What TV shows do you like?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by FaeLuna, Sep 21, 2002.

1. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Grrr.. with my own parabol I think I could get in BBC channels, but as it is now.. nope. *sighes*

2. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

awww :( sorry!! hmmm... know anyone who's house you can go to that gets BBC channels??? hee hee hee...

3. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

No it's not just available here *sighes* We are to far out the borders of Stockholm area..

4. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

oh ok. :( sorry!!

Someday I'll have to ask my dad more about Stockholm, he got to BE there back in the... um... was it the 50s or 60s.... I think the 50s.... :p

5. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Heh... he wouldn't recognize it today Fae. :) It's sooo different.

*hops around*

6. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I was just trying to figure when he WAS there... and realized he was probably there BEFORE you were born!! So I would guess a TON has changed!! :D

7. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Lol Fae. I'm born 1955.. :);) An dyes - it's a totally different city today. :)

8. timz2rules

timz2rules New Member

*did a report on Sweden, now wants to see it in person*

9. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Yes Tim how did that go?? I'm soo curious about the result. :) ;)
    And of course like any other of my friends you're welcome to stay here if you ever comes to Stockholm. :classic:
    Around May-june it's the most beutiful time here I think. It's when the nature once more have waken up after the winter and the nature is fresh. It's also the best time to avoid lots of rain - normally. Chilly sometimes, but nice.. :classic::bunny:

10. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy". Did it show in the U.S.A.? It seemed to me to be essentially British humour, but I could be wrong.
    Foyles War (another Brit thing) is running at present and is very good.
    I thoroughly enjoyed Earth: Final Conflict when the Taelons were about. Has anyone any idea where I can read the book? Perhaps there wasn't a book?

11. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

I've heard about Hitchhikers Guide. It says to be hilarious. Haven't read it, but i want to. :classic:

12. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I've read the Hitchiker's trilogy and other books by Douglas Adams, they're great! I haven't seen the television show, but it has been broadcast in the US before because my friends have seen it. I've gotten to listen to some of the radio show based on it too. :D

I don't know if Earth:Final Conflict has a book but I would think it would....

13. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

Nine, if you have trouble getting a copy of Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy let me know and I will be glad to get one and post it to you. Mind you, you can probably get it from Amazon just as easily.
    It is nice to see that so many people have come across it and enjoy it.
    "Hobson's Choice" was a British film which I thoroughly enjoyed, but I don't suppose that got across the Pond did it?

14. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

We have Sky (at present). Some of our channels come from the States, such as some of the News programmes. Nina, I am surprised that you can't get BBC in Sweden. Can you get any English channels? Your English is very good indeed - you must have had an opportunity to practise?

15. Droz

Droz New Member

We don't get anything from other countries here except "Cartoon Network" has heavily-edited anime, nothing else unless you want to pay for the extra channels (which are really expensive).

16. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

But you can get English books from Amazon or some other web bookseller. I am sorry that you can't get more tv channels. I don't suppose we can get anything else but English, but, then, I speak only English.

17. Droz

Droz New Member

Actually, we do get one Spanish channel.

18. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

It depends where you live and what provider of cabelchannels you have. I can't afford my own parabolantenna and my provider doesn't give us BBC. I have Skynews, but that's about it. There are other channels sending from UK and eaurope as well I have, MTV, Disvovery Europe, uhm and some other. *sighes* Nothing to do about. I don't look much at TV anyway nowadays. I'm here instead. :classic:

English is mandatory in Swedish schools from the 4th grade and all the way up. I lived in Denmark a couple of years and had many international contacts I had to make. Was in Florida 2 months 1982. So, yes I have had some practice and still. I have big grammar faults now and then and suddenly I notice I don't know the words any longer. But I relearn here. :classic:

19. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I'm in Texas, and here we get a couple of Spanish channels from Mexico, a Canadian music channel, and we get BBC America, which has a ton of great British shows on it, I watch Changing Rooms and Ground Force all the time, and Monty Python, and I think Red Dwarf comes on PBS here too!

20. lewdini

lewdini Moderate Sith Lord

Star Trek!!!