What's New Now?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by surprised_by_witches, Aug 5, 2007.

1. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

Draw attention to yourself is right. How would it look if somebody walked passed you and thought you where making cat noises? LOL.

Funny video, BTW, it's so typical. When I was sleeping over at a friend's, her cat wouldn't leave me alone. He wouldn't even go away when I poked him with my foot, instead he came and curled up by my head, purring (after giving me an "excuse me!" sort of look). It was all very sweet if I hadn't been dead tired and a tiny bit allergic to cats. Guess if I was doing a lot of sneezing after that.. :rolleyes:

2. Lynet

Lynet New Member

I've been meaning to say, Muffin, that you're avatar is really fascinating. I love it, the sprite in the leaves. :)

3. muffin-tacos

Why thanks muchly, Lynet. :) I had to do a bit of photoshopping before I was completely happy with it -- it was too green from the start. (I think I've posted something in my blog about this, with pictures.)

4. alliekat

alliekat Insert quirky comment

What's new is I went and saw Hairspray for the 3rd time yesterday. I had a girls night with some friends, and one of them hadn't seen it before. We fixed that for her. I still can't get over how good it is. And yes, now I have all of the songs stuck in my head again :D

"The blacker the berry, the sweeter the juice. I'd say it ain't so but darling, what's the use?..."

5. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Just don't tell us you or your friends are crushing on Zac Efron :p

6. alliekat

Not me so much, but one of them is. Then again, she also drools over Elijah Kelly. Me, I'm more of a James Marsden fan. Those eyes are gorgeous ;)

7. ManagerJosh

Dum dum de dum..Call this an um...early birthday present :D ;) :D :D :D :ducks: :ducks:

Attached Files:

8. alliekat

Yummy, thanks Josh :D! He's now my new wallpaper. Hmmm, don't know what Ash'll think of that :eek:. He'd be a good avatar, but I can't cusomize yet. I just have to post more I think :p

9. muffin-tacos

Oh cool, I want to see Hairspray too! Maybe for my birthday present? How is it? Well, I'm guessing that you think it's good since you've seen it three times. ;)

10. alliekat

Absolutely muffin, loved it. By the way, Ash retaliated, and when I woke up this morning, Jessica Alba was the desktop :rolleyes:. Cheeky.

11. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

I still think the original Hairspray was better. And the kid who played the Zac Efron role was also quite yummy. I think he went on to play Elvis in a show about Elvis's early life. I hear he quit acting to become a pastor to underprivileged kids in Harlem. Good for him.

And John Travolta just can't out-drag Divine. No one can, dahling. He did it as a lark. For Divine it was a way of life.

Jessica Alba, hmmm. I think you should call him and raise him a Johnny Depp. :p

12. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Well I am feeling a little sad, at the moment. I just heard that local "character" has just died.

I first noticed Fred's existence 30 years ago, when an serious accident closed the the main traffic artery (the M6) in the evening rush hour and, using my local knowledge, I took a detour through Wolverhamtpon, around its new ring road, to get home. I recall see a rather dilapidated tent made from old tarpaulins half hidden in the, then still relatively small shrubs and trees that would one day become a small but beautifully formed micro urban forest on the median strip.

I remember clearly, wondering about why someone had set up home there ... and why the authorities seemed to have left it alone.

30 Years on he has finally received his eviction from the one server of evictions that no one can ignore. During that time he has been loved and cherished by all the city's residents. The university students helped maintain his tents ... I remember, during one bitter spell, seeing that someone had dropped off some industrial sized propane tanks and heaters.

Please take a moment to share this lovely man's life: Goodbye Josef (A BBC Local Webpage)

He even has a facebook page http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2226898476

13. ManagerJosh

Zac Efron is played by Zac Efron :p

14. surprised_by_witches

???? I meant, in the original movie Michael St. Gerard played Linc, the same character played now by Efron. What are you talking about?

So sorry to hear about Fred, Mirelly. Modern society can be rather ruthless so it's good to hear about someone not of the mainstream who was nonetheless valued and looked after.

15. alliekat

Hehe, I already have a small poster of Johnny Depp on my wall at work. It came in one of the PotC movie books, so I claimed it as mine and now there's a Jack Sparrow staring at me all day. I love going to work :D.

Sad to hear Mirelly, it's amazing how looked after he was though.

16. Odinmoon

Odinmoon Creator of organised mess

whats new with me.
    Well I have been feeling very sad.
    I went to my stepfathers funeral today. And I felt totally rejected.
    Being a step son, you never even get a mention or a talk on how you feel.
    I sat at the back of the chapel and felt like it was a in a surreal environment. My step brother his son got to speak about him , but i was not invited to speak of the things that I felt. I'm really sad. :(. Stepsons are nobody's. When my mom died It was as if I did not exist any longer. I loved him, but never was excepted in his family. So I was just a stranger sitting in the back of the chapel. all his friends and my brother were invited to speak of their feelings. I wasn't. :cry: it's really hard being a stepson, You become second class.
    Sorry for putting a downer on this topic, but I have no one. Left in my life to talk about my feelings. :cry:

17. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

So sorry to hear you're feeling that way Odin. I've seen Brandon treated the same way in his step-father's family. Three years ago we went to his step-brother's wedding. They did pictures and had everyone in the family in the picture; including Brandon's mother....but not Brandon. He didn't seemed bothered by it but it did kind of bother me. When I threw the 30th surprise party for him as well non of his step-brothers bothered to come; even though the invite was sent a month in advance. I've seen it happen with him and I can understand to a point what you're going through. So sorry; it does suck. ****hug****

18. surprised_by_witches

Some people have no idea of the hurt they cause others by excluding them. I'm sorry this happened to you, Odin. We're here for you!

Is there a counselor or a pastor or someone you could talk to? It might help to have someone to talk to in person. Maybe the person who presided over the ceremony?

Just some thoughts. Sending good ones your way.

19. Devluvsdogs

Devluvsdogs Current Simmerr.

Can i join in this?

20. muffin-tacos

Aw, Moony, that really does stink. So sorry about your step-dad passing away.:( Here, have a hug from me. *sends hug in an envelope to Australia*

You know we'll always be here for you but like SBW said, it could help to talk to somebody in person. When my grandfather died, my mum talked a lot to a pastor (he had a really slow and nasal voice, btw, I didn't like him. I thought I should add that heh :eek:) I think that helped her out a lot.

Sure you can. No need to ask. Just drop a comment here and there about what's new in your life at the mo.