What TV shows do you like?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by FaeLuna, Sep 21, 2002.

1. Billie

Billie New Member

I enjoy programming of many different sorts. Law and Order, The Sentinel,
    X-Files, to name a few.....

2. hataz_gon_hate

hataz_gon_hate Be Nice

CARTOONs!!!!

3. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

Some shows I used to watch, and enjoy, when I was younger were: Chip 'N Dale (used to love that show); Spiderman ('90s version); and James Bond Jr. :D. I'd probably still watch these if I knew when or if they were still playing as re-runs on some channels. :)

4. lewdini

lewdini Moderate Sith Lord

U cant go wrong with Transformers cartoon

5. Billie

Billie New Member

Hey Lewdini, that avitar would make a cool screensaver...

6. alapokeygirl

alapokeygirl Very much in LOVE

Don't get too close to it Billie, it bites. :LOL:

7. Billie

Billie New Member

I still like it though...

8. lewdini

And I was going to change it..now i have second thoughts

9. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

heehee your avatar has taken on a life of it's own Lew!! ;)

For tv shows, I've started watching Futurama on a semi-regular basis (when I remember it's on...) and I'm loving it. :p

10. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

:eek: I almost forgot about that show. There was one where the transformers were vehicles (I don't know if there are any other variations to them). I used to really like the leader of the bad guys since he was a semi; I thought that was a really cool show when I was a kid. :D.

:smoke:

11. chrisaguilera

chrisaguilera New Member

well idk if u will have heard of these cuz they're english but i just like stuff like hollyoaks, eastenders, emmerdale (british soaps) etc...but i watch MTV all the time!

chrissy

12. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Yay Chris!!! Welcome back! Hope to see you a bit more now and then. :classic:

13. lewdini

Hey Chris! Welcome back here

14. Gaploxter

Gaploxter <Nicest person ever.

my favorite shows would be: friends, seinfeld, and the simpsons (only the ones before 1999).

15. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

We have to pay for British television (B.B.C.) whether we watch it or not. That really annoys me. Why can't they find their own money instead of taking it from people who can't afford it anyway. Oh - I have just thought - I am not sure whether it is 70 or 75 that you get that service for nothing. If it is the first, then I am nearly due to get it.

16. Bookworm42

Bookworm42 Oh No! Bathtime!

Well, we have that dubious priviledge in Canada too! The Canadian Broadcasting Corp. is famous for it's left-wing propaganda, etc. so most of the Canadians I know rarely watch even though we have to pay for it. :p

On the topic though, I like Friends, Seinfeld and all the forensic science shows on real-life cases plus Ancient History Tuesdays (yah!) :D Stop smirking everyone....I am NOT a Nerd! :cool:

17. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

I suppose that they are tv shows. I like revelations, which is a half-hour programme about canals and the industrial revolution. I like programmes about 'building big', ie about the construction of dams, bridges, tunnels, etc. etc.m And history programmes. And life is too short.

18. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

Here the B.B.C. has some very good programmes indeed, so, I suppose, I shouldn't be too upset at having to pay for it. But it annoys me a bit because we don't have to pay for anything else - they are funded by their advertising revenue. The advertising breaks is when it is time to make the tea, or coffee.

19. lewdini

what about CNN?

20. Bookworm42

Bookworm42 Oh No! Bathtime!

I watch a fair bit of CNN but find that I have to limit it to short viewing slots as it can get rather depressing plus they have a tendency to over-examine stuff on slow news days and I don't like it when they speculate on stuff but have no facts to back up what they are saying....
    I also like shows like, Riddles of the Dead, where they figure out with forensics about whether history books are right about old battles/stories, etc.