What's New Now?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by surprised_by_witches, Aug 5, 2007.

1. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

Hehe muffin - I would have bunked off maths too, I always hated it, still do. :p

Well, talking of maths, numbers and such, what's new with me is that I had to make a very embarrassing phone call to my bank this morning. :eek: My bank card expires at the end of this month, and only yesterday I was thinking that the replacement card had better arrive soon. So, this morning it arrived and there I was all excited to get my shiny sparkling new bank card. When I opened the envelope and took a look, sure enough, shiny sparkling new bank card BUT when I saw the new card number I freaked out. Amongst the long line of digits, one of the sets of numbers contained number 13. It also arrived today, the 13th too. TOO FREAKY! I am phobic about the number 13 and so I called my bank - the guy on the phone was quite amused and even laughed about it. Luckily he was also happy to order a new card for me, and cancelled the new one on the system.

I'm sorry but if I had to carry the number 13 around with me in my purse, let alone look at it when I use it, I would be insane after a week. New card lasts for 3 years so nuh uh, new card pl0x!!1 :eek:

2. alliekat

alliekat Insert quirky comment

I haven't been on a plane before either, but the only time we will be flying is from Melbourne to Sydney, so it will only take an hour. I can handle an hour for my first time I think.

We haven't actually booked the honeymoon yet, we're still trying to find the right price for what we want, but hopefully we'll get some good answers soon.

As for eBay, I've done a lot of the little stuff that I wouldn't know where to go in a shop. I bought a guestbook, bubbles and am currently looking for bulk lots of disposable cameras. I don't really know what else we need. I need flowers, but apparently there is a market nearby that has good ones and you can make them up yourself.

3. Odinmoon

Odinmoon Creator of organised mess

Oh AllieKat that flight is called the roller coaster. lol > You fly up half way and you fly down the other half. The plane was never level when I flew. but maybe the planes are faster at climbing now days. You will be flying to an altitude of 30,000 feet. :)

I now days fly it with flight sim.:rolleyes:

4. alliekat

Yes well, it's a nice short flight for my first one so that's fine with me :p.

Something strange just happened. I was sitting down in the study minding my own business on the net, when the lights went out. I turned off all the lights I had on, and went out to check the safety switch. The lights one was out. I turned it back on and there was a bang (missed a light, doh!) so turned that light off and tried again. Hooray I have light. And about 3 or 4 blown globes :rolleyes:. I just love it when Ash is on night shift AND leaves his phone at home :mad:. Anyhoo, I'm now leaving all the lights off and will let him know about it when he gets home in the morning.

5. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

LOL that's funny. Wag school. When I write that I can see a teacher wagging her finger at me in my head. Maybe that's why it's called wagging school in Australia?

6. Lynet

Lynet New Member

I never played hooky from grade school. Too timid. In college, however, I was always missing classes. Needless to say, it took me about 20 years to get my degree. :eek: So I suggest not missing classes in college.

7. alliekat

Ha, I wagged a class in year 9 (bout 15). We sat on the oval, and only got caught cuz one of the assistant principals was driving somewhere else :eek:. Pretty stupid place to go really. In my later years I just went home. Went through a real don't want to do it anymore phase in my last year.

8. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

I only played hooky from assemblies, myself. Useless waste of time, IMHO. My friend and I would go to her house a few blocks away and listen to music.

Hey, just in case you thought pigeons were completely useless, here's a sweet story from CuteOverload.com:

Annoying pigeons CAN redeem themselves!
    According to reports, this abandoned baby monkey, "close to death, is revived by the love of a bird. Taken to an animal hospital, he was weaned back to physical health but still showed little appetite for life.
    It was not until a fellow patient, a white pigeon, took him under her wing and showed him love and affection that he perked up. Now the two are inseparable, say staff."
    [​IMG]

9. muffin-tacos

Aw, how cute! A monkey and a pigeon. Never thought I'd see that. :slaphappy:

10. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Oh, that's sooo cute. All of us need affection, don't we.

I'm home from work today. I'm supposed to be off work on Fridays but I wasn't sure it was going to happen this week. I left stuff undone, but my supervisor, Steve, said that I would probably have time available in my schedule next week to finish it.

Thank goodness. I'm exhausted. It'll take time for this lazy body to get used to a whole new set of demands on it. :eek: I'm actually falling asleep by 10 PM. Getting up at 6. Most of you may roll your eyes and think ho-hum, but I'd gotten quite used to shorter work days and a minimal (1.5 miles) commute. Too bad that job was so screamingly boring.

11. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

I've been wondering where you'd gotten to lately...Sounds like the new job has been keeping you buzy! Hopefully that's in a good way, though!

12. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

That's one lovely story. :)

Lynet. Hang in there. :) It can only get worse (joke).. I do hope (sincerely) that your work is giving you what you want from it, despite long hours and long travels it seems.

