What's the best...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by suitemichelle, Jun 26, 2007.

1. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

What's the best...

What's the best new word you've come across lately, the source (if you remember) and meaning?

From Phyllis A. Whitney's "Rainsong":

Gilliwrinkles​

It means odds and ends.:p

2. John Mole

John Mole New Member

It's not a word, but:

"Yeah, and I broke a nail." (Another way of saying "So what?"), Someone online at the time.

Hork (a.k.a. steal), some skater guy I used to know.

3. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

LOL, gilliwrinkles. That's too funny! :D

Today I was flipping through my thesaurus and spotted this word: rattlebrained. I looked it up and it means foolish; giddy and talkative. :eyebrow:

"Don't be so rattlebrained, dear!" :rolleyes:

4. muffin-tacos

*bump* :bouncy:

I've been meaning to post this for some time now but I never got around to actually doing it. Here goes..! :bitelip: Drumroll if you please. :rolleyes:

I was reading the book Eragon a few weeks back and I found this lovely word: bibliophile which means one who loves books. Suits me perfectly and I thought it was worth putting up here. :D

5. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Well. This isn't new. It's pretty much "Stockholmish" word: Pucko!

It's a chocolate drink - but also it emans someone silly, dumb, foolish or acting that way. Rickspucko is even worse - to br... :p

6. muffin-tacos

Oh, I used to love that drink, Pucko. I did a google search on it and I found their site. Looks like they're making t-shirts and stuff now with the Pucko logo on them. Take a look at "Prylar". What's with the ugly hat/bandana thing? :confused: And they expect people to buy that? As we sweeds say: Lycka till. (Good luck)

7. Odinmoon

Odinmoon Creator of organised mess

Chunder. An Australian word meaning to throw up.
    It comes from the convict transportation from England on ships. It's a Strine word for Watch Under. When people got sea sick and was about to throw up they would yell Chunder! So people with their heads out below would pull them in quick. The word was cut short from Watch Under because at that time of being sick, you needed the fastest word to come out. :D

8. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Geeezzz.... That's horrible (that bandana thingy) Anyone with such one only needs to cover an eye and then they can scare people to death! :redflag: But that's right. Pucko is a nice drink some times. I prefer it if there's only fizzy drinks to choose between. Tummy gets upset by all the fizz. :cry:

Chunder eh? I like that one. :p