Spore What type of creature..

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by Nightshade, Mar 28, 2005.

1. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

What type of creature..

I was wondering what sort of creatures you all plan on creating? (Underwater,land, big, small, how many legs etc.)

I'm still designing my plan but I might make a large pack of bloodthirsy ogre-giants. Crush the small and the weak!

2. Hawk_Eyes

Hawk_Eyes New Member

I think I'll worry about that when the game comes out and I own it.

3. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

I think my first will be a premade one, so i can explore and see what's the whole business is about....but my 2nd.....You don't want to see it :devil:

Heat

4. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

Oooh that smiley gives me an idea. Evil 6 winged devils from beyond! They'll hunt down humans for food! :mischievous:

5. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

Humans? :rolleyes: *hint*

Heat

6. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

? Whaddya mean?

7. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

I'm not that sure, but i don't think there will be humans in that game...

Heat

8. Nick402

Nick402 New Member

I hope so. I'm thinking of making a skin-colored, two legged and two arm creature with two eyes, a nose, and a mouth, and some hair on the top. Sound familiar? :laughing2:

9. kuhndog

kuhndog New Member

hmm definately underwater!

O
    O
    o O <--- bubbles ;)

10. britlovessims

britlovessims New Member

Lol..same..I will probably just start thinking about it after its installed..

11. boines

boines New Member

I have so many drawings from my high school days of "creature" like things that I might put in the game. Hope they let flying creatures in that would be awsome :)

12. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

I heard that Flying is possible.

Heat

13. Sash

Sash New Member

Flippers, feet and arms can be created, so wings would be logical. If you look at the screenshot which shows the creature editor (http://www.planetspore.co.uk/images1/4.jpg) , you can see the tools at the side. Some of them are obvious, but one of the others may be an option for wings.

As for me, my dream creature would have four legs, two arms, and two claws protruding from it's neck, for holding things in. I'm still dreaming up what else it would have...

14. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

The CAC that was showed in the GDC isn't the final version, that's why i didn't mention it..

Heat

15. Aphid

Aphid New Member

I'm not expecting great underwater effects in the next half-Century so I'll stick with land based.

16. Sash

Sash New Member

Underwater effects? Maybe not...but general surface water effects are excellent. Take a look at Age of Empires III (coming out later this year). it's got some of the best water effects.

But Spore seems to be based around cartoon like graphics, so the water will probably purposefully not be as good as it could be.

17. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

I'm starting to get worried this game will become another dl other players items to have fun game...
    I wanna make my own cool creatures in the game!

(Last post today... night all.)

18. Aphid

Aphid New Member

I want a creature like this:

[​IMG]

Aww :smile:

19. Sapphire

Sapphire New Member

^^that creature looks really cool, i reckon it will be really excting to make up creatures :smile:

20. XPDude

XPDude New Member

I'll make a 3-eyed freak, then a Sim, then a bear :)