Spore What type of buildings and vehicles...

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by leech10, Jun 23, 2005.

1. leech10

leech10 New Member

What type of buildings and vehicles...

What type of buildings and vehicles will you make in the game?

Mine will be like the industrial city that was in the video, and the vehicles I will make will usually be big and powerful with lots of weapons and armor, but they will be slow..

2. strillor

strillor New Member

mine'll probobly be very starwars-like, mixed with a cute scent of cartoonish :laughing2:

3. OverlordBill

OverlordBill New Member

As absolutely fantastic as I can make them. And as many as possible.

I do rather think I'll favor flight. There's just so much room for evolution there...

4. master genesis

master genesis New Member

the type of vehicles i have in mind are spider like and are either huge and powerful or small one manned vehicles that are fast. The bulidings i have begun sketching are tall, dark, and technological and they will be covered in slime. Like if the aliens off of alien made cities. :spin:

5. Night Angel

Night Angel New Member

It's magic themed

6. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

Mine will probably be medium sized, very fast...and good looking :laughing2:

Heat

7. K.Kraden

K.Kraden New Member

I'm hoping that the game will allow us to put buildings very close together so I can make extremely dense cities, and I'm really hoping (but seriously doubting), city planets. The buildings themselves, well, the one race I'm gonna make first will have hexagonal buildings that get smaller as they go up. Think lug-nut Christmas tree.

As for vehicles, the race I am planning is going to use giant crawlers, as big and as slow as I can make em. Flying vehicles will probably be VTOL (if the game supports, which I think is a probability), and ships... well, who knows.

8. El Cid

El Cid New Member

I will create huge buildings for my huge race and huge vehicles to stomp anything in my gigantic creature's way.

9. Kazatan

Kazatan New Member

I dont think ill be able to make cities for my first race as im going to create them as stupid and dumb things that get eaten by everything else :laughing2:

Im going to try and create stuff that fits in niches, so hopefully the game engine will pick some of my stuff from the database to use in other peoples games ;)

10. master genesis

I dont think ill be able to make cities for my first race as im going to create them as stupid and dumb things that get eaten by everything else

So Your race Kazatan is going to be like the chicken of the universe, the other green meat. :laughing2: But if i do meet them and they annialate(sorry bad speller) my race i'll eat my foot.[/i]

11. El Cid

El Cid New Member

If I meat Kazatanian's my species will breed them as food <)

12. K.Kraden

K.Kraden New Member

You forgot to mention they taste like Popplers.

Eat them with honey mustard sauce!
    Eat them with tangy barbecue sauce!
    Eat them with the new cheddar ranch sauce!
    Eat them in the convenient twelve pack!

13. Dumdadum

Dumdadum New Member

We can have vehicles in the game now? whoa, I have so much catching up to do.

Uh.. mine would probably be vehicle/building lookalikes.

14. Astrodog

Astrodog New Member

My city will be a towering metropolis of pointy structures! Think lances.

15. shock

shock New Member

here is another qeustion- can cites be built under ground. if you made a race of moles, could they make their home under ground?

16. master genesis

This may be covered in a different thread, try looking there.

17. I LOVE THEE NOT!

I LOVE THEE NOT! New Member

I'll make them organic structures with a quick heal time if attacked and possibly strike back.

18. BioCat

BioCat New Member

My cities will look like gaint trees and roots, or perhaps huge nests for my flying race. By the way I really liked the slimy buildings idea :spin: .

19. BioPhoenix

BioPhoenix New Member

My buildings will be big ,tall, natural, twisting, white structure yet they will have loads of technology built in (if possible). maybe elvenish

20. Jermatrix

Jermatrix New Member

Well, the creatures and buildings I'm going to make are going to be a scary realistic type like Will talked about in his GDC keynote. Just to give you an Image of what I want it to look like...

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/Jermatrix/Spore Concepts/CityColor.jpg

Then, what I'm going to do is mainly going to experiment with other creatures and planets. Cross breeding sounds like fun so I'm definitley going to do that a lot. I'm mainly going to go for a "Dominate the entire galaxy" species, capturing or blowing up planets with my UFO and such... so to sum up my species and how they act is they'll be aggressive, intelligent, heartless, curious at first, and really a scary type of race. The vehicles will all look modern and scary as well, while the buildings will be sort of built into the earth and looking very organic as well as industrial. The species I really don't know what they're going to look like yet.. but I'll surely make them fit into the whole scary type look.

Opinions are welcome. :spin: