What have you made?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by ManagerJosh, May 12, 2004.

1. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Wow! She looks pretty spectacular! I see what you mean about the skin pattern and the line across her neck though. Maybe you'll figure out how to color that so it merges smoothly, but it would be all trial and error! I love how the jacket turned out, which mesh was it from? The sweater with the white shirt collar maybe?

2. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

One of the things I heard about this morning was saving the Sim, then cloning it to work on the tweaking some more. Evidently it lets you do more fine work that way (especially on things around the eyes, such as lashes.)

3. Greenlea

Greenlea New Member

Here are some things I've made.

In the pics of the girl with orange and yellow hair the only clothing I made in those pictures is the green sparkling shirt on the teen. I'm most proud of the green formal dress on one of my alien girls. I've made some other things and haven't made any screen shots yet.

Attached Files:

4. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I *LOVE* your pointy eared girl there!! :D And the formal gown is gorgeous! More screenshots, please!!!! *drool!* :p

5. KatAnubis

I agree with FaeLuna. These are great fun!

6. Greenlea

Greenlea New Member

Here's some more things I've made. The zebra stripes is undies. I should make a zebra striped bikini too though. I wish I'd made the stripes smaller. I didn't do very good on the shading of the gold bikini.

Attached Files:

7. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I really like the first green bikini. :D I see what you mean about the shading on the gold bikini though, maybe add more highlight to the top of the breast near the straps, think of it like sunlight shining down from the top of the sim. ;) I think a zebra striped bikini with smaller stripes would be cool! What did the original outfit look like that you made the grey pants and jacket from? That has a nice soft look to the material, however you did that. :)

8. Greenlea

Greenlea New Member

The original outfit was a pink jacket with the white shirt and the pants were pink and purple vertical stripes. The reason the gold bikini turned out so bad is I opened the black and white alpha file instead of putting the pattern over top of the original. I decided to try to do things differently. I still need to experiment with some techniques lol

9. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Yeah, I was especially please with the jacket myself. I have now put up a Zip file of the bitmaps (640kb) on my website ... for the next 24 hours it'll be easy enough to find just clicking on my "blog" link (below) ... after that it'll be tied up in the archives as "today" - May 17 2004 ...

10. I_bite_138

I_bite_138 New Member

11. Greenlea

Greenlea New Member

Here's the zebra striped bikini. Modeled by the Sim version of myself :)

Attached Files:

12. Tahera

Tahera New Member

My first dress

Hi,

I like the work your`re showing here, especially the hair (gold and green) made by FaeLuna and the zebra bikini made by Greenlea.

Today, I want to show you my first dress. What do you think about it?

Tahera

Attached Files:

13. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

I really like that Tahera. Would you please post the artwork (the bitmap / skin) that is used by that dress.

Some patterns work much better than others and you have definitely got a very good one there.

14. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Hey! I like how the zebra bikini turned out Greenlea!! :D Big thumbs up!!!

And my reaction to Tahera's dress is "Wow!" I actually said that out loud and my hubby had to know what impressed me! :p Did you draw the print/pattern design yourself or work from a fabric sample or what? It's incredible how it turned out!!! It's like it's got an exotic TEXTURE to it!! :)

15. KatAnubis

While I liked the zebra print which was bigger, this one with a smaller design looks much better! Good job! (More please.)

16. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Great to see you again Tahera! Wow, You did some great work with Body Shop :D What's your secret? ;)

17. Tahera

Tahera New Member

Thanks a lot. Yes ManagerJosh, I`m back and I will stay! I gave up my German page (it will be closed in a few days) and now I`ve the time to make more objects for WorldSims.

Never stop learning! Meanwhile I`m able to make simple 3D objects, too.

@ mirelly and FaeLuna:
    The texture I was using for the red and black gown is from this page . There are much more beautiful textures! I think, that it is not allowed to show the original picture here. I modified it (it was mulicolored) with Ulead PhotoImpact and Corel PhotoPaint to get my result.

This morning, I made two new gowns. The pictures are attached. I made the dresses, the black and blue hair, the eyeshadow and the lips of both Sims.

Tahera

My old email does not work anymore! Today, I submitted a new one.

Attached Files:

18. KatAnubis

Very nice, Tahera.

19. Sims2Addict

Sims2Addict New Member

Hello all - Great Work!! The amount of creativity is incredible!

20. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Thanks for the link to the fabric, I see how you changed the colors for it and I like your recolor better! :) I really like the cut detail in the back of your two new gowns too. :D

The necklaces you've made with the gowns made me start wondering more about how jewelry might work in the game... do you think we'll be able to make them as separate accessories like the eyeglasses are now? Or do you think it'll be like the hats and hairclips and we'll have to make jewelry painted on skins or heads/hair?