What should I do?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Bugmeat, Dec 2, 2007.

1. Bugmeat

Bugmeat New Member

What should I do?

I recently started a Saga family (biggest lot live on for as many generations as you can)

Anyway, I was on my first guy just about to turn elder and I get a prompt while at work, I pick one and it gives me 75,000 $. Now I feel kinda cheap, like its to easy now, but I don't want to restart. :(

Do you think it basically spoils it if I get a free huge sum of money?

2. I had the same problem with my Legacy family...its rather rediculous when you get rich early. Try spending that money on lots of random items, or add on to the house, garden etc.

3. Bugmeat

Bugmeat New Member

Yeah, I currently have a very, very big garden. hehe. I'm progressing well now, I've been playing him for about 3 hours alltogether and already have 12 loves, only need 8 more. :D Then I'm gonna settle down and start a family.

4. Vchat20

Vchat20 New Member

I really don't find the money ruins things especially if you plan to legitimately play the lifeline of your family from the beginning. I often end up motherloding enough money when I begin a family just enough to build a comfortable house for them to live in with a small handful of luxuries to boot. It's never really felt like cheating tbh. You just have to put a small bit more effort into playing them normally, that's all.

And like WolfsBane mentioned, you'd probably do good to spend a chunk of that wealth on some random items.

5. simgurl84

simgurl84 New Member

I have a hard time staying with a family once they earn or win a large sum of money. Everything becomes too simple and the house is crowded with items so there is nothing more to buy. Even once their kids return from college I will make them move into a new house because I want them to start off with nearly nothing.

6. Cassiepeia

Cassiepeia New Member

I don't like having really rich sims either. I like working my way up to that, but after they're rich there isn't much to do. I usually let them retire and die. LOL :p

I have to say, I do love it when my legacy sims get a big cash bonus though. I use most of that money making them a huge house or buying a community lot so they or their children can run a business on the side. :)

Cass.

7. Ruthie_Faye

Ruthie_Faye New Member

Yeah either buy a community lot to start a business or go on vacation and stay in the nicest hotels. Vacations are a great way to get rid of excess funds.

Ruth

8. Bugmeat

Bugmeat New Member

Don't have bon voyage, but I did buy a good community lot and already have it ranking up pretty quick im on my fifth generation of the family and I got about 330,000 grand.