What's New Now?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by surprised_by_witches, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Oh, so cute, SBW. I'm sad that I've decided no pets for awhile. Maybe when I retire on social security (if it's still available.)

2. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

Thanks Moon! So it's that easy huh? :D Funny that.

Aaww SBW, your kitty and your dog are so cute!! Glad they're friends. A friend of mine has two cats and they dispise each other. :shocked:

3. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

That's why we got a kitten. Our old cat hated the dog, after all, she was there first and who was this interloper anyway? The kitten is very outgoing and almost from the start was more like, "Hi! Wanna play?"

After the dog got over her shock--a cat wants to play with me?--she was more than happy to oblige.

We think we've pinpointed her allergy: dust! I plan to get a better vacuum cleaner and a Hepa filter soon. Maybe that will stop all the scratching. Fingers crossed!

I love how sims call their dogs "woofums."

Thank you, Muffin, for putting the library in your sig line. It's the only way I can reach it, right now. I am going to have to try to figure something out.

I want the cheaty buttons back (the links at the top of the page.) :(

4. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

They've added the Library to the blue Menu Bar, right under the thread path...I was panicking until I spotted it there!:confused:

5. surprised_by_witches

Thank you! I missed that. :)

6. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

awww...how cute SBW! And she's so much bigger than the last time you posted a picture of her!

7. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

*Wipes away apple juice, freshly sprayed over screen* :D

I remember buying my Dyson because I was convinced that the dust-free environment would be good for my chest. It made no difference ... I just had to stop smoking. Kids. It ain't big and it ain't clever ... I'm so glad I stopped. Back to the vacuum ... my Dyson is excellent but I wish it would use itself. I understand that Mr. Dyson is engaged in exhaustive R&D to such ends ... but I am somewhat ashamed to admit that, once the novelty of having a super-sucky vac had worn off (about a week or one use :eek: ) I returned to my former practise of vacuuming only when I was expecting company .... :rolleyes:

8. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

They do have those self propelled vaccs now that hunt out dirt on their own.... is that what you had in mind?

9. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Isn't that why we invite people over? So that we clean once in a while?:D

10. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Ssh! I thought that was supposed to be a secret. ;)

If cleaning merely involved pushing a machine over floors and ignoring all the corners, shelves, cornices and under stuff, then I, for one, can claim to do that regularly.

In the days before the Dyson, I always added a drop of vanilla essence to a new vacuum bag. 2 minutes pushing the Hoover up and down the hall and living room does wonders for the environment score.

I think Mr Dyson is aiming toward something more like a Servo ....

11. surprised_by_witches

That would be nice, wouldn't it? As long as it didn't have ambitions of world domination. Or at least had its priorities straight. No, no, clean the house first, then take over Tokyo.

That is the rub, isn't it? You have to use the vacuum for it to work. But my old one's a hunk of junk, so it's time. The theory is, if the vacuum is powerful enough and doesn't smell like burning rubber (like my present one) I might actually use it once in a while.

Kitty's looking foward to meeting you, too, Sacha, BTW. And Shana, if she can tear herself away from her wedding plans or her Mormon sims. Yes, she is a lot bigger, more than doubled in size since we got her. I swear every morning she weighs more.

She's going to be a big kitty, there's no doubt in my mind. Watch out, mice. :D

12. Lynet

Lynet New Member

It's after midnight here. I just got back onto my computer a few minutes ago. Of all things, the electricity was knocked out for an hour or so. No storms, no rain, no reason.

Luckily, I wasn't playing the sims game. *whew* But I WAS trying to write another chapter for my story. I decided it was an omen. Time to pack it in and wait until I got back from the trip.

I'll probably visit here tomorrow morning. I will definitely visit while I'm in California. :D

13. surprised_by_witches

And we're going to hold you to that! :)

14. muffin-tacos

What's new with me is I got my hair cut today. I haven't had my hair this short in years. Well, OK, it's not that short but it's shorter than it was before-- well obviously.:eek: I keep liking it more and more. I bought some hair dye as well so tomorrow I'm planning on dying it a darker brown (like I've done so many times before). :rolleyes: My hair natural hair colour is light brown, BTW so no big change. Hmm, maybe I should dye it pink next time? LOL.

15. Odinmoon

Odinmoon Creator of organised mess

LOL Muffin when I had to go for a job I didn't want . I turned up in green hair and red painted shoes .:D I used green food colouring. Funny thing though it didn't wash out, so I was stuck with it for weeks :eek:
    Well I didn't get the job :mad::cool:

16. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

the stratigies we develop for success!!;);)

17. muffin-tacos

Green food colouring. Now that's something I never would even for a moment consider. LOL. :rolleyes:

*sigh* School starts tomorrow. :( Man, my two months of summer holiday went fast. It's funny how things that you want to last for ever go really quickly. Sure, it's going to be nice to see my friends again but then all the tests, stress and tiredness is going to kick in.
    I'll be at the top year this year and then I'm off to collage here which is kind of scary. I'm thinking of going on strike. :D

18. Chris

Chris New Member

I'm the year ahead of you then, finished at school this June and starting college on 7th September :D

Anyone wanna know what I got for my final GCSE exams? :p Sure you do!

English Language: A*
    Maths: A
    IT: A
    Leisure and Tourism: A A (worth 2 GCSEs)
    English Literature: B
    Biology: B
    Chemistry: B
    Physics: B
    French: B
    Electronics: B
    Statistics: B
    German: C
    RE (Religious Education:( C
    Additional Maths: U :p But I won't count that hehe.

Bit annoyed I didn't get A for English Literature as I did so much coursework for it, but nevermind! :rolleyes: I'm pretty pleased though :)

Anyone else have any final exams this year?

19. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Well done, Chris.

Never mind the additional maths ... you can always use a calculator to do the adding up ... just so long as you can the divisional maths ;) (Funny how we Brits say maths when the Americans say math ... whoever heard of anyone studying mathematic .... :p)

What A-levels are signing up for?

20. muffin-tacos

Holy hell, Chris! That's brill. Me? I'm not going to post my grades up here. Waay to private for me. :eek: But I was pretty pleased with myself, but that was nothing compared to my brainiac friends (heh, brainiac. Ever seen that program where they blow microwaves up all the time?). I was really surprised that I got an A in Technology though. I hate Technology and I dispise the teacher. :eek: