What's New Now?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by surprised_by_witches, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Lynet

Lynet New Member

I guess I haven't been around too much, at least to post, although I've been going right to the library to read new chapters.

Chee-Z, I'm glad to hear you are recovering OK.
    Odinmoon, you should write a book about all your adventures. Every time I come here I'm reading about yet another one. :shocked:
    SBW, how can you get any writing done with all that action in your house? :D I think you need armor, maybe chain mail.
    Muffin, congratulations on a new skill. My husband skis, both water and snow, and has tried to talk me into the water. I tried snow and decided I didn't like having to run into fences in order to stop. (I couldn't figure out how else to stop.) As for water, I'll die before I let anyone see me in a bathing suit. :eek:
    Get some rest, John. :rolleyes:
    Mirelly, go buy a ticket.

I'm still with the old job, putting in some long days, but Friday is the LAST and I'm done with the old! Then a week off. Then a week in California. And THEN my days are booked solid through the end of the year, one audit client after another, or so I've heard.

So I'd better do 4 months worth of simming next week. :D

2. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Hope you're also planning on writing! I'd hate to have to wait FOUR MONTHS to find out what happens to Mrs. C, Dr. K and Marsha!

3. Lynet

Lynet New Member

That's my plan, to finish the story next week. Sometimes, however, sims lead me in directions I had not intended, nor expected. *sigh* So I'm faced with a fork in the road.

You know, I always start out with big plans, hand out the story script, and say, "Here's the part you play. Stick to it!"

Then they adlib all over the place. :(

4. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Man, isn't THAT the truth! I downloaded one of those hacks that allow Sims a little more autonomy and free-will, particularly in the Romance interactions...Imagine my surprise when one of my main sims suddenly started having morning sickness! I'm like, "Just what have you been doing, Missy, and just who have you been doing it with???"

So then I'm faced with, do I write it into the story, or just pretend it never happened? (You know, start taking pictures of the now-pregnant sim from the neck up, and later just try to ignore the strange child who suddenly starts showing up in the back ground).

Well I ended up writing it in, but you'll just have to wait and see who get's pregnant, and who the father is, won't you! :rolleyes:

5. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

:rotfl: I love that hack! :p

6. Jazz

Jazz Vintage User

That hack, do you remember what it's called? I think i had it before i cleaned out my download folder. Will it mess up my game though?

7. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

It depends on what you mean by "mess up." If by "mess up," you mean more unexpected flirting, unplanned pregnencies, more jealous temper tantrums, then the answer is yes...it will mess up your game.

If, however, you mean will it cause my game to slow down to a crawl and eventually explode into a GBFBVFS, then no, I don't think so. It seems to be prety well tested and stable, but of course you are always taking a risk with any hack.

As for what it's called, I don't think I'm allowed to say on this site (being a family site and all), but i think that I can tell you that it's a twojeffs hack over at moreawesomethanyou.com.

8. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Ooh no you can't mention that ... especially as TJ has moved his hacks to a place of unspeakable evil. So don't go pestering the MATYlanders for Two Jeffs detail cos they're apt to get medieval on peoples' buttocks who do.

9. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Thanks for the warning, Mirelly! It is always an "adventure" perusing MATY, and not for the faint of heart! My philosphy has always been, "Don't go poking the natives with sharp pointy sticks!" and "Never make eye contact" when visiting there! :rolleyes:

10. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

you can do a web search for two jeffs sims2 and find him and stuff.

11. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

Allrighty people, you asked for them!!! I got wedding dress pictures in my blog!

12. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

Oh, I dunno if you can call my water skiing a skill exactly. :silly: I got more skill at falling in than water skiing.

