Spore What type of creature..

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by Nightshade, Mar 28, 2005.

1. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

How so? If I create the biggest, meanest fighting machine thats extremely slow yet very powerful how could I lose? A medium sized creature will be hunter, Spore will use creatures that can be made so if I make the strongest possible creature then I'll be #1.

2. Astrodog

Astrodog New Member

Mr. Heat, can you help us clear this up?

3. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

Mr.Heat probably wouldn't know, this thing is based on assumptions and Mr.Heat merely knows everything that can be read/watched out there.

4. Astrodog

Astrodog New Member

We may as well put this to rest, since there's no way to prove either of us right.

5. leech10

leech10 New Member

The game will probable make tiny fast creatures that dart around you attacking your weakest spot before running away before you can attack them.

6. K.Kraden

K.Kraden New Member

From the information given to us so far, it appears the game does not 'create' creatures to populate your world, but instead pulls creatures from a MASSIVE database included on the CD or the even larger database on the internet, based on what your current ecosystem is lacking. So... there are still holes that can be filled in to take advantage over the ecosystem.

7. El Cid

El Cid New Member

And what if I cancel the possibility to do so? I download a bunch of noob herbivores then cancel all downloads and prohibit it from pulling new creatures from the CD somehow that could jeopardize my creatures reign as #1 on the food chain. Then theoretically, I would be at the top of the food chain. No other more efficient (i didnt use bigger because size isnt everything) predators could spawn on my world, becoming potential hazards.

8. Astrodog

Astrodog New Member

You will not control the downloads.

9. K.Kraden

K.Kraden New Member

Yes, you will control the downloads. You can decide if they happen or not. Plus, a database comes on the CD anyway, so whether or not you have downloads enabled doesn't matter because you'll have thousands of different creatures anyway.

10. Astrodog

Astrodog New Member

I mean you won't control what creatures you'll get.

11. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

And what they mean is that you can make it so you won't get any new creatures, simply take away the game's ability to access the internet through a firewall and the such and then no more monsters!

12. OverlordBill

OverlordBill New Member

Heat would give his usual non-committal answer to this I'm sure, so I'll try my hand at clearing it all up.

Small and fast creatures will be able to dart in and attack then rush away before getting hit. Alternately, your larger creature could be swarmed by the smaller fast moving creatures and taken down before you could get all of them. A flying creature could swoop down and take a few pecks before flying off again.

There's not going to be one type of design that's superior to all others. Strategy will have to come into play for some matches undoubtedly, but once you hit the tribal stage you'll be fighting with weapons, not claws and teeth.

And as to this halting the downloads vein, you won't be able to stop it from pulling creatures off the original cd files, because I'm sure they'll all be copied onto your computer and stored with the game files. The creature files won't be that large, and as it's been reported there could be thousands stored on the database on the cd, so I doubt you'll create the one creature that beats them all.

13. El Cid

El Cid New Member

Well I am still pondering if you got a no-cd crack, then it would theoretically stop getting new animals now wouldn't it?

14. K.Kraden

K.Kraden New Member

No-CD cracks work by taking all the files that are needed on the CD and placing them on the Hard drive, then remapping the game to read from wherever the required files are. So no.

15. El Cid

El Cid New Member

Then why do you only need to switch the .exe with some no-cd cracks?

16. K.Kraden

K.Kraden New Member

Because the executable still looks for the files on the CD. The new executable is modified so it looks for the files on the hard drive, not the CD.

17. El Cid

El Cid New Member

Ah right, theoretically I could get rid of the species on my HD though, those not being used wouldnt be read, and if it doesnt have to look for them they wont notice them being gone. Which makes me wonder how often it will scan the CD/internet for new species.

18. master genesis

master genesis New Member

Also think of all the other people that think there creature will be top predator if this good is as people are saying thats a lot of "mine will be the best"

19. K.Kraden

K.Kraden New Member

you keep saying theoretically you can do this, and theoretically you can do that, but the game isn't even released yet. How can you say that when you don't know how the game is put together?

It's easily possible that the database will be hard-coded into some necessary file and thus impossible to remove. It's equally as probable that Spore will be impervious to CD cracks as many games are nowadays. Even if you are able to crack the game and remove the database... what do you think will happen once you run the game and the game tries to populate a world, only to find it has no resources? An unpopulated, barren game if you're lucky, a crash if you're not.

If you play the game though you'll come to the point where you can genocide all the creatures you don't want, and then create your own in their place. Wouldn't that be easier than screwing up your computer?

20. master genesis

master genesis New Member

Yeah I going to have to go with K. Kraden with this one I mean why take the risk.