Spore What type of creature..

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by Nightshade, Mar 28, 2005.

1. El Cid

El Cid New Member

So far, Spore is only theory. For us atleast :p

2. leech10

leech10 New Member

Even if there was some way you could change the creature database without having the game crash I won't do it, because i would like having the predators in there, as long as there aren't too many.

3. maxis

maxis New Member

i'm starting to really like this game....

*must get drawing*

4. munch

munch New Member

i'm gunna make Trex :D

then i'll make a race of evil snow men :p

5. maxis

maxis New Member

right i have made some pictures.... lol i'll make some more then get my scanner on my pc and get them on this topic.

6. munch

munch New Member

AWESOME! :D

7. sltlamina

sltlamina New Member

My Creature Is gonna be called...hmmm...Zyo (pronounced ZI-oh) or Zyattik...and It'll be like a dog/cat/other animal all In one...quite tall...6 legs and 2 tails both with graspers on...or maybe hands, And It might also have arms...I'm not to certain...It'll be herbivour and then evolve to omnivore then back, dunno why lol.

8. Mtg mage

Mtg mage New Member

Hi, just found this place, joining and all :party:

First: Im going to make the enviroments parot fish/dolphin. conish body, big head (when I drew them they were cute) two pairs of fins, and a parot beak (of course) could someone try drawing for everyone? :love:

Second:A large, insectoid, reptile. Quadropedial, build kinda like a table, four stalks coming up with hairs (sonar) a circular body under the legs, two arms, and a mouth, might be herbivorous, small, pulling out flowers and stuff, or carnivouros, large, just picking up horses or things.

Third: Spherical, three legs, one eye and one mouth on either side not covered by the legs.

Sound good? :bouncy: :spin:

9. Raveler

Raveler New Member

Ahh, a choice of creature-type.

Anyone ever read Vernor Vinge's "A Fire Upon the Deep" and "A Deepness in the Sky"?

I'd love to make a race of sentient plants, like the Skr0de riders, or a "pack" creature that actually thought across many sub-units...

Then there are the possibilities from McCaffery's "Tower and Hive"- Insectoids, Mrdini...

At least as starting points, it gives me a place to look. But I'm willing to wait until I get the game to make a final decision- on my first creature. I wish the game were coming out tomorrow rather than several months from now!

10. Mtg mage

Mtg mage New Member

:( Its a year :(

11. Silarn

Silarn New Member

I'd just like to mention that I believe you'll be forced to hand-make your original creature. I don't think there are 'presets' you can simply select and run with. Though it's likely you can 'start over' and make a new race, you'd probably be going way back to the bacterial stage. I'd go with the best you can for your first race - make it something you enjoy before advancing to tribal - then playing it out until you get your UFO. Once you do, you'll be able to enter whatever editor you want and go nuts.

While I believe it's been said that plants themselves cannot be made sentient/living, it's likely that you can create a plant-like creature and simply say it's a plant. ;)

As for me, I plan on making a strange but attractive land-based (maybe flying, I dunno) creature to be my sentient race. Personally, staying in the sea for the entire beginning of the game just makes me yawn. :zzz: I'm not going to try and get terribly specific until the game is running on my computer or we get heaps of new info. Even then, I don't know how maleable your creature is from generation to generation so features may simply emerge through that process.

I also plan on cleansing my home planet of anything I don't like and proceed to populate it, high and low, with my best stuff. ( :mischievous: Yes, cleanse the infidels, my precious, cleanse them... ) I'll likely end up with a zoo-o-interesting somewhere to deposit cool stuff on, make themed planets of my own, I dunno. Maybe even just keep some places that are neat in general. I'll probably just go nuts on some of them and see what happens.

12. Mtg mage

Mtg mage New Member

Oh, about the predator thing, it puts in whats MISSING if you make a high predator its not missing a high prodator, see? there will be other predators, but if you put into it, you will be the top, I think the "theres always a higher predator" is kinda stupid :grumpy:

13. Yuewolf

Yuewolf New Member

I'm going to make a hyper-intelligent form of the colour blue.

14. Bonkywop

Bonkywop New Member

Oh, blue rules. I want - no, demand that we can blue-ify our creatures. Naturally I shall create an army of bonkywops, in their unusual kangaroo-wearing-hoodies guise they took when I went through an imaginary animal phase at primary school. From what I remember, they can comfortably walk or hop their way around smothered in dark blue rubbery fur, with hood-like extensions known as 'wops'. Why I still remember all this I don't know, but useful I do, as it would be interesting to see just how effective killing machines they make for. Unfortunately bonkywops were a peace-loving vegetarian hippy species, so they wouldn't last long before having their island reduced to ash by laser-wielding UFOs, likely piloted by their arch nemeses the nefarious wonkybops. At least they had their own theme tune. Hopefully that'll make up for the swift mass extinction I should anticipate.

15. Mtg mage

Mtg mage New Member

That desirves a lmao

16. FireMaker

FireMaker New Member

I want to have a race of T-Shirts with legs.. and arms. and the eyes be right square in the center of it.

And maybe.. like.. a spear type gun thing.. in its 'neck' place.. yeah im weird.

17. WHTJunior

WHTJunior New Member

The way it was explained at GDCE, Will said that your world will be populated with whatever it needs to be balanced, "so you may not always be at the top of the food chain." This doesn't mean that you'll never be, nor that the game will always be trying to outperform you. It just means that, early on, you might not be at the top.

As for removing the ability for the game to import creatures, what's the point? You want to play in a sterile world full of only your creatures? At that rate, you'd have to create stuff for your creatures to eat, then stuff for those creatures to eat, and so on, until you had to make everything, just for balance. Might be fun for some, but seems a bit tedious to me. Besides, that's not how you win, since being the only contestant also means you lose.

18. HolsteinCow

HolsteinCow New Member

I'm going to make a trilobite! :blush:

19. Tye

Tye New Member

Re: What type of creature..

My first will probably be a type of deformed monkey type with two pairs of legs, two pairs of arms, a few eyes, a tail and a bird-like back.

Once I get use to the game I will create water-creatures! :smile:

20. hourendous

hourendous New Member

My first creature or one of my creatures, will be the flying eye guys fomr the final fantasy games, you know what i mean, the flying ehads with wings and giant eyes, im not comlpetely sure why iw ant to make them but i do. Then im going to try to make one of the most complicated creatures for the game to figur eout how its supposed to move, just to try to push the limits on the system, not sure how i will but i will, other things will eventually come to me but thats it for the moment,