What Would You Like to See?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by ManagerJosh, Mar 26, 2005.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

I'm not sure what to say Jiko. I don't see any Merry Christmas. Could it be a cached page?

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Spamming Prohibited. URL Removed.

3. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

I haven't seen Merry Christmas since...well...Christmas either Jiko. Very odd.

4. Jiko

Jiko Lab Specimen Collector

?? It comes and goes - not there now, but wait a minute and it will be back. What's a cached page? (Kept by my computer?) If so, how could I be typing on it in real time... remember, I'm the one who wants Sims for Dummies...

5. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

A cached page is one that your computer automatically brings up from its memory. It does that so that it doesn't have to take the time to post the most recent one.

In terms of this website, it may bring up the new messages but use the old backgrounds. This is more likely to happen when someone isn't familiar with their computer enough to dump their caches regularly.

6. simgurl84

simgurl84 New Member

I want to see more polls about the sims on here. I love replying to polls! However, I tried to get a trend started by posting a poll and only like 12 people replied.

7. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Jiko What browser are you using? What version? Go right to the top of the window (File Edit Tools Help etc) and click Help >> About)

Simgurl85 The trouble with polls is that the question has to interest people or else it has seem to have a point. Most polls miss out by taking themselves too seriously, there should always be a humorous option for the don't know/don't care folks. eg
    "What would you like to see on World Sims?"
    • More downloads
    • More stories
    • More news
    • Podcasts
    • Chatroom interviews with Maxoid
    • Free donuts
    Get the idea?

8. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

MMMMMMMMM. . . Donuts![​IMG]

9. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

This is really rather odd. I'm not getting Merry Christmas but the World Sims forum is now using images from an entirely different website :eek:

The picture shows two screen caps of two websites ... one a TV listings site with a handy ADD THIS PROGRAMME button ... the other is this site showing the same button in place of the new posts button :confused: :( :rolleyes:

So, I'm a testing to see what happens next ... first ...

the TV Listings button [​IMG]

then ...

the World Sims first new post button [​IMG]

I've no idea what you all see but they're both the same cerise ADD THIS PROGRAMME to me ...

I need a vacation ... :eek:

{ PS - the above images were added by using right click >> copy image location then pasted (Ctrl+V) into the url bar for the vBulletin image code insertion dialog box ...

the URLs read as follows:

TV Listings Page Button

Code:
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=Magenta][SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
    http://www.radiotimes.com/images/prog_details/viewProgs.gif
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]

World Sims Button

Code:
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=Magenta][SIZE=2][COLOR=Black] http://forums.worldsims.org/images/themes/worldsims/buttons/firstnew.gif[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]

}

{{edited to add a spooky screenshot of this page ... only without the mention of this edit or the added screenshot ... duh :confusion: }}

Attached Files:

10. slimsim

slimsim Often-Idle Member

Hmm, Have you tried clearing your browsers files?

11. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Yeah it gets cleared out regularly. I let Norton have a free hand during its weekly clean up except when I happen to be busy then it just sulks and pets and complaisn that it can't clean up everything properly if I don't close Firefox.

It has to be the weirdest glitch ever, though. The files aren't even the same name (or physical size, I suspect)

12. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

I fixed it ... had to reinstall FF :rolleyes:

13. Jiko

Jiko Lab Specimen Collector

it's like watching "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" when they have to do a movie scene in a faked foreign language, and the language is computer. Gibberish! Sounds sort of like something, but means nothing to me!

I can bake a terrific pie, though.

14. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

I'll take a dozen :)

15. tinny2

tinny2 New Member

i would like to see some where we could chat to each other whith out getting warnings for not chatting about a subject so that if peaple whant to talk then they can .

16. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

We have it. It's called the Offtopic Coffeehouse. And you can wander pretty far off subject here without getting dinged.

I know I do. :p