I hate skiing on snow. My mum loves it though and she's really good at it. One winter she made us go out skiing with her and what a disaster that turned out to be! It all ended with me, my sister and brother lying in a heap in the snow with our skis tangled in each others, hogging up all the space so that the pro skiers couldn't get past us! Mum never made us go skiing with her again. :rolleyes:
    As for stopping, I think your supposed to put your skis in a V shape, but how your supposed to do that without falling and twisting your legs in awkward positions, remains a mystery to me. :eek:

13. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

Oh and Shana, the wedding dress looks gorgeous on you! You look really slim! Congrats on the weightloss. Hope all goes well with planning for the Big Day. :)

14. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

LOL ... I really should read before looking at the pics. I was a little worried until I went back and read. Shana, that dress is beautiful and so are you. I can easily picture it on the day ... but I am looking forward to seeing the wedding pics.

This is high praise from me. I hate wedding pics because I like so few bridal gowns ... one is obliged to say something and mostly I feel despicable because I have to lie. I have kept quiet thus far because I didn't have to say anything. I don't have to say anything now, so I am happy to say the dress is gorgeous and so are you. :D

15. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Oh, Shana, you look so beautiful. I am really looking forward to your wedding pictures.

I got some nice news from my brother. Disney/Pixar is building an animation studio in Burbank, CA. My brother has been appointed project manager in charge of the electronics installation. That's the 3D screen rooms, the post production suites where they add music, voice overs, do the film editing and such. Cool, yes! :D My brother is quite excited about the project, which will last 3 or 4 years.

And my high school is having a 40 year reunion in October. I've dusted off my yearbook and looked at the photographs of all my classmates. And me! Hard to believe I was 18 once upon a time. I should scan in my HS picture and use it as an avatar until the reunion and then replace it with one of my granddaughter. ;)

I don't think I'll recognize anyone. :eek: All those old people trying to dance! Actually, old people are a lot of fun to hang out with. We just don't photograph very well.

16. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Now that makes a great signature ... I might steal it :rolleyes:

17. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

Thanks Mirelly!!! Believe me when I say it looks even better when it fits and the shoulder part actually lays right! There aren't a whole lot of bridal gowns I like either, so many are strapless with big poofs right now that it looks like a girl is sitting in a pile of marshmellows.

This dress actually wan't my favorite at first but was my mom's from the beginning. When I first tried it on in a wedding dress size 20 it fit in a similar way this one is currently fitting. 3 weeks later after loosing 10lbs we went back and I tried it on again and it zipped up and it was amazing! After loosing 30 total pounds we went back again and it was too big; the guessed with my weight loss I would fit into an 18 within a month. So we ordered the 16; which is comparible to a street size of 12 for those of you wondering. Yikes! I'm at a street size of 14 now, and planning on stepping up the exercise/diet routine so I'm hoping to fit into this within two months.

Thanks everyone else for their compliments as well!

And Lynet, have fun at your reunion! I agree with Mirelly that comment would make an excellant signature! I also like your avatar idea! Do it!

18. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

The dress is GORGEOUS, Shana! I love the detailing. Looking forward to seeing it in person!

And Hey, Lynet! I remember my last high school reunion. Most of the women had aged fairly well - at least you could still see the resemblance to their yearbook pictures. But the men? With several of them, I kept looking from them to their yearbook pictures, and I just wanted to say, who are you guys, and what have you done with my high school fantasy crushes?

19. Lynet

Lynet New Member

LOL, and so I did. Believe me, I don't look like that now. :eek: As Gypsy Rose Lee was supposed to have said, "I have everything I had 40 years ago, only lower."

I'll change the avatar to something else in a month or two. Errol's mug shot, maybe. Or Twyla's. ;)

20. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

LOL Believe that was the exact part of the first photo that had me thinking: "uh-oh!:" :rolleyes: However the second photo down, showing the ... <ahem> brassiere detail :eek: ..., caused me to reconsider what I was looking at. I read the text above the pics and all became clear. Your weight-loss program is to your credit ... it was why I was misled by the first pic ... I was already impressed by an impressively slimmer you that I was trying to see the dress' positive features, because I felt that I wanted to voice my support and I felt that I wanted to give it honestly. :D