What's New Now?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by surprised_by_witches, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Odinmoon

Odinmoon Creator of organised mess

Nice Avatar Lynet. :) And that wedding dress looks great shanna.:)
    Now how do I shed a few pounds? :rolleyes:

2. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

Lynet you are so pretty in your avatar! I love it!

And thanks again Mirelly!

Sachrissa, I can't wait either! We'll have to take a "WorldSims" picture together at the wedding with SBW to show off to people here. :)

And Odimoon; South Beach Diet is what worked for me so far. It's no "bad" carbs the first two weeks. (no breads, pastas, sweets, and you have to really watch the veggies and fruits as some are too high in the bad sugars) After the first two weeks you then go to low carb. Still no pastas or sweets. Very limited whole wheat bread only; like half a sandwhich or a whole wheat wrap at most per day. And add in more veggies and fruits. Actually it's a diet they recommend most diabetics going on.

The first two weeks were hard for me. I'm a big pasta/bread/chocolate person. But honestly I was never hungry on this diet. There is no portion limit, you just can't eat certain foods. Once I got over the first few days of serious cravings it got a ton easier. Honestly I haven't been sticking to the diet at all for the past two months and starting today I'm doing another two weeks in hopes of jump starting myself again.

I found it also helped to keep a food journal and track what you were eating. Actually I used one online called fitday. Fairly simple to use and it really made me more aware of what I was eating throughout the day. You can also track your weight and exercise on this website.

3. Odinmoon

Thanks for the fast reply shana.

I'm losing weight now but to slow for me. So I will take your advice.:) My problem was I was always lite but went on a medication with terrible consequences. I'm off that medication now so I want to get back to how I was. :eek:

4. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

That looks like a great dietary/exercise regime, Shana. It.s good to see diet and exercise co-managed and the web is a fabulous way to manage that, because it has the resources to catalogue a vast range of nutritional values and the computing power to make sense of it all. Way to go, gal!

5. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

Lynet, I really like your new avatar. Very pretty. Love your hair! If... er... it's missing in a few weeks then it wasn't me *runs* :D

6. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Got a time machine, Muffin? Because there's a lot of silver all mixed in now. :rolleyes:

But many thanks for your compliment. :)

7. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

My, Lynet! You look so elegant and refined in your graduation picture.

8. Jazz

Jazz Vintage User

Yes! Quite nice Lynet! Love the hair. *steals from muffin*

9. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

*me shocks Jazz and steals Lynet's hair back* :D

Anyway, what's new with me is that we might be moving! :eek: My mum spotted an ad in the paper so we took a look around in the flat. It was HUGE! Not the biggest flat in the world but it was the biggest I've seen by far. And what's even better is that its only 10 meters or something away from where we live now. It looks a lot like our home and I think that's why we like it so much. The best of all is that it has 2 bathrooms!!! When two teenagers and one soon to be live in the same house with only one bathroom, there can be a lot of conflicts. Hehe. :rolleyes:

I think my dad has put up and offer so we've all got our fingers crossed that we get the house--well, flat. :D

10. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

That's exciting, Muffin! I'm a big believer in more bathrooms! Hope it works out for you!

11. Jazz

Jazz Vintage User

Today's been a pretty slow day here. Nobody's really on. 3 days til school starts :(. Quick question about Sims, I downloaded a hack, and next to it, it has this: :)alert:) sign. Is this bad?

12. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

No - that normal. It is just a warning that this is a hack, and therefore changes game play. Any use of a hack can be risky, but generally, if you get one from a trusted source, read all of the instructions and use them judiciously, you should be OK.

13. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

I'm pretty late, but I have to say that you look gorgeous, Shana, and you're going to look great on your big day. I'm not too good with the wedding compliments--haven't been to any myself, besides my cousin's when I was three or four, and I was too busy trying to keep myself from acting unruly to actually enjoy the ceremony. It was a Chinese-style wedding, too. My cousin did wear a gown, but there was no walk down the aisle or anything. Chinese weddings are all about the food.

On Friday there was a great big thunderstorm. I was playing TS2 (finally, after a few weeks' abstinence) in the basement, and my brother was on the other computer and my sister was watching TV. Suddenly there was a giant crack of thunder and my computer went off. I'd been in the middle of constructing an immense, incredibly complex Jiko-style pool house for a family of mermaids, and I had to rebuild it! But anyway, along with the crack of thunder there was a pop, like a gunshot, and the smell of smoke filled the room. My grandma's car alarm went off, too. Turns out something short-circuited, and our internet's power supply or something was broken.

14. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Oh, you think you can catch me, hmmm? I don't normally allow myself to be photographed. We goddesses prefer to maintain a little mystery. :D Fabulous dress, by the way! I'm looking forward to seeing it in person. So nice of you to invite me to your wedding!

I love your avatar, Lynet. You were, and are, so pretty!

As for diets, Odinmoon, Weight Watchers works if you stick to it. I didn't, but keep trying to go back to it. It is a realistic diet because it lets you eat what you normally eat, and teaches you to control your portions.

What's new (old) with me is my poor puppy keeps scratching. We're going nuts trying to pinpoint the cause of her allergies. We've tried just about everything and I don't like the idea of steroids. Next is new food, again, I guess. Sigh.

The cat and the dog have become such good friends! I'll try to post a picture of them cuddling soon. This morning Elinor kept tripping Isabelle because she was literally underfoot (underbelly)? I told her "no" because she was trying to eat Izzy's food, and Izzy is so good she looked up like, "I thought this was mine, but if you say so," and I had to tell her it was OK to eat.

The difference between dogs and cats! Ellie just ignored me and kept chowing down. I had to push her out of the way. Izzy's a very polite dog. "Oh, did you want some? Help yourself."

This morning Ellie was so happy to see me she thought she'd jump the 14 feet between the dining room floor and the balcony, which I was leaning over to wish hubby a happy anniversary.

We've been married 13 years, today.

(I told Ellie to "use the stairs, doofus," and she did! Who says cats don't speak English.)

15. Odinmoon

Thanks for the advise SBW.:)
    I went to a dietitian and she gave me a list of the what haves and what not's :eek: But I will soldier on. :box:
    However I'm losing weight any way cause no medication yeaaa:D

16. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Have you got a red rug or carpet?

17. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Congratulations, SBW! Really, that is so great. Hope you had a wonderful day.

18. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

Thanks 123 and SBW!

SBW: Your cat sounds soooo cute! Got anymore new pictures of her? And congrats as well on the 13 years!

19. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

We have a maroonish one in the living room. Why? Are dogs allergic to red dye? We also have a red couch and a red chair.

I've got pictures of Ellie, they just take ten years to upload! I'll try to post some soon. She is rather adorable. Her tail looks like she stole it from a squirrel, it's so bushy. She looks like a Maine **** kitten, even though she's a "mutt." OMG the censor blooped the short word for raccoon. You've got to be kidding me. It's a CAT BREED. Sheesh.

Thanks for the well wishes! We celebrated our anniversary last weekend so today was kind of low key. Hubby did buy the cat food so I wouldn't have to, though, which is sort of like a present. :)

On Saturday we had dinner at the restaurant where we had our wedding reception. Yummy Greek food, and a bottle of wine . . .

20. Odinmoon

Lol what is the short word for a racoon ? :eek: