What would you Mod in Sims 3?

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by ManagerJosh, Feb 11, 2009.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

But it's a much better cheat code! Instead of one hundred thousand simoleans, we get one billion simoleans :D

2. Nyx

Nyx The Ever-Knowing

hahahahahaha, that is much easier...if only we could all get money that easily. lol.

3. buzaranha

buzaranha New Member

I wouldn't because I don't know how. But I hope something like merola's multipainting comes out quickly after the game is released. And hope there's some code like motherlode too. And moveobjects on/off (basic, I know, but it saved me so many games in TS2).

4. buzaranha

buzaranha New Member

p.s. And Sims PE or similar or whatever that allows me to make famous paintings for community museums or extremely rich sims' homes.

5. clondicke

clondicke New Member

i can understand the half walls to be modded, but i am able to build attached garages to homes, even bylevel attached garages, it is basicly done like in the sims 2, and i dont know what you mean by staris and roofs, they both exist in the game.

6. clondicke

clondicke New Member

I dont know if you guys are aware but there is a better money cheat code then motherlode, hit Control-Shift-C then type in money (and the mount you wish to have up to 99,999,999), that works in my game

example
    money 1500000 = 1,500,000 Simoleons, make sure you exclude the comas when you enter the cheat.

7. clondicke

clondicke New Member

I personaly dont mod, but it would be nice to have a hack/mod to be able to upgrade items such as tv, stereo, computer, sprinkler, ... instantly. that would be nice from my view.

8. ManagerJosh

I'm surprised that one still works! That's one of the development cheat codes.

9. Nyx

Nyx The Ever-Knowing

Hilarious!

10. NephilimNexus

NephilimNexus New Member

My Sims3 wish list so far:

1) Make the blurriness of paintings slowly vanish as skill increases until they become photorealistic/zero blur at level ten. Clear picture painting is something I miss from Sims 2, even if it was a bit unrealistic. However it is quite frustrating to have maxed painting skill and all portraits still come out looking like rochart tests. This is my biggest peeve in the game so far.

2) Riding a bicycle around town should give a small amount of Athletics. Less than jogging, but also with minimal strain as well.

3) Add a trait called "Faithful" - a Sim with this trait will never cheat on their partner, ever. All flirts aimed at them anyone automatically fail. A good thing to look for in a spouse considering the high amount of autonomy in the game, now.

4) If a Sim has a child from someone other than their spouse/fiance/ect then there should be a chance that their signifacant other clues in and dumps them (relationship shifts all the way towards hate for both their new ex and ex's lover). It seems really odd that a Sim can be Best Friend's with one Sim and spawning off kids with that Sim's spouse three or four times without any risk of jealousy so long as the deed was done out of eyesight. In short, a chance that all newborn children will blood tested for Jenny Jones drama festivals.

5) Fixing the bug that causes your normal TAB free-camera to lock into the weird fisheye mode of the cell phone camera after taking a picture with it. Only rebooting the game fixes this. In fact, can we get rid of the fisheye lens altogether while we're at it?

6) A trait for "Smoker." Like the caffine effect from the espresso machine, so long as they have tobacco on them (buy from store, or grow your own plants) they good a positive moodlet for avoiding stress, but if they run out then their stress starts skyrocketing from withdrawls. Lower lifespawn.

7) There are Reward perks to reduce decay on Hunger, Bladder, and Hygine. Why not Entertainment, Social and Energy as well? I'd like to see an "Energetic" bonus to reduce sleep decay, a "Fond Memories" bonus to reduce Entertainment decay, and a "Networker" bonus to reduce Social decay. Obviously these would be expensive.

8) New (old) item: Hydroponics. A single, one full tile unit for $1000 that holds one plant. However, that one plant will never have to be watered or weeded ever again. Obviously would not work on trees. Good for saving grandpa's lifefruit bush while waiting for the kids learn how a garden hose works.

9) Some sort of trophy shelf or display case for all the random stuff you find all over the place. Why do I have store everything in the refrigerator, anyway? I'd like to have a generic, all-purpose trunk that can store any non-food item. Books, toys, rocks, etc. I miss the vacation souvenier's shelves from Sims 2, especially since there is now so much stuff to keep & show off. You can only fit so much crap on a coffee table, after all.

10) Make the taxi actually cost money to use. The speed difference between it and the sports car isn't worth the price tag three times higher than the house it's parked in. As it is now there is no reason not to just use taxicabs for everything & forever, because they're fast & free. If they actually charged a fare people might actually see the long term benefit of owning their own vehicles for a reason other than eye-candy/ego gratification.

11. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Yes some kind of empty shelving to display all the jewels and rocks and stuff would be neat.

12. ManagerJosh

Anyone want to start working on it? I'd be happy to provide project space.

13. Valagil

Valagil New Member

I wish I knew how :depressed:

14. Nyx

Nyx The Ever-Knowing

ditto...

15. Looktothestars

Looktothestars New Member

Hum, if I could mod...sooo many possiblities...

1. The one that bothers me the most is the one where the Sim has a perfectly good car, but uses the cab or walks or bikes. So I would mod that so it would stop doing that and maybe add some animation of getting INTO and OUT OF the car.

2. I love ghosts don't get me wrong, but the noise when you have soo many of them. I don't want to completely turn off my sound. I don't know, modify the sound so that it is less loud.

3. The fish tanks need to be bigger to hold more fishies. Or am I missing something, because its only letting me put in one at a time >.>

4. I kind of miss the hot tub from the old sims, because I would stick all my party guest into one and know it would be a good party. Now I have to actually interact with them, how horrible is that? :p I was thinking of maybe modifying a small pool to be like one.

Alas, I would mod these if i had the time and ability. I can animate, but not for gaming purposes. That and I'm in college, you aren't allowed to have time for anything else. Eh, I give up sleep for sims sometimes anyways >.>

16. swmeek

Yeah I'm kinda getting tired of them doing that too with the cabs although at least it doesn't cost anything when they do.
    Also that thing they do when they return home gets on my nerves too.
    As far as I'm concerned they can stop at the mailbox and not have to run all the way inside the front door to "get home" !

17. cleric05

cleric05 New Member

why didn't they just add the un-trademarked expansions of sims 2? if i could mod, i would most def add all previous sims buy/purchase items.

And i would most def mod it so that way i could add my own pier/dock and have boats on my beach front property. at least that way i could jump in a boat and go fishing.

another thing would probably be to add/mod maybe mini games for like work, or like when i send my sim to play virtual reality, or play video games

maybe on the same note, when gaining a skill, something not too hard but when gaining skill points have a question to answer and if answered correctly a "boost" of skill would be added to the skill meter

that way ur a little more involved with the skill learning rather than fastforwarding through some book reading sessions

18. swmeek

Good idea about the skill gain!

19. cleric05

cleric05 New Member

psh! i know right? i totally should have been a developer lol!:silly:

20. swmeek

heh heh heh
    but then you'd have to put up with some idiot company's rules about what to do instead of what you think is the better way to do it! :rotfl: