that a bath in the kludgie?

:rotfl:

4. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

Yes. In Salford we don't have baths. We have biths.

5. Kimblee

Kimblee Hyperactive Goddess

I mostly run to pee, and grab a bottle of water.

Oh, and decide what to do to the poor sims of Angel valley, where children are raised in the church, and my poor simmy women devote half their lives to the temples.

Its just my most complicated neighborhood, and I have to decide on names before hand, since all the women are family sims, and they get very angsty, only having 15 days to have babies.

6. artistvrd

artistvrd SporeMasterArti

I humm along to the theme song, no I'm not crazy;)

7. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

That's cute. :D

Babies are raised in the church? All is run by the temple? Sounds like the goddess culture that used to exist, pre-Christianity. How intriguing.

8. Kimblee

Yeah, only trouble is, a lack of childers...

since I have only one producing mother....

15 days of service to the church is a logn tiem for my simmies.... many kids can grow in that time...

I'm gonna get a diffrent care taker to adopt back the babies social worker took from the first caretaker.

9. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Somehow that sort of religion doesn't give me a lot of inspiration ... adherents who abandon their children :eek: ;)

10. Kimblee

lol

Its kinda fun though... very aranged marriages...

and ugly teens get grown up fast so I don't have to look at them... :D

11. mEtAlHeAd

mEtAlHeAd O RLY??

I normaly Start up my laptop and play some Heavy metal/rock/metal you know the type of music im talking about.

Since this comp is too "Slabby" to run Windows Media Player + The Sims 2:Nightlife without lag,i always have my laptop beside me :)

Actully im playing TS2 right now,Im typing this on my laptop :)

12. Simon-Grey

Simon-Grey New Member

Haha, i have to say that I do nothing, because the game loads so fast at startup that only one messege slides by, and i dont have time to read it because its done loading before it hits the end of scrolling by the screen lol:D

13. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Mostly I read while I'm waiting. (Got to be there and move the mouse once in a while so that the screensaver doesn't start up while the poor game is loading.)

Sometimes I read my continuing medical education material, sometimes the newest TV Guide or maybe whatever book I'm currently reading.

However, I do sometimes go grab a snack or putter around doing things around the house.

14. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

I take it that you don't have much in your downloads folder. ;)