I finally finished my paperwork for our company website. PHEW!!! You do actually need to know the stuff somewhat in order to get the writing right as well as pics. It's going with the mail tomorrow and will be at the designer's by Monday. Then they will need about 2 weeks to finish it off. Otherwise. it's up temporarily now:
    http://www.plvac.com
    It will be about 4 times as much on it when finished as well as many texts translated into english as well.
    I also trying to get names for some of my african violets. I just learned that one might actually be a new sort!!! :shocked: I now know what to do to test if it's stable and then I might be able to register a new one. Would be waaaay cool. In my photobucket I have pics of it. It's blue-white.
    http://s41.photobucket.com/albums/e271/Polstjaernans/
    Look under my pictures.

I also found out that I can't use messenger without upgrading to windows live!!! And I do NOT want that. 2 of my email accounts have been upgraded and I lost ALL sub folders - ALL emails etc... :mad: And they were important as they were about trading with guinea pigs to-from UK, Denmark, Finland and Norway!!! Also replies to ads I have out re animals for sale... Absolutely horrifying! I don't even now if it's legal to just upgrade peoples stuff without they permit it first. At least not here I think it would be. Oh well. There's nothing I can do about it though. So it's no point in going totally
    :biting: and :hissyfit:

13. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

Muffin, is your avatar from a painting by Enayla, or Linda Bergkvist? Looks familiar to me.

Agh, high school is so scary. My Geometry teacher is so tricky. He likes asking us true/false questions (just as an example, 'If two planes intersect, their intersection is a line') and half of the time it's the answer other than the one that first occurs to us, while the other half of the time it's actually the first answer that occurred to us but we decided to answer differently because we think he's tricking us, but...*rubs temples* Tricky, tricky, tricky. The seniors are so intimidating, too. They always steal our lunch table and we're too cowardly to steal it back the next day, so my group of friends and I have been steadily moving around the cafeteria day by day.

Lynet, don't feel weird for wanting to go to sleep so early--I wish I could go to sleep at 9! My pubescent body is screaming for ten hours of sleep, but all I can give it is seven.

14. muffin-tacos

I have no idea. It could be Enayla, that name sounds really familiar.. I chose to have that pic as an avatar because I really like fairy pictures (good ones, I mean). :)

<edit> I did a google search and look what I found: My avatar! And lots of other pretty paintings. So the answer is yes, person123, the painting is by Linda Bergkvist/Enayla.

15. Lynet

Lynet New Member

I played sims all day.

I really should write that in a "What's NOT New" thread, if we had one. :p

In between running to the dry cleaners and the grocery, and doing some laundry, I played with my new character Zygmunt. This is a novelty for me. Although I'm writing a story about him, I'm playing with him, too, because I decided I wouldn't use cheats for this one. I'm sort of following the legacy challenge--big piece of property and he's got to marry a townie and start a dynasty. I say 'sort of' because I did allow him to buy downloads that cost almost nothing. And one "generator." Obviously, since he's out in the wilderness, he needed a generator for his refrigerator. It cost a lot, but he's got to have a refrigerator for food, so I gave him exact change to buy the generator, and he can't sell it.

Boy, is he struggling. :eek: It was an expensive piece of property (I did raise hills on it--that's expensive.) I hope I can get something written up to post tomorrow.

16. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

I don't understand what you mean by generator, but it sounds fun!

What's new is Sacha and I went to the Renaissance Festival with Witch Baby today. Now WB has a sleepover and hubby and I are going out for sushi.

So I've got to go! :p

17. Lynet

Lynet New Member

When I started to write another chapter, I realized that he needed a generator for his refrigerator. He is, after all, way out in a desolate area. So I went to MTS2 and searched for a download. I found only one thing that fit the bill, although it's quite weird. And it cost 10,000 simoleons. But I decided that the story needed it. :rolleyes:

Visitors always want to play with it, and that knocks out the electricity for 7 hours. Seriously. Zygmunt's lights won't work for 7 hours. So as soon as he can afford it, I'm going to build a fence around it. :eek: I need lights for taking pictures, for Pete's sake!

18. Odinmoon

Odinmoon Creator of organised mess

Oh I want a generator too. where I get it.? where?! where? !.:hissyfit: :D

19. alliekat

What's new is I'm aching! I went to my cousins hens night last night and they had organised a pole-dancing class :eek:.
    Man I am unco-ordinated and I look ridiculous on a pole. It was fun though I have to admit.:D

20. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Yes! It was a perfect day for the Renaissance Festival...Sunny and cool (maybe a little TOO cool in the morning, but it warmed up OK!) and it was really fun acting as "tour guide" for SBW and Witch Baby! The entertainment and demonstrations were fun, and the food was great...especially the roasted corn on the cob! (Sorry SBW, you and Witch Baby had already left by then! And, of course, the shopping was a little too good! You should have seen what I picked up after you'd gone! :rolleyes:)