What's New Now?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by surprised_by_witches, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Odin, I am truly appalled to hear how you feel. I think that when we feel hurt by the actions or inactions of others it is little consolation to know that those responsible probably had no malice in their hearts. I have a close affinity with anyone who is being shunned, or has been shunned, or in some other way discriminated against. Sometimes people really suck. I hope you that can maintain a good relationship with your brother, who, I assume is younger and for whom, you represent one of his closest living relatives ... if not his only close living relative.

Dev (who loves dogs) please feel free to join in whenever you want. Just say what's on your mind. :D

2. Odinmoon

Odinmoon Creator of organised mess

Thanks guys for your warm hearted response.
    Yes My brother only has my little sister and I left. Problem is we have grown distant. I come from a totaly disfunctional family.:( I have tried over the years to bring us together and failed. So now I move on into a different future.
    I'm ok now. I just have to think posative. :)

3. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

I want to add my sympathy to what the others have been saying. I am very sorry that you are having to suffer "the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune". But keep reaching out to your brother and sister because you never know what will touch them and make them reach back.

Also, just wanted to let everyone know I won't be around much until late December, because my hubbie and I are in a full scale original musical at church. and so far it's great fun and like no other christmas play I've ever seen (5 performances the 6th thru a matinee on the 10th.) and then there is the possibility we will be in Singapore for a couple of weeks.... (tho I have to confess I hate saying anything on the chance it will jinx it... I know, so silly.)

4. Odinmoon

Odinmoon Creator of organised mess

We will miss you suitemichelle . Good luck.:)

5. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Woo! Sounds like you have a busy few weeks ahead, Michelle. Hope everything is as much fun as possible. Now, aren't we supposed to say: Break a leg! :D

6. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Darn! I guess that means we'll have to wait until the new year before we get a new chapter for Flirting with Diz Aster! Oh well...it sounds like you will be having some major fun there! Break a leg, and here's crossing my fingers for your Singapore trip!

7. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Yes, how dare you go and have a life. :D

Break a leg, and post some pictures of the musical, and your trip! We'll look forward to hearing all about it.

8. surprised_by_witches

Sorry to double post, but just had to tell y'all: I finally got Wifi! It works! Wheeee! Thanks to Sacha for being my guinea pig and testing to see if I could even get it in my brick-walled house. (Our TV reception isn't so great, so I was a bit worried.)

I am finally out of the dark ages! We've had dialup for like, ever.

Of course, I am now officially dangerous. Watch out, download sites. (Rubs hands together with glee.)

9. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Congratulations! Butter get a bigger Hard Drive! Now next time I come over for a Simming Day, we can also tour some sites! Cool!!!

10. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Go see lewdini and sugar_junkie if you are in Singapore :D :p

11. surprised_by_witches

Complete nonsequitir: Here are my dog and cat at Halloween. Not sure which one's cuter!

Just thought y'all would like to see them.

Attached Files:

12. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

That's one not happy kitten... :whitekitty:

*votes the dog is cuter* :bunny:

13. Devluvsdogs

Devluvsdogs Current Simmerr.

his face looks like he is about to get dressed up as a princess....

14. surprised_by_witches

Who? The cat or the dog? They're both a couple of pretty pretty princesses, actually. What a couple of divas.

I agree the dog looks cuter in this picture. The cat's cuter in action. She's not nearly as grumpy as she looks. :)

15. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Wah! :hissyfit:

/me wants a tabby cat like SBW's

16. surprised_by_witches

She's half Maine C@@n (I can't believe I can't type that word), 9 pounds at 7 months old, likes to attack the water in the sink, has a teeny little mew, is a total brat to the dog, assaults you if you have sushi or cream cheese frosting on you, purrs louder than a 747 (I swear they can hear her in Spain), sits on your lap on her own terms, lies around on the balcony railing like it's a hammock, loses her bones if Witch Baby--and only Witch Baby--picks her up, chases anything that moves, and, oh yeah, killed her first mouse last week!

So yeah, she pretty much rocks. :D

The dog's still not sure what hit her.

17. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Aw ... I've always wanted a Maine C00n. My own cat brought home a live mouse the other night. She lost in in my bedroom (waking me up in the process) .... :rolleyes: It's still under the tallboy, darn it, I'm toying with putting out some food for the poor wee critter. What do you think a mouse would like after starving for 36 hours?

18. surprised_by_witches

You're going to FEED a mouse? :eek:

You do know that's how you get more meeses, right? It tells one friend, and it tells two friends, and so on and so on . . . Hey everyone! This human's a sucker! :D

Bleeehh. Mice. Stinky little poop droppers.

19. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

I like mice. They're cute. :)

I once saw my neighbour's cat playing with a mouse (cats are so cruel, they toy with their food before eating it -- if they even bother to do that in the end). Well anyway, poor cat made the mistake of dropping the mouse infront of me, expecting to get praised but I told it off while the mouse ran for it. She looked at me like she was saying, "aw, but it was fu-un!! Come on, cut me some slack." That didn't put a mark on our friendship though. She still runs to me when I come home from school, if she's out. (I swear, she's like a puppy in a proud cat-like sort of way. She's so cute!) I think she sits waiting for me outside my house, it's so cute. She's called Milady. Hmm, I wonder if I can get a picture of her some time... BTW, I don't feed her. We just have little grooming sessions now and then.

And guys, I think I know a way to bust this censor system. Just write the word in italics. Lemme try. **** Naa, it didn't work. Still can't write the cat breed. I think it works in the library though. It let me write "d@mn" in italics anyway.

20. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

LOL at SBW ... when I was a student we kept two cats in our inner city slum dwelling. Eating we did at the excellent and cheap balti houses so when our street was converted from coal gas to natural gas we all had a good laugh when the engineers found mice nesting in the rock-wool insulation around the oven.

But yeah, I was actually joking about feeing the mouse. :rolleyes: