What's New Now?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by surprised_by_witches, Aug 5, 2007.

1. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

What's New Now?

Hi everyone,

This is a new thread because the old one was 95 pages and getting a bit topheavy. This is the thread to talk about what's happening in your RL, don't be shy--we aren't. :D

So, what's new?

My husband gets an unexpected vacation next week--unexpected but deserved!--he's the bread baker for a local cafe and most of the time it's like they can't live without him! :rolleyes:

So, we're very happy he gets four whole days off. We're just trying to figure out how to spend our windfall: fixing up the house or going somewhere? Hmmm ... decisions, decisions.

In the meantime, I can't wait to find out what happened on Mrs. Crumplebottom's outing! Some interesting things have transpired in Veronaville as well . . .

(old thread found here: http://forums.worldsims.org/showthread.php?t=8443 )

2. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Interesting things have been transpiring in Veronaville for quite some time now. ;)

Thanks for the new thread. :D

3. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

SURE - TEASE us with vague hints about what might be happening in Veronaville, and then don't post anything! I see how it is!!! (And same to you, Lynet, regarding the Crumplebottom Affair!) :confused:

4. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Sorry. :eek: I haven't had much free time lately. Last weekend was the first for a while and I played sims for two solid days in order to get the pictures I wanted, and to think over my plans for the story.

Tonight my husband and I are going out to dinner because it's our anniversary. :)

Believe me, I'm VERY anxious to get Mrs. Crumplebottom all settled down and the story finished before I go to California on August 25th.

Meanwhile, you and SBW, are also distracting me because both of you have really exciting stories to read. :D I was going to write a little this morning, then saw that there were updates in the library and read those instead. Now I've got to get to work.

5. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

Congrats! Hope it's super romantic!

What's new with me? I'm sick! Sick as a dog...well at least I was on Saturday for sure, today is the first day I've really felt like being on the computer. Saturday I had a fever of 102; Sunday 100-101; Monday 100ish, so I finally went to the doctor. Bronchitis with a sinus infection and a developing ear infection on top of it all! Ugh...so I'm on antibiotics, oral steroids, inhalor, cough syrup, and advil. I'm a freakin walking medicine cabinet. I am going back to work tomorrow...hopefully I can make it a whole day.

Good news is that my wedding dress arrived super early to my parent's house already! It wasn't supposed to be here till November 9th!

And I promise once I get all the pictures downloaded to my computer I'll post some of the cooler pictures of my Boston/Nashville trip and tell you all about it.

6. slimsim

slimsim Often-Idle Member

I lost my Mod position here because I haven't been around at all.
    Oh well, I deserved losing it for not visiting!

But I'm hopefully back now!

7. JohnEZ

JohnEZ The Mac Guy

I gained 17 pounds over the summer. I'm not happy about it. I'm trying to work it off.

Lynet, congratulations on your anniversary :D

Shana, hope you get well soon. Congratulationds on the wedding dress :D

SBW--thanks for the new thread :D

Slim: welcome home :D

To all a good night :D
    -John

8. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

Ooo new name for the Offtopic Coffeehouse! Chit-chat: I like it! Suits me fine *nudge nudge* and I like the new What's New thread too, SBW.

Anyway, I just got back from a long holiday in England. It was great fun. Met a few old buddies and did some crazy activities like white water rafting (in Wales) it was great - I got soaking wet!

And (get this) I WENT WATER SKIING!!!!!! :eek: *dies*

:D I'm very proud of it 'cause I've never done it before and I thought I was going to fail miserably. But after millions of tries, I managed to do it! It was buckets of fun (literally lol) but very hard work on the arms.

Good to be back home, though. :biggrin:

9. Odinmoon

Odinmoon Creator of organised mess

Lol Muffin I remember my first water ski out on the ocean.
    I skied 50klm Well after that I couldn't walk for a week. :D
    I wish I went to England. I sorta miss it in a strange way.:rolleyes:

10. muffin-tacos

Ouch. I can understand that though. I skied about 10 meters and I was exausted after that!! Blimey. I have no idea how you could manage to ski for that long. Just thinking of it makes my arms ache!

11. Odinmoon

Well when you do it on the ocean Its a little more bumpy lol and you put ski rope around your back. And the real trick is to relax.:) I get up to 100klm so its not that long. But it hurts when you fall at that speed. One time i had black bruises all over my body. :eek:

12. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Hope we see you more of you, Slim! Sorry I didn't notice you back before ... I've been sort busy and kept forgetting to post in this new wgat's new thread and so I didn't get subscribed to it.

