What's up with the forum today?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Ruthie_Faye, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Ruthie_Faye

Ruthie_Faye New Member

What's up with the forum today?

It's really slooowwwww and every post I submit I get a notice that it's a duplicate of a previous post. The first time I thought I may have hit submit twice because it's going so slow. The next one I hit submit and clicked out of the window so I wouldn't be tempted to hit submit a second time and I still got the notice. :shocked:

I guess it's just a little flaky today.

Ruth

2. Judhudson

Judhudson is a Hi-Tech Redneck

I emailed Josh and he replyed something is causing a load on the site's server which is causing UOEM, Simprograms and Worldsims to run at a crawl. Hasn't found out what it is just yet but he's looking into it. :)

3. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

The server this week is unusually busy, which is really odd. I don't know what exactly is the culprit, but it's specifically this server.

We're getting server load factors in the 9-12 range, but I don't know why at the moment. Our typical server loads are around .14-3 so that means we've had 4x the amount of server processing going on.

4. Ruthie_Faye

Ruthie_Faye New Member

That is kinda wierd! The traffic isn't coming from here that's for sure, wonder what's going on. When I tried to respond the first time to this I realized that it kicked me out. Logging back in was pretty quick though, better then the first time anyway. Hopefully the problem will be fixed soon.

Ruth

5. ManagerJosh

Well I figured it out.

One our network sites (KOEIWARRIORS.CO.UK) got an exclusive scoop on announcing a brand new game title before all the major media and other fansites. In turn, our server is getting slammed like crazy because major media sites and fans from around the globe are accessing the server because they want the latest game information.

I'll put in a request for hardware upgrade this week to increase performance, but we will have to see. The server is holding up fairly nicely and I'll see what I can do to squeeze more performance out of the server in the meanwhile.

6. Ruthie_Faye

Ruthie_Faye New Member

Thanks for taking care of that for us Josh! You're the best.

Ruth

7. ManagerJosh

Okay, so the server should be officially fixed. Apparently we botched something big time when we decided to move some software around.

Now you should be experiencing litespeeds at light speeds :D