What evryone been up ta?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by FinalFantasy4ever, Jul 30, 2003.

1. FinalFantasy4ever

FinalFantasy4ever Oh where in the world...

Well i have this little kitty meowin at my like mad tryin to get me to pay more attention to it. but its soo cute:)
    Oh darn...I need to go and get in my room now don't want my dad gettin up to work to find me stil up hehe:)
    g'night/g'mornin all!

2. timz2rules

timz2rules New Member

k, did the update i needed to do on my site, back to watch you notty notty children :p

3. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

Tried to link to your sight/site but nothing happened.

4. timz2rules

timz2rules New Member

its a pain sometimes...i will say that...

5. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Let's see, what have I been up to this summer? Well... unfortunately I've been dealing with a ton of stuff besides being HERE! :p I've been healing up from having the tumor removed and the checkup for that is the 26th of this month, so we're hoping it's all gone and not trying to grow another tumor or anything. I've been dealing with being on my diet for most of the summer and trying not to go crazy keeping track of all of it, but the good thing is I've lost almost 50 pounds now and my health is a lot better and I have more energy. I've been dealing with my chronic pain knocking me out a lot but overall that's been better. And I've been having too many adventures ranging from my brother visiting from Florida, to my parents having me keep an eye on their house while THEY visited Florida, to dealing with friends going through preparations for divorce (but they're now reconciling), to a flea infestation :( , to our a/c going out and having to have it completely replaced BUT they had to have plumbers come too and move the water heater from where it blocked the a/c and we had to move EVERYTHING out of our storage room to deal with that PLUS we were without a/c for over a week in the hottest time of year here. The inside temperature of the apartment was always hotter than outside. :( The thermostat was always above 90 degrees fereinheight! :eek:

Anyway, hopefully my life is calming down now and I'll be on the computer more. :D

I hope most of you have had a better summer!! :p

6. lewdini

lewdini Moderate Sith Lord

I been collecting star wars toys and comics

7. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

ooh which toys and comics? :D The top of the walls in our bedroom is lined with action figures, my pride and joy is a Darth Vadar from France with the label all in French. ^-^ And under the bed is filled with 12 long boxes of comic books!

8. Billie

Billie New Member

i spent a month touring.... Kentucky, Indiana, Ohio, North and South Carolina, and Georgia. Came home 2 wks, then went down to Dauphin Island, and Mobile in Alabama for a couple of weeks.
    Came home in time to get the kids (all teens) ready to start school.

Now, we can sit back and enjoy ourselves while they are in school,
    and try to recuperate from the Vacation.

9. suitemichelle

WHoa! real life has intruded on the forums, hasn't it? Glad to hear you are doing better Faeluna. 50 lbs? what is the diet? I could stand to lose that or more.

10. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I think I like Billie's touring vacation as a better reason for being away doing real life stuff! Sounds like fun! :D But I hope you DO get to recuperate now, I've gone traveling around on a much smaller scale and it's fun but wipes me out!

The diet I'm on is the Atkins diet, very low on carbohydrates and most of the carbs I do eat are fresh veggies. :D Low carb chocolate and ice cream save me from my sweet tooth attacks. ;) It's worked for me pretty well and I've been on and off it for over a year now. I had to go off for an emergency hurricane evacuation, then off again for my birthday so I could have cake (silly I know, but I really wanted a birthday cake!) and then off again for a month this summer to re-set my metabolism when I was healing from surgery when I had the tumor removed. I always gained some weight back while off the diet but I've lost it again pretty quickly once I was back on.

I've had trouble with my weight since I started having my chronic pain and was mostly bedridden for 2-3 years, but I'm really happy to be making progress back to my "normal" health and self again. If you really need to lose a lot of weight you might check with your dr and see if it might be good to try for you too. I've heard it's not so good for just losing 20 pounds or less though.

11. suitemichelle

Glad to hear you're doing better. Yes, it would be a good thing to lose 80 lbs. but that might just be vanity. Blood pressure wise 40 would be a good thing I think. Alot of people like the atkins system. I need to go in for a phyical soon. I'll ask her what she thinks.

12. m o o s e

m o o s e New Member

i been doin the same stuff as my school year, u guys seemed like summer has totally changed ur lives.

13. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Atkins diet = evil. At least that's what I've been hearing from various health experts...(majority say its evil)

14. m o o s e

m o o s e New Member

the only ways to lose weight, is to...

1). eat more, often.
    -as in, eat the same small amount every 2 hours consistantly.
    2). exercise.
    -yep

alota people know this already, its just hard to keep up, but that diet ur on seems alot harder. so many this will be a walk in the park for you

15. ManagerJosh

Gimme a bowflex ultimate anyday :D

16. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

haha I can't STAND the bowflex commercials because I've actually tried to work out on the thing and I kept hurting myself when adding or taking off the bows! :p I think I'd like the other similar system where you just move a lever instead of trying to hook those bows on and off the hooks while they crush my fingers. :LOL:

There are mixed reviews on the Atkins diet, lots of tests have shown that it's worked well on many people, but like anything, I believe that everyone has to figure what's best for them as an individual, we've all got different bodies and health and stuff. I know lots of people are concerned about cholesterol because of eating meat on the diet... but most of my meals I'm getting about what I would get for a serving of meat anyway, just not the bread or pasta or potatoes I would have had with it. More veggies instead. :D I think everyone kind of does the diet differently anyway.

I figure at this rate any health risk I'm taking by being on the diet is balancing out by the health improvement I'm getting from the weight loss... if that makes sense. I keep checking my blood pressure every time I go to the store just to keep tabs on it though because I know that's one of the things people are concerned about with the diet.

17. ManagerJosh

Do you actually have a bowflex fae? I might wanna buy it off ya :D

18. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

My dad actually has it... plus a whole bunch of other work out equipment! Nordicflex gold... air strider...nordic trac...bodyblade... those are the ones I can remember offhand at the moment but there's more! He is CRAZY about working out! :p

19. Bookworm42

Bookworm42 Oh No! Bathtime!

We are seriously thinking of getting a Bowflex and have heard lots of good comments about it...I know that getting more exercise would be beneficial to me...especially once one hits the dark side of 40 (EEEK!! :O) but, as with anything, it takes discipline to actually use the equipment!! and not take the 2nd donut, etc.....Oh, why was I cursed with an under-active metabolism!! lol...I have friends with hyper active thyroids...why, God!! Why couldn't Thou have picked me?!! (Note to God: Just kidding!!!)

20. ManagerJosh

Dang...wish I had enough money to buy one :p :p