What's new with me? On Friday morning I had a premonition and seriously considered going out to buy a Lotto ticket ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6941673.stm

Waaaaaah!!!! Why didn't I buy a ticket? :mad: (I woould've treated all WS members with 300+ rep points to an Alienware puter and a ginormous caribbean beach-party/cookout ... so they could collect it in person (of course I would also have supplied strecth limo to the airport and 1st class air for the WS-er + SO. LOL a million $ party with another mill on the party favors ... small beer :p

13. Chee-Z

Chee-Z The Go-Kart Mozart

Ah well, I had a lovely vacation two weeks ago, but uh...well...the bf and I mutually went to Splitsville afterwards. The long distance relationship finally took its toll and quite frankly it's been on the rocks a long time. The vacation was a confirmation. :eek:

I've gone through "the stages" and right now I'm fine. Fortunately in a week or so I'll have school to keep me occupied. :)

And yes since Splitsville I've had more time for Sims! :D

14. Odinmoon

Welcome Back Chee-z. :)
    Sad to hear BF :( But as they say even though I'm a cynic. There are plenty more fish in the ocean. You just goto live near the ocean and have a good fishing rod.:)

15. muffin-tacos

Haha, that's pretty good actually. :rolleyes:

Ah, yes, Splitsville ain't a pretty place -- *cough* most of the time.

What's new with me? Not much really. The phone was ringing all day yesterday. My friends called to welcome me back and say thanks for the postcards I sent them. I had lunch with my lovely grandparents. That was nice. And I've been working on my stories for the Library. Hopefully there will be another one up there soon. :)

16. JohnEZ

JohnEZ The Mac Guy

*sits*

You have no idea how long it's been since I've been able to do that. A few friends of mine and I have been planning a picnic for today and I've been cooking, cleaning, and doing other picnicky things all weekend.

In other news, my Mac's Superdrive isn't reading CD-Rs. So, if I can't resolve the problem, off to Apple she goes. :rolleyes: I'm glad I bought the Applecare warranty. :D

Glad to hear ya'll are well. Sorry you didn't buy the lotto ticket, Mirelly. :(

17. Chee-Z

Chee-Z The Go-Kart Mozart

Ah yes I know there's a fish out there with my name on it. A week of thinking about it made me come to that conclusion. :D

It also helps to run out and buy one of those Nintendo DS Lites. My bro's liking this phenomena that is Pokemon (though so am I, it's cute!). We've never had a Nintendo product before. :eek:

18. surprised_by_witches

Wow, I am way behind. So much going on in everone's lives. What's going on in mine is I finished this, not sure what to call it, installment? season (like a TV show?), of Veronaville today. Still waiting nervously for comments *cough*. I'm already thinking of ideas for the next, but it won't be part of the contest. We're going on vacation and then work's set to get crazy busy.

Lynet and Sacha and Muffin are all writing exciting stories, and I wish Michelle would post some more installments of her excellent story about Diz Aster. Such good writers we have here, people: get reading!

Sorry about the weight gain, John, and I sympathize: it's a constant problem in my world too. Sorry you lost mod privs Slim but I have no doubt you can earn them back. And sorry you're so sick, Chee-Z! That stinks. And I think I'm sorry about the BF, Muffin, but only if you are ...

What's new with me is I keep injuring myself. Yesterday I wrecked my thumb fixing the toilet, ran over my middle toe with our heavy, not quite plumb back door (OW!), and the kitten saw a big dog and ran right up my front and down my back. Note to self, do not hold kitten near window.

But, we're going on vacation next week, to a hotel with a water park, hotel for hubby and me, water park part for Witch Baby, and the next Monday's our anniversary so we're ditching the kid at a friend's house Saturday night and hitting the town.

Happy anniversary, Lynet! How many years now? Hope you and Ed had fun.

19. JohnEZ

JohnEZ The Mac Guy

Sorry to hear about the constant injuries, I know what you mean about that... but unlike your stuff, mine is just out of being clumsy--tripping up/down stairs, slamming fingers in drawers, and who can forget the occasional walking into walls. :rolleyes: loads of fun, right?

Anyway, congratulations on your Anniversary. Enjoy your time with your husband, and have fun hitting the town. :D

20. surprised_by_witches

Oh, this is definitely clumsiness. :eek: Some days are better than others. No injuries today, for example, but I probably just jinxed myself.

Thanks for the good wishes! I think we will have some fun. :)